Author Topic: I Knew I Liked Andrew Bogut  (Read 951 times)

I Knew I Liked Andrew Bogut
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:19:30 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Quote from: NBA.Com
Bogut also has to bring that attitude that he talks about.

"If I can influence other people to step up their up games defensively, that'll be mission accomplished for me," he said. "I think I need to bring the same tenacity and the same defensive mindset I had in Milwaukee, but make it rub off on David Lee and Brandon Rush and Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, that we need to get stops to win games. I think that's more my goal than it is to actually go out there and block five shots a game. I think if we can get everyone on the same page defensively and hold guys accountable -- which guys probably weren't held accountable the last few seasons defensively -- I think we'll be better."

Holding each other accountable. Being prepared to get in a teammate's face. Now we're getting somewhere.

"If there's not one fight in practice during the season -- you never want to fight just to fight -- but if there's not one little scuffle or one little verbal, something's wrong. Guys aren't competing, guys aren't there for the right reason, guys are just punching the clock," he said. "I guarantee you if you interview the Lakers and the Celtics with Paul Pierce and Garnett, there's scuffles at practice, there's physicality, elbows thrown. You have to go through that when the time is right. If something needs to be said and someone doesn't like it, you've got to go out and say, 'Hey, that's part of being the leader.' This team won 20-something games last season [23]. Things have to change.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: I Knew I Liked Andrew Bogut
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 05:27:37 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
3rd best center in the league.

Too bad about his glass bones.

I hope he can stay clear of injuries moving forward.