Author Topic: Cs to meet wih Kwame Brown  (Read 12317 times)

Re: Cs to meet wih Kwame Brown
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Don't understand why Brad Miller is waiting on the Lebron, Wade situation. Joakim Noah will continue to start over him in Chicago. If he wants to wave a towel from the bench, then I guess he should stay in Chi-town.  If he wants some real minutes, he'd come play for us.

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2010, 11:01:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
Kind of surprised to hear his name, then his age, at 28 for a part time player for cheap its worth a shot.  Can't teach height, if he can figure out the defensive rotation, rebound, play good defense than why not?
Not sure about Shaq at this point. out of shape, looking for $ and might be an attitude problem.    Ben Wallace?

And if kwame is an example, they can't teach desire either.  I have only seen him in a few games. But in those anyone can see that he guy has talent, no doubt about it. He just does apply himself on a consistent basis. He shows flashes of his talent, then will stand around and watch the plays run by him. He almost looked indifferent. 

Olowokandi played a very different style of center, more offense and quicker I think, but he had the same problem - neither guy seems to have a deep desire to win each time they take the floor.

I would not mind the celtics picking him up since kwame is better than Williams. But I would not expect too much from him... Unless kg can some how teach him desire. If he is a Celtic, I will hope for the best.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2010, 12:03:08 AM »

Offline dooyork

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 42
Maybe if we sign him, we could turn around and trade him to the Grizzleys for O.J. Mayo or Rudy Gay.
Double rainbow all the way

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2010, 04:38:53 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039
I was intrigued by him a few years ago (after we won the championship and he was a FA), hoping that Cliff and KG would knock some sense into him. Then DET overpaid for him and got nothing of value really. While I still think Cliff is the best coach for him and KG the best mentor, I don't know if anything will work with him.

Apparently, his two best assets are defense and rebounding. If that's the case, who better at the vet minimum than Ben Wallace? He's got the grit, toughness, championship experience, etc. Plus I think he is still athletic enough to get up and down the floor to catch some alley's from Rondo, and alter shots on the other end.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Apparently, his two best assets are defense and rebounding. If that's the case, who better at the vet minimum than Ben Wallace? He's got the grit, toughness, championship experience, etc. Plus I think he is still athletic enough to get up and down the floor to catch some alley's from Rondo, and alter shots on the other end.
It's sounding like Ben Wallace is a near certainty to return to the Pistons next season if he decides to play another season.

I'd like Big Ben very much too but I'm not sure he is truly available.

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2010, 10:40:44 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
It's sounding like Ben Wallace is a near certainty to return to the Pistons next season if he decides to play another season.

Where'd you hear that about Ben? Doesn't make too much sense. DET is going nowhere, the city itself doesn't have much to offer, the fans are awful, etc.

Unless they will give him a nice payday, why come back to THAT?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2010, 10:41:19 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

I'd be on the phone with Wallace and push hard for him to come here.  He could play another year with Detroit and kind of slug away in mediocrity, or he could come to Boston and play a key role on a team that's making one last run at a title.  

Ben Wallace strikes me as a man that's not going to back down from a challenge, and a man that's got a tremendous amount of pride.  Strikes me as the kind of guy who would LOVE to go to war next to KG and Pierce and Perk and Rondo.  

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441

Where'd you hear that about Ben? Doesn't make too much sense. DET is going nowhere, the city itself doesn't have much to offer, the fans are awful, etc.

Unless they will give him a nice payday, why come back to THAT?
I was reading a bunch of articles on the Detroit Free Press yesterday and that was the impression they gave of the situation.

Ben Wallace and Joe Dumars appearantly have an understanding. No rush on a new deal but both have a strong interest in Big Ben returning.

Edit: Sorry, it was Michigan Live not Detroit Free Press.

First and foremost, the Pistons are expected to attempt to bring back center Ben Wallace and backup point guard Will Bynum.

Wallace is an unrestricted free agent who just finished a one-year deal with the team. He has not announced his plans for the future, but Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars said in May he and Wallace are on the same page.

"Ben and I have a great relationship, so I know," Dumars said. "I spoke with Ben before the season was over with and we've talked about that. He knows my feelings and I know his."

Most expect Wallace, who averaged 5.5 points and 8.7 rebounds last season, to re-sign with the Pistons. He arguably was the team's most valuable player, and the Pistons looked lost defensively when he was not in the lineup due to injuries.

Keith Langlois adds on his Pistons.com mailbag

Langlois: If Ben Wallace and Will Bynum both re-sign with the Pistons – and it’s more likely than not that they do – then the Pistons will have 14 players under contract already once the draft picks sign: Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton, Jason Maxiell, Chris Wilcox, Rodney Stuckey, Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva, Austin Daye, Jonas Jerebko, DaJuan Summers, Greg Monroe, Terrico White and Wallace and Bynum.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:57:40 AM by Who »

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

I'd be on the phone with Wallace and push hard for him to come here.  He could play another year with Detroit and kind of slug away in mediocrity, or he could come to Boston and play a key role on a team that's making one last run at a title.  

Ben Wallace strikes me as a man that's not going to back down from a challenge, and a man that's got a tremendous amount of pride.  Strikes me as the kind of guy who would LOVE to go to war next to KG and Pierce and Perk and Rondo.  

I agree, always liked his game. He knew his role and did it well. Never tried to take possessions on offense that he had no business doing (hello Perk!). He just stayed active and sometimes got free for a dunk or alley-oop. That would be an intense group.

Good investigating WHO, I hope he reconsiders though. Maybe Doc can woo him, I believe he played for Doc in Orlando if I'm not mistaken.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I would take him over Shelden Williams in a second.

What does he bring to the table that Sheldon doesn't? Hustle? No. Intelligence? No. Good shooting? No. Laziness? Yes. Good passing? No.

Height and athleticism

When guys smaller than him dunking on him, pushing him around in the paint, outrunning him down the court, and out rebounding him I don't usually hear people say "Oh but he's so tall and athletic".

If you don't use it you don't have it.

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2010, 01:18:25 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

What does he bring to the table that Sheldon doesn't? Hustle? No. Intelligence? No. Good shooting? No. Laziness? Yes. Good passing? No.

Height and athleticism

When guys smaller than him dunking on him, pushing him around in the paint, outrunning him down the court, and out rebounding him I don't usually hear people say "Oh but he's so tall and athletic".

Nobody's talking about signing Kwame to fill in for Perk.  We're talking about the guy who's going to take Shelden's spot on the roster.

Mike

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2010, 01:20:45 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Height and athleticism

Nobody's talking about signing Kwame to fill in for Perk.  We're talking about the guy who's going to take Shelden's spot on the roster.

Mike
Now that we got JO hopefully Kwame will come in to back him up. He'd get an opportunity to be the first back up center off the bench until Perk comes back.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2010, 01:42:20 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Don't understand why Brad Miller is waiting on the Lebron, Wade situation. Joakim Noah will continue to start over him in Chicago. If he wants to wave a towel from the bench, then I guess he should stay in Chi-town.  If he wants some real minutes, he'd come play for us.
Maybe because teams don't know what their needs are and how much money they have to spend until they know whether or not they get Lebron.

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2010, 01:45:17 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
So it's seems we're definitely getting bigger up front.

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2010, 01:53:22 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Maybe because teams don't know what their needs are and how much money they have to spend until they know whether or not they get Lebron.

If Chicago doesn't get LeBron, look for them to push for Mike Miller.  Would be a great fit next to Wade and Deng, give them the shooter they desperately need.  He's also not going to cost $16M/year, so Chicago might not need to renounce Brad Miller, and could bring him back at a reasonable cost to back up Noah and Boozer.  Given Boozer's injury history, good idea to keep Brad Miller around if they can.

That's be a pretty [dang] solid team.  Not sure about the rest of the bench, but:

Rose
M. Miller
Deng
Boozer
Noah

B. Miller

Not too bad....