Author Topic: Jon Leuer, BBD replacement  (Read 4103 times)

Jon Leuer, BBD replacement
« on: June 17, 2011, 02:43:19 PM »

Offline Vino

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Its hard to get to excited about this draft. That being said my vote is for Jon Leuer. He has his limitations (like rebounding) but he can definitly stretch the floor with his perimiter game. Watch his highlights (and I know all players look good in highlights). He can shoot, has a decent handle, (he played guard in high school) and create some tough matchup problems against second teamers. Compared to BBD, he has more range and a similar negatives. Thoughts???

Re: Jon Leuer, BBD replacement
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Its hard to get to excited about this draft. That being said my vote is for Jon Leuer. He has his limitations (like rebounding) but he can definitly stretch the floor with his perimiter game. Watch his highlights (and I know all players look good in highlights). He can shoot, has a decent handle, (he played guard in high school) and create some tough matchup problems against second teamers. Compared to BBD, he has more range and a similar negatives. Thoughts???

I haven't seen him play, but I know he's a four-year senior from a good program, he's got legit size, and has a variety of skills.

I would be fine with getting him in the 2nd round, by buying a pick. At #25, I'd want someone a little more athletic with more upside (Tyler or JaJuan Johnson).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Ive been high on Leuer for awhile now and think the kid will be a great role player and a much better "BBD". And I agree with trying to get Tyler and then Leuer in the 2nd round. But with all this Reggie Jackson talk, I don't know what Ainge might do. But i like takin Tyler and then Leuer(buying a pick), and then takin David Lighty with our other 2nd round pick  ;D

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 03:52:14 PM »

Offline Vino

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Just a hunch, but I believe Tyler will be gone. He is surely worth a shot if still there @25. I like Leuer more than Johnson because of his ability to stretch the floor. He may not be as athletic, but opponents will not be able to cheat off of him as easily. Near 7 footers who have that range and ball skills are pretty rare.If we can get both (Tyler and Leuer) that would be my dream scenerio.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Just a hunch, but I believe Tyler will be gone. He is surely worth a shot if still there @25. I like Leuer more than Johnson because of his ability to stretch the floor. He may not be as athletic, but opponents will not be able to cheat off of him as easily. Near 7 footers who have that range and ball skills are pretty rare.If we can get both (Tyler and Leuer) that would be my dream scenerio.

Tyler can fall to us at 25. The question is would Leuer will be available lare 2nd. i like Leuer, he can shoot and is not afraid of physicality. He's taller than BBD, he can shoot, id like him as a replacement.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 04:17:42 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
i really like Leuuer's game think he will be a good role player in nba and a good back up for KG, similar size and range and he has good ball skills on the perimeter
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 09:35:54 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

Tyler can fall to us at 25. The question is would Leuer will be available lare 2nd. i like Leuer, he can shoot and is not afraid of physicality. He's taller than BBD, he can shoot, id like him as a replacement.

No Leuer will be gone by pick 40 I think.  Picking him at 25 isn't a stretch depending how the draft plays out.
do it

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jon-Leuer-5854/

The kid has an impressive skill set. And his agility and 3/4 court speed indicate he might be able to play some 3 spot witch would be great.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 12:06:11 PM »

Offline toneskeet

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7

No Leuer will be gone by pick 40 I think.  Picking him at 25 isn't a stretch depending how the draft plays out.

I'm sold, i think he's one of the few that can give us some contribution right away. I'd accept him at 25.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 03:33:23 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell

I'm sold, i think he's one of the few that can give us some contribution right away. I'd accept him at 25.

Oh I would definitely accept him at 25, depending on who is available.  If a guy like Marshon Brooks is there, I would much rather prefer him, but I'd have no issue with Leuer at 25 at all.
do it

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I'd take him on 25 too. He can contribute pretty much right away. He was coached by a great coach in college playing in a solid conference, there's no doubt he can translate his game in the Pro's with ease.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 04:52:07 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell

I'd take him on 25 too. He can contribute pretty much right away. He was coached by a great coach in college playing in a solid conference, there's no doubt he can translate his game in the Pro's with ease.

Right, the only issue is whether someone with more potential is going to be there.  I like Leuer, he's a nice player. I think he'll ultimately be a good 2nd big off the bench.  There's nothing wrong with picking that kind of player at 25 either.  The question is where does Danny think the Celtics are.  Does he think a Jon Leuer can come in, contribute right away and be a solid bench option for us? If he doesn't, Jeremy Tyler is probably a better selection.  I guess my feeling is, if Ainge has someone who he thinks can contribute right away and Rivers is going to play him right away, pick him.  If not, pick a guy like Jeremy Tyler, Davis Bertans, etc.  If we aren't going to play whoever we draft we might as well pick a guy with more potential, regardless if the risk is higher.
do it