Author Topic: Shaun Livingston anyone?  (Read 2239 times)

Shaun Livingston anyone?
« on: December 22, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »

Offline wonder725

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
I hear he just got waived by OKC. Seems like a good pickup whose been playing pretty well. Fills our need at backup pointguard pretty well. Even if he won't contribute right away wouldn't he be a good investment for the future?

Re: Shaun Livingston anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 08:44:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
I hear he just got waived by OKC. Seems like a good pickup whose been playing pretty well. Fills our need at backup pointguard pretty well. Even if he won't contribute right away wouldn't he be a good investment for the future?

ainge has always liked livingston. but with his injuries i am not sure the celtics will try for him.

does anyone know how much the injuries are affecting his play?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 08:50:11 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I think Ainge/Doc like Lester Hudson more.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:23:36 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think his career is finished.  He really wasn't very good in OKC; he was averaging 2.8 points and 3.6 assists per 36 minutes, and was shooting 31.3% from the field.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 10:03:28 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
easy pass

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 10:08:50 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Too bad, his height made him an interesting player.  I remember seeing that injury though, and boy was it ugly.  Truly one of those replays I would have been better off not seeing.  Knee caps aren't supposed to look like that.

I feel bad for him, maybe he'll figure it out overseas and be back in the NBA someday.  Good luck.

I can't see the Celtics picking up any waived players unless its truly someone they can't pass on.  Livingston doesn't fit that criteria.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 10:32:32 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I wonder if Jonathan Bender called Ainge at all, or if he immediately called a team that he could get minutes and chuck up shots...NYC yuk. But So far so good, and he could have backed up both KG and Pierce 
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 02:09:55 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Atually, if Livingston could play 10 minutes/game behind Rondo, he's long enough to pair with House in the backcourt...might not be bad. 

Does he have 10 minutes/night in him?

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 02:15:08 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Not at all ... I doubt he has an NBA career in his future, and I don't want the Celtics being the team rolling those very big dice ... no thanks, way too big a gamble.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 02:34:24 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I think his career is finished.  He really wasn't very good in OKC; he was averaging 2.8 points and 3.6 assists per 36 minutes, and was shooting 31.3% from the field.

Wow...that's...really, really awful.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 12:38:03 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Living in OKC, I have seen him play quite a bit.  He is done.  Decent gamble by the Der to sign him, but they lost.  He doesn't have the explosiveness that he once had, and he is playing extremely timid.  Maybe a change of scenery where there is less need for him to shine would be good (Similar to Sheldon).  Might be a decent stopgap until we get Marquis back.

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 12:51:24 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
It would have been interesting to see how good this guy would have been had he not gotten hurt.  I initially thought he was a superstar in the making, but he really didn't improve at all in the years prior to the injury.  Now he's just done.  All he has to do is get a little bit chubby and he's Penny Hardaway.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It would have been interesting to see how good this guy would have been had he not gotten hurt.  I initially thought he was a superstar in the making, but he really didn't improve at all in the years prior to the injury.  Now he's just done.  All he has to do is get a little bit chubby and he's Penny Hardaway.

Remember when people were throwing out Livingston's name in trade rumors for Pierce, and folks were saying the Clippers would turn the deal down?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 01:21:57 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442

Remember when people were throwing out Livingston's name in trade rumors for Pierce, and folks were saying the Clippers would turn the deal down?
Yep, amazing in hindsite.  He was going to be the next Magic Johnson.  Glad we didn't make that deal.  There were also Pierce rumors for Chris Paul.  That could have been interesting.