Author Topic: Nuggets Will Tender Qualifying Offer To Mozgov  (Read 3198 times)

Re: Nuggets Will Tender Qualifying Offer To Mozgov
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 07:11:19 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Dont know why everyone like this guy..if he was good, he would be starting somewhere or getting decent minutes
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 09:45:43 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Yeah its either they unload Koufus or Mozgov
4 mill a year is a very attractive contract for a legit 7 footer for any team.

Javale, as silly as he is, can be a top 5 center in this league.
So much athleticism and talent.

TOP 5 centers
Howard
Marc Gasol
Deandre Jordan
Javale Mcgee
Andrew Bynum (if he ever plays again)

lol. Just goes to show how underrated Brook Lopez is.

Javale McGee, Andrew Bynum and DeAndre Jordan  ::)

You require a brain to be a top 5 center. Something Javale Mcgee clearly does not have.

Prejudiced much?

Nope.  Mcgee has shown his knuckleheadedness way to often on the court to ignore. 

Lots of physical gifts, no real clue how to play. 

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 09:52:01 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
I would love to see someone give McGee 35 minutes a night the way Vucevic got in Orlando. He hasn't earned it but I think it would do wonders for his confidence and for his coach's confidence in him. To be a double-double guy on a nightly basis. To score 15-17ppg and grab 10-12rpg plus be one of the league leading shot-blockers.

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 10:00:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Dont know why everyone like this guy..if he was good, he would be starting somewhere or getting decent minutes
Size and athleticism.

Legitimate seven footer (7-1). Around 270lbs. Physical post defender. Has the size to compete in the low post against big power-based centers like A.Bynum, D.Howard, M.Gasol and B.Lopez. Good quickness. Good mobility.  Capable of defending in the pick and roll and in transition. A shot-blocking threat at the rim. Impressive overall physical talent.

A decent rebounder. A bit below average but useful. A solid finisher around the basket and has a serviceable short jump-shot out to the 10-15 feet range area.

If he could improve his understanding of how to play team defense, Mozgov would be one heck of a glue guy as a starting center in the NBA ... which I think is easily achievable with good coaching.

Without that improvement, Mozgov is a good backup center to capable low minute low quality starter (largely due to his ability to matchup defensively and physically against quality starting centers).

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 03:24:48 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I'd love to see the Celtics put together an offer for Mozgov and Randolph revolving around Bass and our 2013 first (plus Melo or cash).

The Nuggets looked great last night and Mozgov never even saw the floor and Randolph only got a few minutes because Faried is is out right now. I think they could both be effective for the Celtics next season and going into the future. And I think Bass would fit really well into the Nuggets front court rotation if he can keep up his energetic play.

If KG and PP come back next year Mozgov would be an excellent backup center for us. He doesn't completely fill the rebounding need we have, but his defense, offense and most importantly size will be welcome additions. He brings a lot to us next year and can serve either as a cost-effective backup going forward or a respectable (but below average) starter if we are looking to get into the lottery and not overpay a FA Center.

I've expressed my fondness for Randolph in other topics. If Bass was added to the Nuggets, Randolph would never see the court so he isn't too big a loss for them, but he could develop into a very solid rotation PF for us on the cheap (and young). His style is a lot like KG so who better to mentor him (we say this about every big, but Randolph is very similar). And his length and finesse would be an excellent compliment to Sully's stout inside game.

The Nuggets turned down the Wolves offer of Brandon Roy and their first for Mozgov, but Bass is a guy who could actually contribute, unlike the oft injured Roy and if they do indeed intend to re-up Iggy they aren't going to have much cash to bring in reinforcements so Bass and a pick might be appealing.

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Yeah its either they unload Koufus or Mozgov
4 mill a year is a very attractive contract for a legit 7 footer for any team.

Javale, as silly as he is, can be a top 5 center in this league.
So much athleticism and talent.

TOP 5 centers
Howard
Marc Gasol
Deandre Jordan
Javale Mcgee
Andrew Bynum (if he ever plays again)

lol. Just goes to show how underrated Brook Lopez is.

Javale McGee, Andrew Bynum and DeAndre Jordan  ::)

You require a brain to be a top 5 center. Something Javale Mcgee clearly does not have.

Prejudiced much?

Nope.  Mcgee has shown his knuckleheadedness way to often on the court to ignore. 

Lots of physical gifts, no real clue how to play.

His upside is as high as Wilt Chaimberlain O.O

Too bad it will never get close xD

But he can be a great role player... He's great in Denver
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 03:42:58 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Now where close to Wilt in any aspect.

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 03:44:19 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Now where close to Wilt in any aspect.

I saw someone wrote that on a Nuggets blog lol
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"