Author Topic: Grizzlies (33-31) at Celtics (40-22) 3/10  (Read 45593 times)

Re: Grizzlies (33-31) at Celtics (40-22) 3/10
« Reply #270 on: March 10, 2010, 10:29:57 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
i know the shot like 57% but it honestly felt like 90.

I glanced at the box score late in the fourth quarter and honestly I expected the Grizzlies' field goal percentage to be 77%
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2010, 10:35:58 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Doc needs to read these lazy jackasses the riot act.  This uninspired play is for the birds.  Why I start caring about the games more than the players, time to move on.

Its not a lack of effort. Its a lack of execution. The players are mentally worn out. Doc's offense is anemic and the players know it.

« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2010, 10:40:51 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120

« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2010, 10:42:04 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
what i don't get is ........... exactly why are the Celts players so disinterested and unmotivated ?? are they just plain tired of playing the game ?

whay would they not care ? it's not like it's a team full of bad character guys. garnett's career has been based on his voracious appetite for playing the game with intensity. paul pierce, for all his struggles with immaaturity in years' past, has been, if nothing else, a warrior. ray allen is as professional as they come and i think perk is a very tough competitor.

the only two i question are rondo and wallace. maybe now that rondo has become maybe the best player in terms of being talented and coming into his prime, he has read too much of how great he is. he just oozes a certain lazy and unearned aarrogance to me - like he doesn't have to play hard if he doesn't want to.

and then there is rasheed wallace - he really has been a head case his entire career and i believe his basic nature is one of laziness and selfishness "the only opinion i care about is the people in my home" - meaning of course his wife and kids. it's not that i think wallace wants to sabotage the Celtics, not at all. it's just that he cannot overcome his basic nature, which other than a couple of seasons, has been his dominant personality theoughout his pro career.

this team was built as a grinder, which two seasons ago, they were so good at - but it's difficult to impossible to keep up that style of play successfully over several seasons.

Ditto !!

The lack of effort they put into the games is mind boggling. When will they finally come out an play a full 48 mins? We now have the full squad playing...and despite that so much lack of focus and effort.

They need to come out and set a good tempo for themselves....they either play with no energy at all...or give so much energy in getting double digit leads only to come out in the 2nd half and get gassed out.

There is loads of talent on this team....and I refuse to buy the whole age/injury excuse at this point. These guys have either just lost loads of confidence in themselves or have become so over confident that it's really going to end up hurting them bad. The Ccavs game is this weekend and I really hope these guys play some Celtic-basketball and show us fans to not count them out yet.

« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2010, 10:59:28 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
<div><object width="512" height="322"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/static.video.yahoo.com/yep/YV_YEP.swf?ver=2.2.46" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="AllowScriptAccess" VALUE="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashVars" value="id=12204368&vid=4557528&lang=en-us&intl=us&thumbUrl=http%3A//l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/videosearch/7547/80820533.jpeg&embed=1" /><embed src="http://d.yimg.com/static.video.yahoo.com/yep/YV_YEP.swf?ver=2.2.46" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="322" allowFullScreen="true" AllowScriptAccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" flashVars="id=12204368&vid=4557528&lang=en-us&intl=us&thumbUrl=http%3A//l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/videosearch/7547/80820533.jpeg&embed=1" ></embed></object>
Death Star Explosion @ <a href="http://video.yahoo.com" >Yahoo! Video[/url]</div>
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #275 on: March 11, 2010, 01:47:37 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Why Doc Rivers is still coaching this team is a complete mystery to me.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2010, 05:18:59 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game. Pathetic. Awful. Shameful. You name it.

This team is seriously disgusting, I was hoping for the best everytime and thought they could get their heads up but it looks like they will never "get it". They always talk about the need to be dominant at home, the need to play better, the need to start games better, etc, but they just talk and don't follow their words.

This loss was an humiliation and yet they started to show some energy in the third when they get as "close" as 14. This team always seems to get really focused when they are down big but comebacks are an exception, not the norm.

I blame the starters for coming without any kind of energy. Ray was the only player aggressive out there, KG looked scared of going into the paint (he passed a shot against the rookie Thabeet!!), Pierce went one on one once again, making passes when he was forced to, Perk was average, and Rondo always gambled on his man, leading to easy penetrations, buckets or drive and dish.

I liked what I saw from the 2nd unit, they all played with energy (even Sheed, good game), and they played with heart.

But of course Doc is still coaching this team so you can be sure his substitutions patterns will kill any kind of momentum there could be for the C's.

In the first quarter, the starters are not getting any stop and most importantly, not making any shots, although everyone has touched the ball. So, when you have instant offense on your bench with Nate, Marquis and Sheed, what do you do when you team badly need to score in order to prevent going down from a big deficit for the rest of the game? If you're a normal coach, you immediately put your instanf offense off the bench in the game. But if you're Doc Rivers, you patiently wait until the 5 minute mark or around in the first to make your substitutions because, hey, that's what you planned before the game and done all year!!!

And when Dickerson said at the start of the 3rd that Doc stated that he would "quickly" bring the 2nd unit in the game if the starters were not getting it done, I laughed hard because I knew he wouldn't do it. Of course, the starters went on mini-runs, getting to 14 points deficit but just to give up back to 20 minutes after. And of course, Doc didn't put the 2nd unit in the game before the 5 mark or around in the third.

The blame is mostly on the starters but Doc is a big culprit too. He can't (or doesn't want to) adjust and his substitution patterns have been killing this team for months.

By the way, the team just blew up the mini break they got on Atlanta for the third by losing two very winnable games and now they've regressed once again after a mini- "ray of hope" streak of 4 wins.

Last night, the C's got dismantled by a young, hungry and focused team that came here to take care of business. This was the 54040 "wake-up call" of the season, but I think it's now too late.

I'm so sick of this team, seriously, I never thought I would say this again but these players are really starting to rub me off the wrong way by talking about what they should do and never do it, or just do it for some games to get back to their pathetic ways shortly after.