Author Topic: Nets: Franchise with a Bright Future?  (Read 6655 times)

Re: Nets: Franchise with a Bright Future?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2009, 04:29:47 PM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
I'm not crazy about predicting which free agents teams will land and making out the lineup... But they have a nice little nucleus of Harris and Lopez, a lot of cap space, and a lottery pick in the next draft.  They have the potential to have a totally different excellent team next year- like The C's a couple years ago.

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2009, 05:09:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Clippers vs Nets

(1) PG -- Baron Davis vs Devin Harris
(2) Top Big -- Blake Griffin vs Brook Lopez
(3) Other -- Chris Kaman vs high lottery pick
(4) Top Wing -- Eric Gordon vs Terrence Williams/Courtney Lee

Which team offers the better situation for a marquee free agent?
I was looking at the Clippers cap situation in more detail today ... and the don't have enough cap space to sign a max contract free agent. They have $43-44 million in salaries heading into the offseason.

The Clippers would have to dump one of Baron Davis or Chris Kaman in order to create enough cap space to sign a max contract free agent.

Ah, things are starting to get too complicated for the Clippers to get them right. Ah well!

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2009, 05:21:21 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm not sure. The only guys I like in their roster are Courtney Lee (quality starter), Brook Lopez (possible All-Star, but not a franchise player) and Terrence Williams' potential. Harris is a good player, but not a good PG; Yi is garbage; Boone is a journeyman; CDR is a future 6th/7th man at best. If they use the cap-space wisely and draft well, sure, but that's not a given.