Author Topic: Phil Jackson to the Heat next year (prediction).  (Read 4630 times)

Re: Phil Jackson to the Heat next year (prediction).
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 04:51:51 PM »

Offline diehard celtic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Anyway, Phil will either coach the Lakers, or he will retire - He's made that clear already. You can close this thread now.

Bro, who are you to come on here and say close this thread when you're not a Celtics fan, I don't how you guys act on the Laker forums but you respect people on this blog.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I honestly do not understand how anyone can compare Auerbach to Jackson. Auerbach drafted and built his teams. Jackson went where there was talent and won. How much of a role did Jackson have, for example, in Chris Wallace's handing Gasol to the Lakers? My guess, none. As I said, a good coach who for the past 20 years as only coached where the best players in the world play. Must be nice. I do think one key skill he has is being able to deal with all of the egos on teams with megastars, and in this day and age, that is a great coaching skill.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 01:35:24 PM »

Offline Celtics999

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 16
I know im new here but Im going to play DA here and tell you why Phil will not leave Los Angeles for the Miami Heat. 

"He is still banging Jeanie Buss.. the daughter of Jerry Buss." 

guys.  Why leave the possiblilty of inheriting a multi million dollar franchise to go win a measily little title in Miami?.  Its just not in his interest

as long as Phil and Jenaie are together the possibility of him coaching anywhere else is very slim.   

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:37:05 PM by Celtics999 »

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I honestly do not understand how anyone can compare Auerbach to Jackson. Auerbach drafted and built his teams. Jackson went where there was talent and won. How much of a role did Jackson have, for example, in Chris Wallace's handing Gasol to the Lakers? My guess, none. As I said, a good coach who for the past 20 years as only coached where the best players in the world play. Must be nice. I do think one key skill he has is being able to deal with all of the egos on teams with megastars, and in this day and age, that is a great coaching skill.

What is more impressive - winning repeatedly with a relatively stable group of guys you assembled yourself, or winning with different groups of guys over a much longer period, in an era where player turnover is substantially greater and players themselves are more difficult to manage?

The answer is not obvious to me.

As far as the "only coached where the best players in the world play" argument goes...I think Red had some pretty good players (10 Hall of Famers, including one of the few guys who can legitimately enter a GOAT conversation).

You do not have to like the man, but Phil Jackson's accomplishments speak for themselves.

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562

What is more impressive - winning repeatedly with a relatively stable group of guys you assembled yourself, or winning with different groups of guys over a much longer period, in an era where player turnover is substantially greater and players themselves are more difficult to manage?

The answer is not obvious to me.

As far as the "only coached where the best players in the world play" argument goes...I think Red had some pretty good players (10 Hall of Famers, including one of the few guys who can legitimately enter a GOAT conversation).

You do not have to like the man, but Phil Jackson's accomplishments speak for themselves.
he also took an expansion team to a title in its second year in the C.B.A.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 02:14:50 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
This is speculation, but it's also a strong gut feeling. Jerry Bus has said that, "This will be his last year with the Lakers" and "Can I see him coaching another team in the NBA? Yes.". We all know Phil likes to go to winning teams with the best players and with Kobe on the decline and the Heat having 2 of the top 3 players in the league why wouldn't Phil want to go if he indeed wants to continue to coach? I just have a gut feeling about this one, its a free country and he can do what he wants but that would be something else...kind of like how he left the Bulls to join a upcoming Kobe/Shaq duo.

TP.  This prediction is a wonderful dig at Phil Jackson.  I  love it.

Actually, maybe Phil will call it quits around the All Star break this year; say "he's done" (like Favre); ride his motorcycle around the country; be wooed back into coaching for the Heat this summer....
Celtics fan for life.