Author Topic: First look at JT1 Sneaker  (Read 3612 times)

Re: First look at JT1 Sneaker
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2023, 04:16:23 PM »

Online boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Twitter is buzzing about how ugly Tatum’s sneakers are, check them out here:

I guess there is supposed to be three variations, this is the St. Louis one.

Leak: (Celtic) Tatum's first signature shoe, which has been called the "Jordan Tatum 1" and "Jordan JT1", is expected to release in March 2023 for $120 in adult sizes. Three colorways are already scheduled for the summer: 'Zoo,' 'St. Louis,' and 'Pink Lemonade.'

https://twitter.com/claudio25220133/status/1613623489256165394?s=46&t=yrU6_Czx7-3O_bFOXyT2Uw

This isn't the St Louis one, here's the tweet.  Click on the image for the name, but the black and red iss the "Zoo".

https://twitter.com/SLAMKicks/status/1627322634852794371
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2023, 04:32:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I like the four final designs, but give the home fans a green option!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2023, 07:01:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3058
  • On To Banner 18!
Only thing that disappoints me is there's no green color option for any sneaker. Wish there was one (or even just a design where there's a decent amount of green as well, doesn't have to be the entire sneaker that's green)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2023, 11:09:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3778
  • Yup

I'm not a good judge of style, especially re: sneakers.  When I was a kid, every couple years I'd be faced with a choice: high or low; black or white.     That was it.  And for the most part, that's the way it was for everyone.  I'm still pretty much in that mode, although the quality of sneakers has evolved in a crazy way.   My wife works in a middle school and one kid (not from a wealthy family by any standard) told her he got 5 new pairs of shoes (sneakers) for Christmas.   It's something I have no context for -- the "fashion" idea of it.... 

So I guess Tatum's shoe is ugly, but I still see sneaks through the black/white high/low lens -- everything else looks a little strange to me.  In full disclosure, my current pair (my only pair) is grey.  I'm being bold and trying new things.

TP for the 😂 as I can relate. Although I’ll almost never deviate from black, sometimes something in a dark green will catch my attention.

I was a big fan of the Chuck Taylor.  I’d buy a new color each year.  Unfortunately my feet are so Flippin wide they became pretty painful to wear when I got into my mid 20’s or so. 

The only time I ever “had to have” a pair was the OG Larry Bird black version of the Converse Weapon - much hate for anyone who bought those sickening purple and yellow Magic ones! 

https://youtu.be/GmkwzqG4How

If that didn’t get you fired up to buy some shoes and support your guy, what could?

Anyhow…the sneaker collecting thing is crazy to me, but I collect records and that might seem crazy to some people too.

Congrats on the sneakers and the MVP

TP sir! I collect records too. Thank you for calling them records and not  “vinyls”. I hate it when that happens haha! Anyway, congrats to the MVP again!

Lol.  Vinyl yes.  Vinyls no!

I’m a collector and former store owner.  Just started selling again on line on a couple of sites and I’m pretty neck deep in vinyl these days lol!
Yup