Author Topic: What prospect has fallen the most since workouts?  (Read 1685 times)

What prospect has fallen the most since workouts?
« on: June 23, 2015, 01:32:44 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 960
Seems like we've had a number of players cited for climbing the draft board, but fewer noted as falling. Makes sense, every GM is trying to throw off every other one. Still, we are not in Lake Wobegon, so for every climber, there must be a descender.

Per Draft Express,

Looks like Sam Dekker and Christian Wood, among others, have fallen a bit. I'm not a huge Dekker fan (despite his tournament performance), but Christian Wood could be interesting. Was overrated in the low 20s, but underrated in the mid-40s. Obviously, Upshaw is in there too.

What can I say, I'm a value investor. Who has fallen the most, to a point where their intrinsic value is far higher than the mocks would have you believe?

Mike

Re: What prospect has fallen the most since workouts?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 01:41:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Kelly Oubre seems to have fallen quite a bit.  Draftexpress has him at 15th, while nbadraft.net has him at 23rd.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2988
Dekker  IMO

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 01:54:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Christian Wood was once talked about as a mid to late 1st round pick, now DraftExpress  has him in the mid to late 2nd round.

Dekker and Looney both appear to have fallen 5-6 spots at least in many mock drafts over the last month or so.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 01:58:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Looney

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 287
Kelly Oubre seems to have fallen quite a bit.  Draftexpress has him at 15th, while nbadraft.net has him at 23rd.

He was the first guy that came to mind for me.  I'm wondering if Danny will pull the trigger if we don't trade up and he's there at 16.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 03:16:07 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

He was the first guy that came to mind for me.  I'm wondering if Danny will pull the trigger if we don't trade up and he's there at 16.

Just in terms of the actual draft, I think Oubre could fall, leading us to hear his name mentioned for every pick from 10-20.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 04:44:55 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I think a few guys climbed the board, Payne and Lyles for the most part. I don't see much that fell though, its more like after the 12th pick it is anyone's game.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Oubre was never that high. 13 was the highest I ever saw him.

Dekker can't shoot apparently and has collapsed in terms of his stock after the tourney

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 05:45:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd guess that the issue for Dekker, Looney, and Wood is a combination of struggles to demonstrate consistent shooting ability along with concerns about their ability to handle the ball and move well enough to play and defend the 3 at the next level.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 05:45:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'd say Oubre and Dekker. I think some of these guys have agents that try to hide them a certain way or try to avoid certain workouts or head to head workouts and it doesn't help them