Author Topic: Shaq may return Friday  (Read 4444 times)

Re: Shaq may return Friday
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 03:51:23 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
At some point we have to make a decision if he is worth a spot on the playoff roster, dont we?

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
After seeing him hobbling down the court and in pain in the runway, it's hard to believe the injury will be better by Friday. I don't think anyone expects Shaq to return to form throughout the playoffs, but at least we have some hope.  I'll take Shaq for 3 games per playoff series and be very happy.  And Jermaine actually looks pretty good. 

Nenad, Shaq and Jermaine -- for 40 minutes (Baby and KG can fill the rest).  Is that too much to ask?

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 04:23:27 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
So now we have three legit 7-footers out there. NICE!

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 04:25:11 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
At some point we have to make a decision if he is worth a spot on the playoff roster, dont we?

No, I'm pretty sure that the roster is the same as the regular season (15, dress 12).

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 04:40:11 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
With Murphy you have to give him time. He really hasn't played all year so he's rusty. P.J. Brown didn't exactly look hot when we first signed him either.

Made this point myself. Brown was a non factor in Atlanta and really started to show signs vs Cleveland. TP!

Still we didn't have the depth we had then. We basically used KG Perk and Brown with either Posey or Powe sprinkled in there at PF.

The fact he is behind KG, Baby, and likely Green at the PF and behind JO Nenad and Shaq (assuming he plays) and Baby at Center I doubt he contributes. He is not a center so something would have to happen to baby for him to contribute to a championship bc we all know if Kg goes down there is no title.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 04:40:40 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
That's great that Shaq should bounce back soon. The Krstic and Murphy news is good as well.

I hope the C's have the big bodies needed to flex their muscles against the Heat again.

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
After seeing him hobbling down the court and in pain in the runway, it's hard to believe the injury will be better by Friday. I don't think anyone expects Shaq to return to form throughout the playoffs, but at least we have some hope.  I'll take Shaq for 3 games per playoff series and be very happy.  And Jermaine actually looks pretty good. 

Nenad, Shaq and Jermaine -- for 40 minutes (Baby and KG can fill the rest).  Is that too much to ask?

Considering it was initially considered possible he could play on Tuesday, I don't see why Friday is that much of a stretch.

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 04:45:40 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119

No, I'm pretty sure that the roster is the same as the regular season (15, dress 12).

ah ok, I was thinking the playoffs were only a 12 man roster for some reason.  TP