Poll

Has this team flipped the switch?

Yes
41 (62.1%)
No
25 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Have the Celtics flipped the switch? (Poll)  (Read 11152 times)

Re: Have the Celtics flipped the switch? (Poll)
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2019, 09:26:20 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
Nope.  Playing a clearly inferior and overmatched opponent, yet are very lucky to be not be down 3 games instead of up 3 games.  They play like this against Milwaukee they will get swept.

We really outplayed them game 1. You have to give them credit for that. We won that game going away and were not “lucky”
Boston shot 36% from the field, lost the turnover battle, and won the game though.  They were downright terrible offensively.  Played very well on defense, but again they are playing a clearly inferior opponent with no one capable of really generating offense.  If they play like they did in game 1 against the Bucks they will get blown out of the stadium.  Indiana gave game 2 away.  And while Boston was awesome in the 1st quarter of game 3, it played pretty mediocre basketball the rest of that game and it was a 2 point game with about 4 minutes left.  Without that incredible hot shooting start, Indiana wins game 3. 

Some times it takes luck to win, especially in the playoffs, and Boston's luck is playing the Pacers as they just aren't very good.  Boston, though except for some very brief stretches has by and large played poor to mediocre basketball.  the Pacers are just worse.  Some of that is Boston's defense, but a very large portion of that is Indiana just isn't a very good team without Oladipo (they were well below .500 in the regular season once he went down). 

I maintain my statement, if Boston plays like they have been, they will get swept by Milwaukee.  I'd like to think Boston will play better, but they haven't really shown the ability to play better for full games.  Maybe they figure some things out for game 4.

If they can blowout the Pacers in Game 4 by 20-30 point margin, then I'll be confident for the next series. Otherwise, the Celtics are what they are all season long.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2019, 09:31:19 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Nope.  Playing a clearly inferior and overmatched opponent, yet are very lucky to be not be down 3 games instead of up 3 games.  They play like this against Milwaukee they will get swept.

“Very lucky to be not down 3” is classic you.

As an aside, why is that you never use the terms “we” or “us”? Obviously you aren’t on the team, but often times  fandom sneaks in and allows certain words to sneak out. Miraculously you don’t seem to have that problem.

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2019, 09:32:46 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Edit

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2019, 11:05:18 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562

“Very lucky to be not down 3” is classic you.

As an aside, why is that you never use the terms “we” or “us”? Obviously you aren’t on the team, but often times  fandom sneaks in and allows certain words to sneak out. Miraculously you don’t seem to have that problem.
I'm not on the team.  I don't work for the team.  I don't play the games.  I merely watch them.  Do that with all teams I support, whether professional, college, or lower levels.  I don't pretend that I have anything to do with the outcome and thus it isn't me.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2019, 01:22:02 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
They've gotten it done in crunch time but have had several dud stretches that Indiana has exploited but not well enough.

It's a good sign that we're winning but flipping the switch would mean dominating a team of their caliber and we're not doing that.

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2019, 01:38:08 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

They've gotten it done in crunch time but have had several dud stretches that Indiana has exploited but not well enough.

It's a good sign that we're winning but flipping the switch would mean dominating a team of their caliber and we're not doing that.

Omg EXACTLY what I was trying to say. There is no “switch” for the Celtics. They are who they are, just an above average team. Let’s call a spade a spade.

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2019, 01:43:39 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Seeesssh only on Celticsblog the Celtics can be up 3-0 and the place is still negative.

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2019, 01:46:33 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Seeesssh only on Celticsblog the Celtics can be up 3-0 and the place is still negative.

Because we know they are capable of better basketball and the way they are playing won’t get us a championship.

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2019, 02:50:44 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Because we know they are capable of better basketball and the way they are playing won’t get us a championship.

And they have been playing better Basketball, a lot of those wins would've been losses in the regular season.

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2019, 04:13:53 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 575
To be honest, I think being down one rotation guy help helps in some ways. Not saying that the Celtics are a better team without Marcus Smart, but without him everybody's minutes sort of fall into place. You get Kyrie in the high thirties.  Tatum, Brown, Horford mid thirties. Hayward low thirties. Then Baynes, Morris, Rozier in the twenties.

I don't thin they've flipped a switch, because I don't believe thats a thing. I do believe however that this teams has had 1 too many guys all year, that being down one may help them, and that their style of play and overall versatility plus the ability to game plan and the coaching advantage they have is better suited to the playoffs.

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2019, 04:33:40 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
They are playing a team without their star player. They should be winning. So I don’t think it’s a switch. What kind of series would it be with their star playing?  My feeling is it would be a real battle and either 2-1 or 1-2 at this point.   

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2019, 05:11:25 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398

We really outplayed them game 1. You have to give them credit for that. We won that game going away and were not “lucky”
Boston shot 36% from the field, lost the turnover battle, and won the game though.  They were downright terrible offensively.  Played very well on defense, but again they are playing a clearly inferior opponent with no one capable of really generating offense.  If they play like they did in game 1 against the Bucks they will get blown out of the stadium.  Indiana gave game 2 away.  And while Boston was awesome in the 1st quarter of game 3, it played pretty mediocre basketball the rest of that game and it was a 2 point game with about 4 minutes left.  Without that incredible hot shooting start, Indiana wins game 3. 

Some times it takes luck to win, especially in the playoffs, and Boston's luck is playing the Pacers as they just aren't very good.  Boston, though except for some very brief stretches has by and large played poor to mediocre basketball.  the Pacers are just worse.  Some of that is Boston's defense, but a very large portion of that is Indiana just isn't a very good team without Oladipo (they were well below .500 in the regular season once he went down). 

I maintain my statement, if Boston plays like they have been, they will get swept by Milwaukee.  I'd like to think Boston will play better, but they haven't really shown the ability to play better for full games.  Maybe they figure some things out for game 4.

You honestly seem miserable man. Happy Easter and a tommy point

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2019, 05:34:41 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
To be honest, I think being down one rotation guy help helps in some ways. Not saying that the Celtics are a better team without Marcus Smart, but without him everybody's minutes sort of fall into place. You get Kyrie in the high thirties.  Tatum, Brown, Horford mid thirties. Hayward low thirties. Then Baynes, Morris, Rozier in the twenties.

I don't thin they've flipped a switch, because I don't believe thats a thing. I do believe however that this teams has had 1 too many guys all year, that being down one may help them, and that their style of play and overall versatility plus the ability to game plan and the coaching advantage they have is better suited to the playoffs.

If it was Rozier, Morris or both who were unavailable I'd agree with this argument. But Smart is very important to this team in many ways. I don't believe that we're better without him at all. We're going to miss him a lot against the Bucks.

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2019, 07:52:30 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

If they can blowout the Pacers in Game 4 by 20-30 point margin, then I'll be confident for the next series. Otherwise, the Celtics are what they are all season long.

If they blow out the Pacers today I still don’t believe in them lol. All a blowout at this point means is the Pacers quit. I won’t know who the Celtics are until next series.

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2019, 08:44:45 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I guess people are supposed to overlook the fact that this team can't stop a flea from climbing on a cat.

They can't even stop one player on the Pacers...they just outscore them.

I also guess if a person doesn't post emotional game to game nonsense, then they're a bad poster. This is the same team that lost 6 in a row.