Author Topic: Alex Kennedy :Next up for Atlanta? Trading Josh Smith....Bos needs to get on it  (Read 15408 times)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
Josh Smith is the most unCeltic player I can think of in the NBA. No thank you.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I haven't read the whole thread, so forgive me if someone else already said this, but I think Kennedy is off the mark here.  From everything I have heard, Atlanta is going hard after Dwight, and Smith is their selling point for him to resign there.  They have gained a ton of flexibility, and they have a great asset in Horford to trade for Howard.  Now, if Dwight goes elsewhere, maybe it puts Smith on the block, but right now, I think Smith is staying in Atlanta.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
No they don't. Why do we have to pay for Josh who is good, when we have a potential solid PF and Bass who can give you 10 and 6 in 20 minutes for less than half the money Josh is being paid for...?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline Lefty5790

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
If you can go for Smith, sign Jeff Green and include him in part of the trade. No need to take a chance on Green and even if he does pan out I'd still rather have Josh Smith. You can get rid of Bass too, he's expendable especially since JJJ will get minutes. Throw in a 1st round pick and you'd keep both Sullinger and Melo. If the Hawks are blowing it up and aren't confident that they'll keep Josh Smith, I'd say that's plenty for them to have especially since they'll be shedding a lot of their cap room soon. They'll be able to go out and sign other players. Put Smith on the Celtics with the Big 3, rondo, AB, and maybe even be able to acquire Jason Terry and you have another shot at the title if they're healthy.

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
If Bass, Stiemsma, and a 1st wouldn't do it, I'd move on.

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
How bout a three team deal:

Bos - sign ant trade Bass to Atl, Ray to Memphis
Atl - sends us Smith
Mem - sends OJ Mayo to Atl

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Much as I'd like to see Josh Smith in Boston, I don't see us trading AB to get him.  Also J-Smoov's salary at 12m+ is too big for us to find a way to trade for him.  We just signed Jeff Green, but for 4 years 9m per.  I don't think any team looking to lose salary would take JG in return.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Much as I'd like to see Josh Smith in Boston, I don't see us trading AB to get him.  Also J-Smoov's salary at 12m+ is too big for us to find a way to trade for him.  We just signed Jeff Green, but for 4 years 9m per.  I don't think any team looking to lose salary would take JG in return.
This thread is really old man.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 985
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
This thread is really old man.
Ya, hate when that happens.  I see the thread at the top and think there's some new rumor.   ;D

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
pay josh smith $15mil or split that money on Bass & Green. It's a no brainer Bass & Green>Josh Smith

Empathic THIS.

Josh is a very good player. But he's going to cost to much. We have Bass and Green who's more than decent and fills up two positions for nearly the same amount Josh would command. We also have a very promising project in Sully so our PF spot could be set for the future.

Why give up our depth for a guy who yes is very good but would command too much money in the future?

No thanks.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace