Author Topic: Rasheed blasts the refs / Celtics alleged flopping (merged)  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Cajun Celtic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I couldn't find all that he said, but it was filled with expletives. He'll be fined for saying what he did.

Rasheed Wallace picked up a technical with 5:18 left in the game. It was his sixth of the postseason, and his next earns him a one-game suspension. He criticized the officials afterward in an expletive-filled tirade, saying, "A lot of those foul calls, cats were flopping and falling all over the floor."

Re: Rasheed blasts the refs / Celtics alleged flopping (merged)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 01:38:43 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
I couldn't find all that he said, but it was filled with expletives. He'll be fined for saying what he did.

Rasheed Wallace picked up a technical with 5:18 left in the game. It was his sixth of the postseason, and his next earns him a one-game suspension. He criticized the officials afterward in an expletive-filled tirade, saying, "A lot of those foul calls, cats were flopping and falling all over the floor."

Rasheed must be talking about a few of his teammates. Rasheed should not throw his teammates under the bus. We all know how players like Chauncey and Rip play.  ;D

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 01:44:38 AM »

Offline Cajun Celtic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Here's Rasheed's quotes on the flopping the Cs were doing.  ::)

"All that bull(bleep)-ass calls they had out there. With Mike [Callahan] and Kenny [Mauer] -- you've all seen that (bleep). You saw them calls. The cats are flopping all over the floor and they're calling that (bleep). That (bleep) ain't basketball out there. It's all (bleeping) entertainment. You all should know that (bleep). It's all (bleeping) entertainment."

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 01:46:53 AM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Sheed is a funny guy... His teammates flop around all the time... Rip fouls lot of time and most of times he is not called on the foul and Sheed dares to criticize refs... come on Sheed...

NF.
#18 is coming...

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 04:09:08 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Now i havnt watched the game as of yet! but i just read an article on ESPN.com regarding Sterns new "Flopping Rule" (witch is about time, such a rule was enforced)

While reading it though to look for any indication of what amount set fines would be, i was actualy amused to see a qoute from Rasheed Wallace in there taken right after Game5

Here's the snippet from the article

Detroit's Rasheed Wallace, a player who has 15 technicals this season and has been suspended in the past for being over the limit for technicals, gave his opinion of floppers after the Pistons' 106-102 loss to the Boston Celtics in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals on Wednesday.

"All that bull(bleep)-ass calls they had out there. With Mike [Callahan] and Kenny [Mauer] -- you've all seen that (bleep). You saw them calls. The cats are flopping all over the floor and they're calling that (bleep). That (bleep) ain't basketball out there. It's all (bleeping) entertainment. You all should know that (bleep). It's all (bleeping) entertainment."

Now i know Rasheed sometimes looses his head in interviews and when given the ball starts rolling with it, regardless of being truthfull or not to do some much needet venting of frustation.

So before i go watch the game in a few hours, i wanted to ask if Sheed has any truth to what he said in that qoute? or is this becomming so big a problem, that flopping has become the prime excuse even for athletes?

./Dybdal
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 05:55:39 AM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Thats ridiculous.  He needs to look at Rip Hamilton, who is quickly becoming the East's version of Manu Ginobili.  Hamilton fouls on almost every possession on both ends of the floor and then complains every time something is called.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 06:35:40 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea, sheed is aware that his teammate routinely gets called out by ESPN, a network where players can do no wrong, for flopping right? JVG and jackson were all over rip for 2 flops just last night.

not only that, they shot 10 more FT's than us, and they intentionally fouled us twice.

nice to see Sheed cracking though. and while i disagree about the particular game, i can't help but agree with him on a league wide basis.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 07:40:57 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Pot calling the kettle black right there
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
Pot calling the kettle black right there

as far as credability goes, sheed is up there with joey porter. trust me, i do not mean that as a compliment.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"