Who would you rather see play again? Favre or Vick

Favre
7 (16.7%)
Vick
31 (73.8%)
Dante Stallworth
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Who would you rather see play again?  (Read 6745 times)

Re: Who would you rather see play again?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
How come Corey Feldman is not on this list?

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 06:03:28 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Vick.  He still has something left in the tank and isn't pretending that he's coming back for the love of the game ala the narcissist.

Stallworth hasn't shown much lately...Favre has shown less.

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 07:13:33 PM »

Offline BoundingRounder

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • "Angels fly 'cause they take themselves lightly"
None of the above!... ::)
"I am shocked to discover that over 90% of our imports come from outside America!."  George Bush

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
It looks like Vick is the overwhelming favorite here, so I guess the Question has to be Stallworth or Favre.  And I think its saying something since Stallworth killed a guy and Im still not sure.

**Not condoning Drinking and Driving but he has owned up to everything and really taken his punishment like a man, even thoughI believe his punishment should have been far greater. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 06:18:18 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
It looks like Vick is the overwhelming favorite here, so I guess the Question has to be Stallworth or Favre.  And I think its saying something since Stallworth killed a guy and Im still not sure.

**Not condoning Drinking and Driving but he has owned up to everything and really taken his punishment like a man, even thoughI believe his punishment should have been far greater. 

It'd be easy to argue that both Vick and Stallworth deserved stiffer sentences....They do.  But they're out and once they've served their suspensions, they should be allowed to compete for a job anywhere they're qualified.

We, on the other hand, are the true victims in this survey.  We get subjected to another long season of narcissism squared.  Viking fans get to be subjected to the NFL's preeminent drama queen putting his team in a hole 4 out of 5 games.....Then somehow managing not to throw a game ending interception in one of those 5 games....Then having the media having collective orgasms declaring the narcissist the greatest clutch player in sports history.

Gag me with a spoon.

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 06:37:03 PM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26

But Favre killed himself. For the last 5 years of his stay in Green Bay he alienated the fans by saying that he might retire/this will probably be his last year. Then he retires and goes to the Jets, only to retire again. After all that he un-retires and signs with a division opponent of the Packers, basically telling Green Bay to go "suck it". All of this is surely hard on his family, one that has endured so much. Every year they wait to see if their dad/husband will retire, in addition to moving them all over the country... Also I am just plain tired of him. He lived off of having a few really good seasons and playing forever to make him "one of the greats".

The Stallworth debacle is stupid too. He got off way too easy. Still, I think he made one big mistake instead of making a slew of them over the course of a decade (Favre).

Vick paid his dues. He got a sentence he deserved, with no complaining on his part. He obviously has plenty left in the tank (as does Stallworth), a chip on his shoulder and an image that can be repaired to an extent by playing hard.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:42:09 PM by budMovin »
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator