Author Topic: Sheed's Chicago Basket - who gets the points and why  (Read 1208 times)

Sheed's Chicago Basket - who gets the points and why
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:07:13 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
when Rasheed accidently scored for Chicago - was he attributed with points for Chicago? Who benefitted from his basket, which Chicago member got points from his tip in and why?

Re: Sheed's Chicago Basket - who gets the points and why
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm not sure who it was specifically in this instance, but the rule is that the player closest to the rim is credited with the basket.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:12:11 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I'm not sure who it was specifically in this instance, but the rule is that the player closest to the rim is credited with the basket.

I didn't know that...so, thanks for that info...I assumed that its awarded to the player who took the last shot...I think it was Brad Miller last night.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4599
I remember earlier this season (I think during a C's game on TNT), Kenny Smith joked about how he got at least 6 of his career points that way, as soon as he saw someone score for the wrong team, he'd race back towards the hoop just so he could get credited for the points lol.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 01:21:51 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
In europe, if you score self basket, the captain of the other team is credited with the basket.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I looked at ESPN's play by play reporting and watched the video of when that play happened... It happened with 9:53 to go in the 4th. The basket made the score 73-68 Bulls.

On the play by play reporting the basket that makes it 73-68 Bulls was counted with 9:40 to go, and the basket was given to Brad Miller, with an assist to Derrick Rose, although Joakim Noah was closest to the basket when the ball went through the basket.