Author Topic: Wolves acquire Beasley for a 2nd and the right to swap 1sts. (lottery potential)  (Read 7151 times)

Re: Beasley Traded to T-Wolves
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 10:54:38 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
i say we take on big al's contract and get beasley ... they stated they don't want him now that they have Darko, and beasely will see little playing time behind Kevin Love/Webster .. and with NJ getting outlaw/tyrus (our favorites) there's really no one else left in FA .. and don't say Josh Howard.. he's had more injury issues than mike redd and t-mac ...

I like a sheed/baby for Big Al deal.

That would be amazing. Can you imagine? That would mean the best player we ultimately lose to get KG would be...Glen Davis!

Kahn is dumb enough.

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
i say we take on big al's contract and get beasley ... they stated they don't want him now that they have Darko, and beasely will see little playing time behind Kevin Love/Webster .. and with NJ getting outlaw/tyrus (our favorites) there's really no one else left in FA .. and don't say Josh Howard.. he's had more injury issues than mike redd and t-mac ...

If we can get AL and Beas I'd be very happy.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I guess its an ok move to give up just a second rounder... But i still dont like it for Minny. They had cap space and basically used it to "sign" Beasley in a sense.

I dont see how he fits in Minny with Jefferson starting, likely alongside Darko and his absurd contract, then having Love as the next big man off the bench. I just see the wolves as a mess and quite frankly this makes them even messier.

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 11:35:44 AM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Kahn just made a huge mistake ( the guy never fails to surprise on how bad he is).

Him taking Beas allows Heat to now sign Miller.

When you stink as bad as Minny does, accumulating assets is all you can do.

And frankly, if this facilitates Mike Miller going to the Heat, Kahn will have just done a huge favor for Boston, Orlando and LA.  I mean, you've got Wade, Bosh, LeBron and Marion Chalmers, a 6'1'' PG who averaged a whopping 7.1 points and 3.4 assists last season...and you're going to spend your last available dollars under the cap on a power forward who loves to shoot the three?

Mike

What are you talking about?  Mike Miller is a 2 guard, and maybe a 3 in certain lineups.  Never a 4.  Miller would actually fill a huge void for them.  Signing him would make their team demonstrably better.

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
HE was thinking Brad Miller, not Mike Miller. With Mike Miller, you basically play Lebron or Wade at PG, and then Mike Miller and the other at the wings.

As for the wolves - not unlike Danny pre-Big 3. We had a lot of overlap at positions. Getting a team that can work together is over rated, stockpiling assets is better and then making a move when you get the chance.

I'd say their depth looks like:

Darko / Jefferson
Love / Beasley

I think Darko, Jefferson, and Love are all known commodities at this point, so they don't need to establish themselves. Seems like Jefferson is the guy they will move. I do think Minny's drafting has been a problem, Flynn made no sense when Curry (and others) were on the board. And I think they picked an inferior talent this year.

I cannot believe a team with cap space that's going to compete wouldn't want Jefferson for a 1st - he's going to be better than anyone you get in the draft. (There were what two or three guys that might be better than him from this year's draft... might.) Couldn't OKC pick him up for some spare talent (they have extra draft picks) and cap space? They have a thin front line and may like to see how Jefferson and Durant at forward look compared to Green.

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
  What are you talking about?  Mike Miller is a 2 guard, and maybe a 3 in certain lineups.  Never a 4.  Miller would actually fill a huge void for them.  Signing him would make their team demonstrably better.

Miller is NOT a 2.  He's always been a 3, but he'll have to play at the 4 if he's going to start for the Heat.  LeBron is great and all that, but he's not going to be chasing opposing shooting guards all over the court.

Mike