Author Topic: Is there any possible way we could get DMC?  (Read 5233 times)

Re: Is there any possible way we could get DMC?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 10:19:31 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Getting Cousins would be key for the Celtics future, I think he would form a great base future team with Rondo, Green and Sullinger.And imagine next season with Rondo, Pierce, Green, KG and Cousins with Sullinger (and if we could get decent a backup PG) that's a team going straight for the title.

Problem is getting Kings to agree to a trade like that.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c89mwln
Maybe with 2 first round picks, 2 second rounds and cash? Still hard? Even if we have to give up more it would be worth it to form a future team.

Sorry for being super-off-topic but what's that big question mark on your post doing?

???
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 10:22:27 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Getting Cousins would be key for the Celtics future, I think he would form a great base future team with Rondo, Green and Sullinger.And imagine next season with Rondo, Pierce, Green, KG and Cousins with Sullinger (and if we could get decent a backup PG) that's a team going straight for the title.

Problem is getting Kings to agree to a trade like that.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c89mwln
Maybe with 2 first round picks, 2 second rounds and cash? Still hard? Even if we have to give up more it would be worth it to form a future team.

Sorry for being super-off-topic but what's that big question mark on your post doing?

???

It's an option on the top, below the banner ("Message icon", below "Subject") that's pretty underused.

And holy smokes you got another star. You've been here, what, two months?

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 10:37:42 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think it mainly comes around to how willing the Kings are to play DMC a max contract in the future.  If they think Cousins is worth the money, then there is no way.  If they don't, then they should try to trade him before he becomes a restricted free agent and they find themselves choosing between overpaying and letting him go for free.

I would imagine an offer like Salmons and Cousins for Sullinger, whoever the Celtics draft in 2013, the Celtics' 2014 first-round pick with relatively light lottery protection, plus filler to match salaries is a starting point, with Boston probably having to add more value, maybe Bradley and another first.  Even then, I am not sure that the Celtics can come up with the best offer.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 10:54:50 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I really think we have a chance at getting DMC this offseason for some combination of Green, Bradley, Sully, Melo, Crawford and our first. Green is a high character guy on a deal that could be a steal and has played great this season. Plus he isn't even at his ceiling. We could sell high on him:

Boston gets:
Cousins, Salmons

Kings get:
Green, Bradley, Melo and/or our 2013 first

Bradley adds even more depth to their SG position and allows them to shop Evans and Thornton for more assets. Plus they clear Salmons' bad contract and could get a pick and developmental player, while Green solidifies their SF position going forward. 

I'd throw in Sully, but I'd swap Crawford out for Bradley and want Jimmer or Thomas in return.

I think thats a deal that works for both teams.

TP I think the Celtics would have to throw in Sully. No way Sac would give up DMC without getting a rotational big. I think DMC would be the best rebuilding tool the Celtics can manageably get right now.

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 11:20:40 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
My dream is that we can do a multi-team trade for cousins. Get playoff conteners to take Bass, Jason Terry, Courtney Lee. We can also send Bradley and Melo and a ton of picks to the kings. We can make a multiteam trade and Cousins and Toney Douglas.

We could the trade Pierce for picks and get KG to retire.

With the cap space we can try to get Josh Smith to take a slight disconunt... maybe something like 13.5 mil a year for 4 years.

A big 3 of Dmc, Rondo,and J smoove will be really good and could compete.

Although this scenario is far-fetched it could happen(i think)

Then we draft Kentavious Caldwell-pope and Mike Muscala.

Before anymore signings the team would look like:

Rajon Rondo/ Toney Douglas/ Terrence Williams
Kentavious Pope/ Jordan Crawford
Jeff Green/
Josh Smith/ Jared Sullinger
Demarcus Cousins/ Mike Muscala

That team looks really good. I'm not sure if we'd have the MLE but if we did, we could use it on sf/sg like: Martell Webster, Nick Young, Al-farouq Aminu or Demare Carrol. And then sign another FAs with the vet min like: Donte Greene, Lou Almundson, and Josh McRoberts.

So that team could end up looking like:

Rondo/Douglas/Williams
Pope/Crawford/Shooting G
Green/Webster/Greene
Smith/Sullinger/McRoberts
Cousins/Muscala/Almundson

The bench and the starting Sg position don't look too good but the bench isn't horrible and i think Caldwell-pope is going to end up being better than Shabazz Muhammad. Also, the back-up center is a rookie who i like and thinkk he will be a solid back-up center.

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 11:40:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
you could try offering them Rondo, but I think they have too many point guards.  None on Rondo's level, but they'd have to resolve that... never a smart idea to give up a young big with dominant potential for a playmaker. 

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 11:42:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
DA don't find a way to trade the Kings out of Cousins  , I'm afraid it will be a LONG time before we are able acquire such a talent.

At this point I would be willing to trade anybody on the team in some deal to get him.

Like to keep Rondo, Green, AB and Sully .....more than likely want at least one of those.

I'm in a panick about KG retiring,    already low on Bigs ( that are worth a flip)

Love to move Pierce for him.  or Pierce for ANY decent Center type. 

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 12:37:32 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Why anyone would even suggest trading Rondo for DMC is beyond me.  That is disgusting.

Saying that, I would love to have him on the team WITH Rondo.  If KG retires and Pierce is traded, I would love it even more if we can get both DMC and Josh Smith, with Rondo as our best player and the captain.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 12:53:48 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1714
Do you guys honestly see Demarcus Cousins as the building block of a future championship contender?

Because I don't.  I think he's a decent player, but I don't think he'll ever be on that level.  Low-efficiency big men who don't make a defensive impact aren't what I'd consider to be championship-caliber centerpieces.   

He'd have to make drastic improvements to his demeanor, defensive intensity, and the style with which he plays the game to ever approach that level.  Getting ejected from games, being a nonfactor on defense, and playing like a 6'11" Monta Ellis on offense won't cut it.  It's hard to say how much of that is correctable, but it would be a HUGE risk to assume that he'd turn into a franchise-level player for us.

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 01:13:52 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Do you guys honestly see Demarcus Cousins as the building block of a future championship contender?

Because I don't.  I think he's a decent player, but I don't think he'll ever be on that level.  Low-efficiency big men who don't make a defensive impact aren't what I'd consider to be championship-caliber centerpieces.   

He'd have to make drastic improvements to his demeanor, defensive intensity, and the style with which he plays the game to ever approach that level.  Getting ejected from games, being a nonfactor on defense, and playing like a 6'11" Monta Ellis on offense won't cut it.  It's hard to say how much of that is correctable, but it would be a HUGE risk to assume that he'd turn into a franchise-level player for us.

At 22, this guy has all the time to become a player like that.

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 02:01:22 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Smith and DMC on the same roster without KG mentoring them... sounds like a disaster in the making