Author Topic: Which QBs struck you as most ready coming out of college?  (Read 4825 times)

Re: Which QBs struck you as most ready coming out of college?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 07:55:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1800
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Troy Smith is one guy I was pretty darn certain was going to be a guy who could adapt.
I disagree 100%

I get this disease with college QB's. Ever since the promise that was Tommy Frazier, the more people get down on an athletic QB and label him as a "system" guy despite winning, I start cheering for him.

I have always kept my eye on Troy Smith. I thought it was amazing that a guy that was thought to be a top pick in the draft could lose it all with one horrible game (against Florida in the championship). I couldn't believe he fell to the fifth round.

At the same token, I couldn't believe one game could make a player the first pick in the draft (Jamarcus Russell). I definitely had doubts about that guy and it's too bad his 'raw' talent couldn't ever come to fruition.

As for Troy, he still has a decent chance to succeed, albeit not as a top tier qb, but as a starter and his resume is a lot more proven than Russell's.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 08:09:59 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 167
Of the recent drafts, I was completely confident on Sam Bradford and he had an awesome rookie season.  No QB has looked more NFL ready to me.  Perfect height, good athlete, smart, pretty strong arm and very accurate.  And yes he had an injury but he is not injury prone.

Troy Smith is one guy I was pretty darn certain was going to be a guy who could adapt.

I thought he was one of the best college QB's I've ever seen.  I wasn't sure about his height and that was the big knock on him.  I think he could still have a good pro career, thought he was solid on the 49ers all things considered and certainly I would rather have him out there over Alex Smith. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him now.

Matt Leinart, Alex Smith, Jamarcus Russell, and Brady Quinn have not surprised me at all in their suckage.  Saw it coming.  I have to admit I thought Sanchez would be good though and though he has had his moments he sure has sucked lately.  Not sure how that will turn out.

i have bradford on my fantasy team.  i'm actually thinking about keeping him, depending on whether or not the rams get a go to wr.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 09:30:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm not very up on Terrell Pryor