Author Topic: Just for fun: If Olynyk was already picked  (Read 1749 times)

Just for fun: If Olynyk was already picked
« on: June 30, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just for fun and to see what peoples opinion will be, if Adams and Olynyk were chosen before 13 (and KCP dropping) or mavs decided to draft Olynyk and keep him, what would of been Danny's next move be??

Would danny have drafted one of Schroeder, Larkin, Muhammad, KCP or Giannis? or gone with the next best big (Nogueira, Dieng, Plumlee).

I know some people are still upset about the olynyk pick, but i wonder if these are the same people that also were upset with the Sullinger pick last year.  Look how that has panned out. 

Re: Just for fun: If Olynyk was already picked
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
shabazz

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 03:31:38 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Ainge said he was looking for a guy who could contribute immediately. He's historically been a sucker for athletic guys with high potential, but there's a reason he passed on guys like Giannis and Shabazz this year. I think if Olynyk was off the board, he would've gotten Dieng or Karasev. Low ceilings but high floors.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 03:31:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
shabazz

Man you love Shabazz don't you. I can't deny his will to score but i truly dislike his character. If your going to act like that, you better be one good player and overall he wasn't last year.  He is still young but would of been a risky pickup

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Ainge said he was looking for a guy who could contribute immediately. He's historically been a sucker for athletic guys with high potential, but there's a reason he passed on guys like Giannis and Shabazz this year. I think if Olynyk was off the board, he would've gotten Dieng or Karasev. Low ceilings but high floors.

I can see Dieng being picked, though i don't think he has enough skills to intrigue danny.  And i'm not sure where in the lineup Karasev would fit. He only has avg height for a sf and is kind of slow

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 03:44:27 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He's historically been a sucker for athletic guys with high potential, but there's a reason he passed on guys like Giannis and Shabazz this year.

I disagree.   I think he looks for guys who can play rather than athletes.   Glen Davis blows your whole premise out of the water.   Leon Powe as well both tweeners who can play.