Author Topic: happens to the Boston Celtics?  (Read 6223 times)

Re: happens to the Boston Celtics?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I dont care. This guy is right. We are getting those players somehow some way. Or at least some other quality players this offseason. There are enough dumb owners/GM's whose teams are in desperate times financially. I wouldn't completely rule out some nice additions this offseason.

Edit: Dont ask me to present any evidence or facts in support of my point. I dont want to hear it! Okay? No argument from any of you!

How? 

There are a ton of teams that have created cap room for the purpose of signing one of these top FA.  This will not put them in a bad financial situation next season. 

Um excuse me. Please read underlined portion of my post!

And?

Don't post if you don't want a response.

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 11:31:04 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
If we are rebuilding we should target guys that can play with Rondo.

- An athletic big man (Amare type)
- A wing finisher (Andre Igoudla type)
- A shooter (Mike Miller type)

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I dont care. This guy is right. We are getting those players somehow some way. Or at least some other quality players this offseason. There are enough dumb owners/GM's whose teams are in desperate times financially. I wouldn't completely rule out some nice additions this offseason.

Edit: Dont ask me to present any evidence or facts in support of my point. I dont want to hear it! Okay? No argument from any of you!

How? 

There are a ton of teams that have created cap room for the purpose of signing one of these top FA.  This will not put them in a bad financial situation next season. 

And?

Wow humor is lost on some. First of all read the OP. How is any of that likely? Answer none of it is. I am responding to a completely silly thread. You are taking this thread seriously? Why even discuss getting good free agents. I think we all know it probably wont happen.

I was just saying there are idiots in charge of running NBA teams. Red used to make a fool out of other teams regularly. You never know... that is all i am saying which is why I said I have no facts or evidence to back up my point.

Lighten up man ill post whatever I want to.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

How? 

And?

Wow humor is lost on some. First of all read the OP. How is any of that likely? Answer none of it is. I am responding to a completely silly thread. You are taking this thread seriously? Why even discuss getting good free agents. I think we all know it probably wont happen.

I was just saying there are idiots in charge of running NBA teams. Red used to make a fool out of other teams regularly. You never know... that is all i am saying which is why I said I have no facts or evidence to back up my point.

No one told you not to.

And unfortuantly, understanding how to write humor on a something that is read is lost on others. 

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

How? 

And?

No one told you not to.

And unfortuantly, understanding how to write humor on a something that is read is lost on others. 

Looong sigh...

Okay I am sorry my attempt at humor did not come off as clearly as I wanted it to. Either way my response was still clearly lighthearted. I didnt think it was necessary for you to tell me not to post something that i didnt want a response to. My original post was meant to come accross as "my point has no evidence to back it up so dont ask me for an argument because I have none." Then you asked for an argument to prove my point.

I dont come here to argue about anything but sports. The mood here for the most part is really cool, welcoming and intelligent. I could do without that last conversation all together so I will no longer attempt sarcasm to avoid any further misunderstandings.

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 12:09:23 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

How? 

And?

No one told you not to.

Looong sigh...

Okay I am sorry my attempt at humor did not come off as clearly as I wanted it to. Either way my response was still clearly lighthearted. I didnt think it was necessary for you to tell me not to post something that i didnt want a response to. My original post was meant to come accross as "my point has no evidence to back it up so dont ask me for an argument because I have none." Then you asked for an argument to prove my point.

I dont come here to argue about anything but sports. The mood here for the most part is really cool, welcoming and intelligent. I could do without that last conversation all together so I will no longer attempt sarcasm to avoid any further misunderstandings.

And if you didn't come here to argue something other then sports, why post this?

Why continue to argue?

This is a forum.  When you writes something, don't be surprised when someone responds.  Even if you post something to the effect of "please don't respond"

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 12:12:55 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

How? 

And?

No one told you not to.

Looong sigh...

And if you didn't come here to argue something other then sports, why post this?

Why continue to argue?

This is a forum.  When you writes something, don't be surprised when someone responds.  Even if you post something to the effect of "please don't respond"

Again Im sorry. That response was supposed to be sarcastic. Im sorry it got miscontrued.

I conceded defeat in the argument before the argument took place. Next time Ill be crytal clear if I post something like that. I really am sorry. Sarcasm doesnt always work on message boards.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:35:31 PM by Greenbean »

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 01:13:22 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153

How? 

Ha! Excellent disclaimer ;D
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 01:14:52 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

How? 

Ha! Excellent disclaimer ;D
I should try that disclaimer next time I'm in an argument with my wife.  ;)

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 01:29:24 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Sounds good.

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 07:38:34 PM »

Offline el.celta

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
the Celtics have not chosen the services of Ray Allen, Scalabrine, Tony Allen.Marcus Landry, Shelden Williams have the opportunity to choose best players cheaper