Author Topic: If you're the Cavs, what do you do?  (Read 3291 times)

If you're the Cavs, what do you do?
« on: June 19, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm thinking, I have picks one and four.  Looking at the roster, doesn't look great, so I want as much talent on this team as I can get.

I'm going Williams with the first pick, then picking one of the remaining PG's, either Knight or Walker.

I believe this maximizes their position and also might force Minnie into a trade, since Irving play an un-needed position for them.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: If you're the Cavs, what do you do?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 06:25:29 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Of course, I have a few guards on the team, I might go big/big as well, such as Williams and Kanter.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 06:33:20 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
I take K.Irving and offer Varejao + #4 pick for the Wolves second pick and draft D.Williams if accepted. Also willing to part with JJ Hickson in the Wolves deal.

A lot of losses to follow. Receive another top five pick next season and add another high quality prospect. Use the team's cap space in the meantime to add additional assets similar to Presti in OKC.

Hopefully, by that point, their roster will have enough talent on it to start taking steps forward. Give the youth time to grow + add solid complementary veterans to aid development.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 07:14:48 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I take K.Irving and offer Varejao + #4 pick for the Wolves second pick and draft D.Williams if accepted. Also willing to part with JJ Hickson in the Wolves deal.

A lot of losses to follow. Receive another top five pick next season and add another high quality prospect. Use the team's cap space in the meantime to add additional assets similar to Presti in OKC.

Hopefully, by that point, their roster will have enough talent on it to start taking steps forward. Give the youth time to grow + add solid complementary veterans to aid development.

I think that's too much to give up for D. Williams.  Of course, if he explodes like Blake Griffin or anything near that I'll eat my words.

I'd also take Irving #1, then hopefully Kanter at 4.  If Kanter's not there I'd take Vesely.
Next year start Irving, B. Davis at the 2, Vesely, Hickson and Varejao.....That team will be in the lottery again, and there's quality throughout next year's lottery, so they don't need one of the top 3 picks or anything like that....

And since there's no need to be all that horrible next year, just 1-12 or so in the lottery, I'd keep Varejao.  The year after that they could field a darn good team with building blocks in place for a needed core.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The T-Wolves are under cap. I would package Antawn Jamison + JJ Hickson + #4 pick and #54 for the #2 and Anthony Randolph. Pick Irving and Williams 1 and 2.

Try to package Ramon Session and # 32 for Bobcats' #19. Draft Nikola Vucevic.

Lineup will be

Irving/Davis
Davis/Gibson/Manny Harris
Williams/Eyenga
Varejao or Randolph/Samardo Samuels/Gody
Varejao or Vucevic/Hollins/Semih

before free agent signings.

Then again, not sure if everything will go as planned. If not, draft Irving 1 and Kanter/Vesely at 4. Put Jamison, Hickson, Baron and Sessions on the block and take the best deal.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 07:56:35 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
either take Derrick Williams as the 1st pick, then Kemba at the 4th

Or

Kyrie Irving as the first pick then trade someone or two for the 2nd pick and take Derrick Williams

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 08:02:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Williams + Kanter

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Enes Kanter 1st overall, and Brandon Knight 4th Overall.

the cornerstone of a franchise is the big man. Take the best big in the draft Enes Kanter. Then draft Brandon Knight who imo has as much potential as Kyrie Irving. win-win situation.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Run and Hide...

Take Williams first. This would basically force the Twolves to trade the number two pick because the last thing they would want is another point guard. Get rid of Davis and Jamison for 50 cents on the dollar. Get young, have a few bad years, and hope for the best out of the rebuilding process because nothing is looking too promising in Cavtown.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Well, no one is a sure thing in this draft so they should entertain any and all offers for either pick.  Personally, I don't think they'll get an offer that'll help them out more than using those two picks.

Take Williams first and the BPA at #4.

Keep Varejao and Hickson to use will Williams as a young frontcourt (although Varejao isn't really considered young anymore -- more in his prime right now).  Two hustling big men that will be a good influence on Williams.  Varejao could be a prime trade target for contending teams next year like Miami and Boston but they're not going to offer good trade value.  

The #4 pick will most likely either be Kanter or Knight.  If both are available, take Kanter.  Davis can cover point for now.  Next year they'll still be a lottery team and there will be a plethora of solid PG prospects they can pick from to bolster the roster.  

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'm with the others on here that want to take WIlliams first.  I think that's the better bet.  Then take BPA at #4.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 10:48:23 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Take Williams at #1
Take Kemba at #4