Author Topic: Red Sox Trade for Jeremy Hermida  (Read 9477 times)

Re: Red Sox Trade for Jeremy Hermida
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
They need another big bat to go along with Bay AND they need to get Mauer, because if the Yankees get Joe to replace the aging Posada, that will be very, very bad news for the Sox and the other American League contenders.

It's time for John Henry to pony up.  A 125 Million-dollar team won't compete with the Yankees.

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 08:28:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398
I think it would be pretty bad for baseball if the red sox got back hanley ramirez. I say that as a huge sox fan, but a realist. There will a lot of people crying foul that the sox traded for two expensive veterans, won a title and wore one to the ground, then they get the guy back in his prime? Thats unfair (i am aware there is no crying in baseball btw)

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 08:49:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
I think it would be pretty bad for baseball if the red sox got back hanley ramirez. I say that as a huge sox fan, but a realist. There will a lot of people crying foul that the sox traded for two expensive veterans, won a title and wore one to the ground, then they get the guy back in his prime? Thats unfair (i am aware there is no crying in baseball btw)

If the trades are fair, why would anyone cry foul? We got the Yankees overspending just about everyone in free-agency... I doubt this would be an issue.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398

If the trades are fair, why would anyone cry foul? We got the Yankees overspending just about everyone in free-agency... I doubt this would be an issue.

Well if you give up a prospect for a team that cant afford their veterans, thats kind of a problem in itself. Teams shouldn't have to give up their veterans whenever they get good because of finance (think montreal for about ten years). However, to give up the prospect and then let him grow, ride out the veterans, and then get the prospect back when he becomes a veteran. That just doesn't sit right. (ps i hate the yankees)