Author Topic: Kobe Punch At Rhondo  (Read 14944 times)

Re: Kobe Punch At Rhondo
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 01:44:22 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I'm glad the punch didn't connect on Rondo because he could have been seriously hurt, but at the same time wish it did land so Kobe could have been ejected from the game and suspended for a long time. 
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
What's the problem with Rhondo? I thought this was the Internet and not a spelling bee, and it was ok to misspell players' names.

Or does this only apply when the said players are not on the Celtics' roster?  ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 02:13:23 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
What's the problem with Rhondo? I thought this was the Internet and not a spelling bee, and it was ok to misspell players' names.

Or does this only apply when the said players are not on the Celtics' roster?  ::)

There isn't a problem, but if you're a Celics fan I think you should know how to spell Rajon Rondo's last name.  If you're an NBA fan you should know how to spell his last name.

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
It's definately no secret I think that Kobe hates Rondo.  I can tell that he just finds him super annoying, but doesn't seem like he's willing to give Rondo credit.  He just doesn't want to admit it.

Just the feeling I get.

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 02:20:05 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

There isn't a problem, but if you're a Celics fan I think you should know how to spell Rajon Rondo's last name.  If you're an NBA fan you should know how to spell his last name.

If you're an announcer for the nba should you know how to pronounce his first name as well? How about if you're an announcer or analyst for the Celts?

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Or does this only apply when the said players are not on the Celtics' roster?  ::)

There isn't a problem, but if you're a Celics fan I think you should know how to spell Rajon Rondo's last name.  If you're an NBA fan you should know how to spell his last name.

If you're an announcer for the nba should you know how to pronounce his first name as well? How about if you're an announcer or analyst for the Celts?

Yes you should lol.  Except for Tommy  ;D.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:47:44 PM by Mike-Dub »

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 03:22:59 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Eh... not sure if that was a punch, put a rip through following through on the rebound...yes it was excessive, but once you have the ball, the rules change quite a bit. If kobe didnt have the ball it's different.

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

Offline dooyork

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 42

Or does this only apply when the said players are not on the Celtics' roster? 

I like the spelling "Rhondo."  It's sort of like a male version of Rhonda.  TP to OP for the creative spelling.
Double rainbow all the way

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 04:20:34 PM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
IT DOESNT MATTER IF IT LANDED!

The NBA rules on punches clearly state that any punch motion, whether it lands or not is grounds for immediate ejection  look it up.  An attempted punch that doesnt make contact is equal to as if it did land

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 04:25:24 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

The NBA rules on punches clearly state that any punch motion, whether it lands or not is grounds for immediate ejection  look it up.  An attempted punch that doesnt make contact is equal to as if it did land

EEEERRRRRRR! And of course the officials don't notice it, the ABC crew doesn't either, and they don't show replays because of that and Kobe gets to stay in. 

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 11:09:33 PM »

Offline jeezem

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
weird, i didn't even know I spelled his name wrong, rondo rhondo, my bad, think I read it that way in an article so it stuck that way in my head, everyone seem to mess up his name, was painful to listen to the announcers, but hey - his name isn't super common and I don't spell sooper gud.

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »

Kiorrik

weird, i didn't even know I spelled his name wrong, rondo rhondo, my bad, think I read it that way in an article so it stuck that way in my head, everyone seem to mess up his name, was painful to listen to the announcers, but hey - his name isn't super common and I don't spell sooper gud.
That's alright :) Here's a Tommy Point for taking the criticism that people have thrown at you like a champ.

Keep postin'!

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164

EEEERRRRRRR! And of course the officials don't notice it, the ABC crew doesn't either, and they don't show replays because of that and Kobe gets to stay in. 

I love the Celtics and I am not a homer (but let it be known I do hate Kobe) but real talk...if KG did the same thing to Gasol he is gone.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

I love the Celtics and I am not a homer (but let it be known I do hate Kobe) but real talk...if KG did the same thing to Gasol he is gone.

Very true!