Author Topic: Reggie Lewis Blocks Michael Jordan 4 times in same game...  (Read 8096 times)

Re: Reggie Lewis Blocks Michael Jordan 4 times in same game...
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 06:42:59 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Think about all the players that failed here becuase they were drafted to be "the man"

If we had Reggie to be the man and early picks to play more of a 2nd or 3rd in command... think of what our team could be.

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
Think about all the players that failed here becuase they were drafted to be "the man"

If we had Reggie to be the man and early picks to play more of a 2nd or 3rd in command... think of what our team could be.

The pressure that was put on the franchise because of the two deaths really tore the team apart---Moves were made out of desperation just to try to stay with the rest of the league...really heartbreaking---So glad that Danny Ainge was put in charge--he knew the only way to rebuild was to acquire chips and turn them into legitimate players.

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 10:08:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
I saw this game too. I thought it was only twice ( 4 wow!) he played him very well and it would have been a great match up for years. Very sad.

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 03:49:06 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
It brings tears to my eyes watching that clip. When the crowd erupts after Reggie's 3 point shot its just awesome. Reggie was the first NBA player I ever got to meet face to face in real life.

There is a really nice memorial of Reggie in Dorchester on the corner or of Bowdoin and Hamilton you can see it on google street.
Just went and visited the memorial today. It was very well done.
UBUNTU

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 03:53:26 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I know some won't believe me, but I was actually at this game. Easter Sunday 1991. We sat in the front row of the balcony right behind the basket - that steep and high level where the 100-something steps down to the front were tiny - like a foot long - and you thought for sure (at least as a kid) that you or somebody else was gonna slip and come flying down the stairs.

The Celtics were shooting at the basket we were above in the fourth, and I remember Reggie hitting that 3, and I'm positive Jordan hit what would have been a game winner on the other end but they waved it off as being too late. Although that may have been in overtime. To be honest, I don't remember how many overtimes there were, I just remember it was an amazing game the Celtics won, and it stuck out especially because it was Easter Sunday.

It never occurred to me, probably because I was there without the benefit of announcers telling us the pertinent stuff (and I was 10), that Reggie had blocked Jordan 4 times. Now that I know I was at the game, I just feel blessed. At the time, I just knew it was the best Celtics game I ever went to (just ahead of Game 1 of the 91 Playoff series against Indiana, when the Pacers were winning in the second half and you could hear Chuck Person talking trash to Larry Bird up in Section 99 - corner next to the organ where we usually got tickets - then Bird started talking and the Celtics took over in the 4th quarter behind Bird's triple double).

TP for the link and the memories.
TP for the story.  Wow.  Good stuff.

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 03:49:58 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Reggie used to lead the lead in blocks by 2guards every year. His timing was so great. Not to put him in Reggie's category now or anything but I think Giddens could someday be just as good at that.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...