Author Topic: The Pick Two Draft Thread  (Read 479175 times)

Re: The Pick Two Draft Thread
« Reply #2775 on: April 09, 2010, 02:17:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
How the Pacers made the playoffs in this sim is a mystery for the ages. Like what happens after you die, was Christ really a god and how is it really possible for Roy Hobbs to have 10000 more posts than the next poster on CelticsBlog.

What was even stranger was how the knicks didnt go 82-0!

Maybe we should cross the Brooklyn bridge and get over it???

Oh come on Slugger, it was a joke.

Besides, let's be realistic.

You don't find it a bit strange that your Pacers, with the third lowest efficiency rating in the game got a 4th seed?

You don't find it strange that your team, a team consisting of 4 PGs, 4PFs and 2 centers made it into the playoffs over a team that had a starting five of Baron Davis, Arron Afflalo, Lebron James, Anderson Varejao, and Channing Frye? Afflalo, LeBron and Varejao are three of the best defensive players in the league at their positions!! We are talking a team with LeBron and real support players!!!

Hey, the sim did some strange things, a lot of people have admitted as such. Your team benefited from some of that strangeness, that's all.
I attribute to that fantastic trade he made for Odom during the draft!  ;)
Everyone but me had their doubts but look how it paid off.
LOL

« Reply #2776 on: April 11, 2010, 02:39:29 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
when will the next update be, i want to see the spurs dominate int he second round :).

« Reply #2777 on: April 11, 2010, 03:02:22 AM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
when will the next update be, i want to see the spurs dominate int he second round :).

Hey guys I'm going to put sim results up tomm....and then not sure when I will be doing them but I will continue doing them...I just got a full time job and I live on the west coast so when I do them it wont be till late at nigth east coast time but I will send a message everytime I put results up

Enjoy!!!!

-riah32
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #2778 on: April 11, 2010, 12:21:36 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Hey guys I'm going to put sim results up tomm....and then not sure when I will be doing them but I will continue doing them...I just got a full time job and I live on the west coast so when I do them it wont be till late at nigth east coast time but I will send a message everytime I put results up

Enjoy!!!!

-riah32

Looking foward to it
thanks

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2779 on: April 11, 2010, 04:30:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Enjoy!!!!

-riah32

Take your time, riah.  We all know this isn't an obligation, and we all appreciate the hard work you're putting into it.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2780 on: April 12, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Enjoy!!!!

-riah32
No problem -- gives me that much more time to savor Utah's rise from the dead against the Suns for a tremendous come-from-behind series win ::)

« Reply #2781 on: April 12, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
How the Pacers made the playoffs in this sim is a mystery for the ages. Like what happens after you die, was Christ really a god and how is it really possible for Roy Hobbs to have 10000 more posts than the next poster on CelticsBlog.

You don't find it a bit strange that your Pacers, with the third lowest efficiency rating in the game got a 4th seed?

You don't find it strange that your team, a team consisting of 4 PGs, 4PFs and 2 centers made it into the playoffs over a team that had a starting five of Baron Davis, Arron Afflalo, Lebron James, Anderson Varejao, and Channing Frye? Afflalo, LeBron and Varejao are three of the best defensive players in the league at their positions!! We are talking a team with LeBron and real support players!!!

Hey, the sim did some strange things, a lot of people have admitted as such. Your team benefited from some of that strangeness, that's all.
For you, can we stop pretending that was an even trade already?

« Reply #2782 on: April 12, 2010, 09:08:35 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Enjoy!!!!

-riah32

Take your time, riah.  We all know this isn't an obligation, and we all appreciate the hard work you're putting into it.
Seconded, great work putting this all together for us.

« Reply #2783 on: April 12, 2010, 03:22:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

For you, can we stop pretending that was an even trade already?
How so?  Indy is the 4th seed in the East while Utah is the 5th seed in the West.  The trade worked out evenly I think.  I'd have had no qualms about not making it.  Keeping Odom and that pick would have changed my draft plans where I would have picked a more reliable center than Hibbert.  One where I wouldn't have felt the "need for Sheed" as the primary big man backup off the bench.  I might even be doing better in the playoffs had I gone with my original plans and not made the trade.