Author Topic: 2016 NBA Mock Draft 1.0  (Read 6532 times)

Re: 2016 NBA Mock Draft 1.0
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 08:48:45 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Mock 1.0

1. Sixers- Brandon Ingram
2. Lakers- Ben Simmons
3, Suns- Jaylen Brown
4. Celtics- Dragan Bender
5. Timberwolves- Kris Dunn
6. Denver- Ivan Rabb
7. New Orleans- Jamal Murray
8. Toronto- Henry Ellenson
9. Bucks- Jakob Poeltl
10. Kings- Buddy Hield
11. Magic- Skal Labissiere
12. Suns- Deyonta Davis
13. Rockets- Timothe Luwawu
14. Pistons- Wade Baldwin

have to agree that Simmons will go first to whomever gets that pick.  the kid reminds me a lot of a young Magic when he has the ball. 

I agree that it makes sense for the C's to shop every pick other than the Brooklyn pick to get something better.  Orlando doesn't seem to be that team though.  I see them as wanting a solid veteran at this point rather than multiple lower firsts. 

considering the Dallas pick is a potential late lottery pick still, if Phx's second first rounder is a few slots better than the Dallas pick, they might consider swapping it for the Dallas and Boston firsts. 

I think everyone else in the lottery list will hold their picks or trade them for an established player for one of two reasons:
1. the team stinks and has a pick too high to be acquired no matter how many picks we offer to send this year.
2. the team had a down year or is young but improving and really needs a vet more than another young player to continue improving.

If Young or Hunter had shown more this year, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a deal with AB and picks going out for a good player.  Unfortunately, I don't think either has shown enough to justify any thoughts that they could step right in for AB if he were traded this offseason

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 09:06:18 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
If Poeltl projects as a better Asik, doesn't that mean the Pelicans will probably take him?

Can't imagine the Celtics using a #4 overall pick to wait 2-3 years on a eurostash. All 7 of their other picks, yes, just not that one.

I'd prefer it if the Lakers got the 3rd pick, lol.

Wouldn't Colangelo probably insist on picking Simmons if the Sixers win the Simmons Sweepstakes, so as not to enrage the fanbase beyond the breaking point?

Bender has a ton of upside. According to Woj, he also has very workable buyout clauses in his contract. It's still not super clear when he would come over, but it could be sooner rather than later.
There was an article in Israeli news paper about Bender and the draft... the writer did not agree with the excitement over bender in Draft boards. also said that some of his stats on those boards were not accurate. (I would add a link but it is in Hebrew)   

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 09:20:01 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Twolves wouldn't take Dunn

Reports indicated that they're preparing for life after Ricky Rubio, and Dunn fits in very nicely with their core.
No. They were just listening to calls on him at the deadline. Not actively shopping him.
if the Wolves have a shot at Dunn, they'll take him.  They've never been shy about stocking up on PGs and Dunn has a better offensive game than Rubio already.  They may have been just listening to calls but I would be surprised if Rubio is still playing there next season if they draft Dunn.  Dunn fits the Wiggins/KAT timeline much better.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427

Reports indicated that they're preparing for life after Ricky Rubio, and Dunn fits in very nicely with their core.
No. They were just listening to calls on him at the deadline. Not actively shopping him.
if the Wolves have a shot at Dunn, they'll take him.  They've never been shy about stocking up on PGs and Dunn has a better offensive game than Rubio already.  They may have been just listening to calls but I would be surprised if Rubio is still playing there next season if they draft Dunn.  Dunn fits the Wiggins/KAT timeline much better.

Dunn would be an awesome 6th man in the short term for Minnesota.

A Rubio - LaVine starting backcourt. Dunn as 6th man.

They can all play alongside each other. Interchangeable.

Develop Dunn and see if he outplays Rubio. If he does, move Rubio further down the road.

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I know, but reports were that they'd really evaluate his future in the Summer.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2016, 03:08:29 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Simmons going #1 no matter who gets first pick

I disagree. I would have Ingram going first regardless of who was picking.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think in the draft scenario of this mock, Danny would take Kris Dunn and then head into the off-season prepared to trade one or more of Isaiah, Bradley, Smart, and Dunn to upgrade the frontcourt.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2016, 03:21:32 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1784
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think in the draft scenario of this mock, Danny would take Kris Dunn and then head into the off-season prepared to trade one or more of Isaiah, Bradley, Smart, and Dunn to upgrade the frontcourt.

I would not be surprised to see Dunn as our pick. Danny loves athletic, defensive combo guards and he will be pretty clearly the bpa. I can't imagine we go for somebody like Bender who hasn't been overly impressive and won't be here for another year. I am honestly surprised he is still rated so high due to his unclear timetable.

Brown is another option, but I need to get a better idea on his game, haven't seen much of him lately.

I do think it's likely the pick will be traded, though.