Author Topic: DirecTV NBA league Pass issues HELP  (Read 2206 times)

DirecTV NBA league Pass issues HELP
« on: October 16, 2009, 11:58:15 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I called the morons. Stayed on the phone, reset my box, etc BS! Waste of 2 hours. Neither person knew what was up, and the 2nd lady hung up on me.

Okay, I have NBA LP, and the guide says that 3 preseason games should be playing. They were playing for awhile, then all of a sudden the channels get blacked out. I don't live in either of those states or cities, so what's up.
I did some research on some satellite website saying that DTV might not be showing preseason.
Any other DTV NLP bloggers here? Help brothers please
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: DirecTV NBA league Pass issues HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Help the man out. Thanks.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11864
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
After the first 3 games, I have gotten the other 3 on both CSNE and League Pass.  They weren't blacked out on either.  But I wasn't watching any games last night so not sure what was up with them last night.  Tonight's game is listed on DTV 752 and 753.  Hopefully it will be on.   I have gone through the whole rest the box thing too.  I think that's the only thing their tech support knows how to do and they think if they have you do that it seems like they are doing something. 

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:58:43 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
After the first 3 games, I have gotten the other 3 on both CSNE and League Pass.  They weren't blacked out on either.  But I wasn't watching any games last night so not sure what was up with them last night.  Tonight's game is listed on DTV 752 and 753.  Hopefully it will be on.   I have gone through the whole rest the box thing too.  I think that's the only thing their tech support knows how to do and they think if they have you do that it seems like they are doing something. 

TP for helping the man out  :)

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 01:16:08 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11864
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Thanks ACF.  I wish there was a definitive answer I could give him.  I know the frustration of wanting to watch a game so badly and having it blacked out.  I feel like suing DTV for pain and suffering. 

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 02:17:07 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
You're not getting any sympathy from me.  I'm getting LP through another provider, and I don't get ANY preseason games ...

except through those pirate sites that the Blog forbids mention of (thx, BTW TB  ;)).  I think that Blog rule stinks, incidentally. :-X
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1400

For what it is worth, I have had the same experience. The first three games blacked out, last three were working. I am nto sure why this happened.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 03:54:41 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I had the same problems (1st 3 games). I think Direct TV did not have their stuff in order for the beginning of preseason. They seemed too focused on the free NHL preview.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 04:21:53 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153

For what it is worth, I have had the same experience. The first three games blacked out, last three were working. I am nto sure why this happened.

People - the first 3 games were all blacked out. Nothing anyone of us could have done. Call DTV all you want they can't/couldn't fix things for you.

We all just had to be patient until the blackout got lifted. That happened for the 4th pre-season game (vs. NJ i think) and I have had the pleasure of watching that game and each preseason game since.

Last nights game was EPIC.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland