Author Topic: Congress Is Broken  (Read 21377 times)

Re: Congress Is Broken
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2022, 09:27:42 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -26125
  • Once A CrotoNat, Always A CrotoNat
He said he would unite the country. Great job....NOT.

Is it really possible for any president to unite the country in this day and age? Even if Biden morphed into a centrist, FOX News and Republican attack ads would still blast him daily and paint him as a communist.
The point being, if you missed it, is he's divided, instead of unifying, this country more than it's ever been in our lifetime.

What has he done specifically to inflame these divisions?
I can't believe this is serious question but ok:
1) He called half the country "akin to Jim Crow". Totally false and unfair and DIVISIVE because he was talking about Trump voters and Republicans in general.
2) Pandemic of the unvaccinated comment. Ummm, Ok, and then the Delta variant hit and EVERYONE got it. Even the triple vaxed that "would not get covid" got it.
There's more but I won't play this game if people aren't paying attention. That is on y'all. These were huge statements from him. How can one not remember he said these things?

Well, at least he didn't call them bitter clingers obsessed with guns and religion, or a basket of deplorables.  Nor did he threaten any Supreme Court justices, calling them out by name and saying they'll reap the whirlwind.  ;)

So, maybe we're moving in the right direction after all.

But seriously, Biden is dividing the country, but is he dividing it more than Trump would have in his place?  I don't think either care much for unity, and both have in fact exploited divisions.  But, my personal opinion is that Trump was as active a divider as we've seen.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 09:40:28 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2022, 09:57:07 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 86
  • International Superstar
That's more or less my point. I think it's difficult to say that one is worse than the other, although the degradation of the national discourse is pretty clear.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2022, 11:29:22 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 445
He said he would unite the country. Great job....NOT.

Is it really possible for any president to unite the country in this day and age? Even if Biden morphed into a centrist, FOX News and Republican attack ads would still blast him daily and paint him as a communist.
The point being, if you missed it, is he's divided, instead of unifying, this country more than it's ever been in our lifetime.

What has he done specifically to inflame these divisions?
I can't believe this is serious question but ok:
1) He called half the country "akin to Jim Crow". Totally false and unfair and DIVISIVE because he was talking about Trump voters and Republicans in general.
2) Pandemic of the unvaccinated comment. Ummm, Ok, and then the Delta variant hit and EVERYONE got it. Even the triple vaxed that "would not get covid" got it.
There's more but I won't play this game if people aren't paying attention. That is on y'all. These were huge statements from him. How can one not remember he said these things?

Well, at least he didn't call them bitter clingers obsessed with guns and religion, or a basket of deplorables.  Nor did he threaten any Supreme Court justices, calling them out by name and saying they'll reap the whirlwind.  ;)

So, maybe we're moving in the right direction after all.

But seriously, Biden is dividing the country, but is he dividing it more than Trump would have in his place?  I don't think either care much for unity, and both have in fact exploited divisions.  But, my personal opinion is that Trump was as active a divider as we've seen.

Trump never really went after your basic liberal though.  Can anyone here quote something of his where they felt he was accusing them of essentially being evil at their core? Biden just called trump supporters the most dangerous group in our history. Yeah Trump said some foolish things, but I don't recall him going after the little guy in the way that Biden has. He always took the hammer to the MSM, elites and other politicians. Biden has demonized Trump supporters. This isn't new, the left has been doing this to the right for decades. Don't follow along and your a Nazi yadda yadda. Biden is just the first president to be overly blunt about it.

I think a lot of people say Trump was decisive based on the lies told by the MSM. The "fine people" line was woefully taken out of context, yet the left ran with it as if he said skin heads were good people. He never said that. Then you have the fake stories about him making poor taste comments about the WW2 soldiers of our buried in France. All these anonymous sources that would leak what they "heard" and then CNN and the like ran with it.

Trump had faults in some of his policy decisions, but pearls that were clutched for four years(not saying you're guilty of this Roy) were largely do to a journalist hit job.

« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2022, 10:03:00 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 85
Hello! We’re talking about facts of Biden’s current disaster and Trump’s hypothetical? Even you Roy are a big disappointment even thou you’re  a perineal all star poster. You on the bench this year tho.
You all can’t take criticism without bringing up Trump. This disaster is Biden made and his parties. There is no argument here and it’s not Trump made and I guarantee it wouldn’t be like this under him. How can it be worse? Impossible! But how do I know for sure right. Well I don’t but there’s things I do as they’re in our faces. I see them every day. What will it take to say this ain’t right. WTH is wrong with the leftists. Liberals as I knew them are dead!!