Poll

Should we expand the lottery? (Voting locked on Fri, Oct 7, 5 PM PST

No. Keep it as is (bottom 5).
Yes, expand it to bottom 8.
Yes, expand it to bottom 10.
Yes, expand it to include all non-playoff teams.
We should do away with the lottery altogether.

Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! FBB H2H League: 2011-12 season: Draft on Wed, Oct 12, noon EST?  (Read 164520 times)

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2741
Edit: sorry, wrong thread somehow!

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I know the question was thrown out there a while ago, but i don't remember us really getting into it...

Have we decided how we would handle next year's draft if in fact this whole season gets cancelled?

Moreover - if the lockout did come to an end sometime in, say, January, would Yahoo! still hold an abbreviated fantasy season?  Any other issues that might need to be addressed? With some players committed overseas would you have to retain the players rights (and thus use a roster spot) if the lockout ended but your player decided to stick it out in Europe??

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I know the question was thrown out there a while ago, but i don't remember us really getting into it...

Have we decided how we would handle next year's draft if in fact this whole season gets cancelled?

Moreover - if the lockout did come to an end sometime in, say, January, would Yahoo! still hold an abbreviated fantasy season?  Any other issues that might need to be addressed? With some players committed overseas would you have to retain the players rights (and thus use a roster spot) if the lockout ended but your player decided to stick it out in Europe??

Good questions.

In the event of a full cancellation, perhaps we'll just take our cue from what the NBA decides to do about the 2012 rookie draft.

I can only assume there will be a shorted fantasy season if/when the NBA ends the lockout.

As for players playing overseas during the lockout, they should be treated like the others we've seen, like Rubio: you must devote a roster spot to any player whose rights you wish to retain.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
In the event of a full cancellation, perhaps we'll just take our cue from what the NBA decides to do about the 2012 rookie draft.

I think that's a good way to do it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2741

I think that's a good way to do it.

Yea, as fair or unfair the NBA's method of handling the draft will be if this happens, it's the best we can do imo to prevent any disagreements amongst ourselves. This would be potentially a big blow to the celtics as they may end up not getting the clippers pick in what may be the best draft in ages, so I really hope they manage to salvage the NBA season somehow.

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Happy to report that it appears that everyone has signed in to the Yahoo! league.

We are a go for tomorrow's draft, starting at noon EST/9 AM PST.

Because we're starting a new season, I'm going to ask that a mod lock this thread (but preserve it for posterity). I'm going to create a new thread shortly for the draft and all announcements to the upcoming season.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague