Author Topic: Turkododo  (Read 3509 times)

Re: Turkododo
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
sheed said what most people already think.  let flopping remain on the soccer field where is it the norm.  sheed will get fined, but he probably knew that ahead of time.  he is speaking from the heart, which i respect immensely. 
Well, someone should tell this to Pierce and Rondo, I guess. Flopping is not limited to flying out of bounds on a charge. Pierce and Rondo routinely try to sell minimal contact when dribbling around the three-point line in a way in which you'd think someone is trying to take their heads off with a rusty pickaxe.

it goes for everyone, even celtics players.  i detest the wimpy flopping you see every game.  i look to the refs as the problem.  if they dont get rewarded for flopping, they would stop bc they would not only be taken out of the play, but they would be wasting their time.

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 09:46:28 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
sheed said what most people already think.  let flopping remain on the soccer field where is it the norm.  sheed will get fined, but he probably knew that ahead of time.  he is speaking from the heart, which i respect immensely. 
Well, someone should tell this to Pierce and Rondo, I guess. Flopping is not limited to flying out of bounds on a charge. Pierce and Rondo routinely try to sell minimal contact when dribbling around the three-point line in a way in which you'd think someone is trying to take their heads off with a rusty pickaxe.

it goes for everyone, even celtics players.  i detest the wimpy flopping you see every game.  i look to the refs as the problem.  if they dont get rewarded for flopping, they would stop bc they would not only be taken out of the play, but they would be wasting their time.

Pardon my green tinted shades but we don't really have any serial floppers on our team. I could see Rondo flopping every once in a while but that's it. Pierce takes alot of charges but actually absorbs alot of contact.

What has always been crazy to me is that a guy has to fall down for it to be a charge. For example, by definition, Perk probably takes like 10 charges a game, but no one is knocking that man down, so I am willing to bet he has never taken a charge...ever. This is what happens when flopping infiltrates the league. You need it as a big man to get a charge call. Vlade da di Divac was the best at it (he was and still is my least favorite player of all time...his whole game makes me puke).

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 09:48:57 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Pardon my green tinted shades but we don't really have any serial floppers on our team. I could see Rondo flopping every once in a while but that's it. Pierce takes alot of charges but actually absorbs alot of contact.

What has always been crazy to me is that a guy has to fall down for it to be a charge. For example, by definition, Perk probably takes like 10 charges a game, but no one is knocking that man down, so I am willing to bet he has never taken a charge...ever. This is what happens when flopping infiltrates the league. You need it as a big man to get a charge call. Vlade da di Divac was the best at it (he was and still is my least favorite player of all time...his whole game makes me puke).

i didnt say we had any!  i was responding to koz's post in which HE claimed pierce and rondo flop.  i said it goes for everyone, meaning i hate all flopping, whether it is occasional or habitual

Sheed going off on "Flopping"
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 10:15:34 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Its good to know Rasheed hasn't changed  ::).

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 10:43:32 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

i didnt say we had any!  i was responding to koz's post in which HE claimed pierce and rondo flop.  i said it goes for everyone, meaning i hate all flopping, whether it is occasional or habitual

Ahhh...gotcha. Missed that.

Just to add to this discussion about SHeed's quote. The part about taunting after the dunk. I love the tenacity and competitiveness that Pierce showed on that play. The new buddy buddy NBA really gets to me sometimes. Lebron would have helped Bosh up on that play. Imagine if MJ got techs after his dunks? It really is getting rediculous. What's wrong with completely embarassing your opponent?

How about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_GxVH7dWr8

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
How about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_GxVH7dWr8

Ha TP. This dunk never gets. The double point was just classic.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 12:00:59 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i forget how good kemp was. if he could have finished his career out in shape he would have been a great.