Author Topic: 2023-24 Bruins Season  (Read 18977 times)

Re: 2023-24 Bruins Season
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2024, 09:57:38 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517
Killer. That's probably the season-ender for the Bruins

I knew the second they turned the puck over Florida was going to take it down the ice and score the gane-winner. You can just feel it with this team.

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2024, 10:02:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
Killer. That's probably the season-ender for the Bruins

I knew the second they turned the puck over Florida was going to take it down the ice and score the gane-winner. You can just feel it with this team.

Not mad at Swayman. He was a beast this postseason and deserves a fat extension.

Our D-Core was just not good (McAvoy especially) and we were lethargic for far too long. Not many shots on goal, not clearing the pucks, bad turnovers, etc.

Oh well. Tons of cap space this summer. Time to get to work.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2024, 10:05:03 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 759
Are you kidding me ?

You fight your guts out for 6 games and lose the series on a fluke goal like that ?

Then, you get at least 2 pucks on your stick from 2 feet in front in heavy traffic and somehow can't put it in ?

I thought the Celtics were crazy-making, they don't hold a candle to these guys.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2024, 10:10:08 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
If I were Brad Marchand, I would not have been able to shake Bennet's hand, let alone listen to the guy, in the handshake line after the game.
I would have been far more likely to just wave him off, push him away or punch his lights out.

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2024, 11:54:12 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 326
I need someone to sell me on the potential of next season's team. I guess the Bruins should be a good team, a playoff team, next season, but I don't see them being any better than this year's team. If they overachieved this year, that means they'll probably be worse next regular season, and about the same ceiling in the postseason as this year. They've got some good young players, but teams don't win Stanley Cups without studs. Pastrnak is a regular-season stud but a ghost in the playoffs, and Marchand's a good glue guy but not a goal-scoring savant. They might get something good for Ullmark or Swayman, but I don't know if it could be a top-tier player. I see a lot of "good," but little to no "great." Too many turnovers, bad passes, and failure to clear the puck.

And as an aside, I hope they get rid of the unis that have that muted gold. Too blah.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2024, 12:06:10 AM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
I need someone to sell me on the potential of next season's team. I guess the Bruins should be a good team, a playoff team, next season, but I don't see them being any better than this year's team. If they overachieved this year, that means they'll probably be worse next regular season, and about the same ceiling in the postseason as this year. They've got some good young players, but teams don't win Stanley Cups without studs. Pastrnak is a regular-season stud but a ghost in the playoffs, and Marchand's a good glue guy but not a goal-scoring savant. They might get something good for Ullmark or Swayman, but I don't know if it could be a top-tier player. I see a lot of "good," but little to no "great." Too many turnovers, bad passes, and failure to clear the puck.

And as an aside, I hope they get rid of the unis that have that muted gold. Too blah.

Lots of cap space to improve roster at key positions, maybe. Young guys do develop and some improve significantly.
Lord knows, we need scoring and lots of it. I am so tired of watching the Bruins so often trying to win these 2-1 games in the playoffs.
It leaves you too vulnerable to losing on fluke goals late in the game, which we have seen too much of.

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2024, 11:17:13 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
Extend Swayman. Trade 1 of Ullmark/McAvoy, and no excuses not to add a legit goal scorer AND a Top-4 D with that cap space. Also, Poitras will be healthy and will factor in as well.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2024, 01:37:27 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Useless clowns finally put out of their misery  >:(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D