24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 150099 times)

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #1125 on: May 30, 2019, 04:39:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Three weeks ago I predicted the Celts had a 10% chance of signing Irving. Now, I would say the Celtics have a 1% chance of signing him. Homerism is fairly common in sports blogs/forums. This forum is no exception. It amazes me how many Boston fans still think Irving will sign with Boston. I just hope Danny formulated plans B,C, D and E, b/c plan A has vanished (ie. signing Irving and trading for AD ). I believed all along that we could be contenders, even without Irving, if we were patient, let the young players develop and obtained a big on the level of Nurkic or Vuvecic to pair with Horford. I believe that Haywood will return to his old self next year and Williams will be a significant contributor next year.

1 in 100 odds, and you think you’re the realistic one?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1126 on: May 30, 2019, 05:18:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Three weeks ago I predicted the Celts had a 10% chance of signing Irving. Now, I would say the Celtics have a 1% chance of signing him. Homerism is fairly common in sports blogs/forums. This forum is no exception. It amazes me how many Boston fans still think Irving will sign with Boston. I just hope Danny formulated plans B,C, D and E, b/c plan A has vanished (ie. signing Irving and trading for AD ). I believed all along that we could be contenders, even without Irving, if we were patient, let the young players develop and obtained a big on the level of Nurkic or Vuvecic to pair with Horford. I believe that Haywood will return to his old self next year and Williams will be a significant contributor next year.

Haywood?  ;D

« Reply #1127 on: May 30, 2019, 05:27:11 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!

If you believe Nurkic or Vuvecic is the missing piece to vault us to contention, I'll take some of what you're drinking.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1128 on: May 30, 2019, 05:27:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991

Haywood?  ;D

yeah Hurley Haywood  Really good ex race driver  :)

« Reply #1129 on: May 31, 2019, 02:20:11 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Now I think about it. The sad thing about this is if he leaves and the celtics do well with him gone he will STILL get scrutinized and asked questions about the Celtics. He really can’t escape it.

« Reply #1130 on: May 31, 2019, 03:19:27 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
All I hear about is how Kyrie is leaving. Well why?

It literally makes no sense if they call him at midnight and offer him the 4 year Max and tell him he's their franchise player now and In the future.

We have a great ownership group, shrewd management, in the most winning sports town in the country. We are the best sports town literally right now. We should we lose a prized free agent? Who's projecting this crap?

He's not going to find a better situation in regards to management. Danny needs to step up and properly build around him this summer, and Brad needs to conform to Kyrie's playing style. If they let him know that from the jump, he stays.

« Reply #1131 on: May 31, 2019, 03:39:19 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442

Haywood?  ;D

yeah Hurley Haywood  Really good ex race driver  :)
Better than Dick Trickle?

« Reply #1132 on: May 31, 2019, 03:42:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2753

"@stevekylerNBA
Follow Follow @stevekylerNBA
More
Steve Kyler Retweeted Christian Tams MS RD
I can help a little... The Celtics have been actively exploring trades, and draft scenarios for players that would better lineup with a future built around Tatum and Brown... sources close to the team are skeptical that they can get Irving back but remain open to re-signing him.
"

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/1134529603031195649

« Reply #1133 on: May 31, 2019, 04:23:29 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

"@stevekylerNBA
Follow Follow @stevekylerNBA
More
Steve Kyler Retweeted Christian Tams MS RD
I can help a little... The Celtics have been actively exploring trades, and draft scenarios for players that would better lineup with a future built around Tatum and Brown... sources close to the team are skeptical that they can get Irving back but remain open to re-signing him.
"

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/1134529603031195649

Similarly:

Steve Kyler
@stevekylerNBA
All I can tell is what's happening behind the scenes... Boston is not operating like a team focused on Irving and Davis... In fact, the things they are exploring run counter to a Davis and Irving future.   

« Reply #1134 on: May 31, 2019, 04:24:10 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

I've written Irving off since Milwaukee game 5. You could see by his body language during that game that he is done here. His half arsed performance was basically a middle finger while walking out the door.

No idea why some people here still think that Boston is #1 on his list. Nothing in his behavior suggests that's the case. I wouldn't be shocked if Danny already knows that he is leaving and is already strategizing around it.

Well we will find out by July 30th (or whenever it is), can't wait for all of this speculation to be done with.

« Reply #1135 on: May 31, 2019, 04:38:54 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
If Danny triggers a youth movement after whiffing on George, Leonard, Butler, and Davis, while losing Irving..... he's not worth his salary. We could have had one hell of a win now team with our assets, but Danny always plays it safe.

He made one big purchase since KG and Ray, Irving. One guy, a ton of All NBA guys have been available.

I'm not watching a youth movement, the league is ripe for the taking if KD leaves GS, hell it is right now. Shame Danny left this team on a dual timeline and whiffed on Superstars. He ruined our chance to jump into the mix.

It pains me watch Toronto's GM cash his chips in, and more so to watch Morey make bold moves year in and year out. Why cant we go all in? Landing Irivng should have triggered that. Instead Danny guarded Tatum and Brown with his life.

I'd rather lose with too flight talent like Houston, having a shot, than build through the draft for years.

« Reply #1136 on: May 31, 2019, 04:49:14 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
If Danny triggers a youth movement after whiffing on George, Leonard, Butler, and Davis, while losing Irving..... he's not worth his salary. We could have had one hell of a win now team with our assets, but Danny always plays it safe.

He made one big purchase since KG and Ray, Irving. One guy, a ton of All NBA guys have been available.

I'm not watching a youth movement, the league is ripe for the taking if KD leaves GS, hell it is right now. Shame Danny left this team on a dual timeline and whiffed on Superstars. He ruined our chance to jump into the mix.

It pains me watch Toronto's GM cash his chips in, and more so to watch Morey make bold moves year in and year out. Why cant we go all in? Landing Irivng should have triggered that. Instead Danny guarded Tatum and Brown with his life.

I'd rather lose with too flight talent like Houston, having a shot, than build through the draft for years.

So I don't want to see you posting here in two years when Brown and Tatum are both all stars and tearing up the East, with Mr. Smart terrorizing opposing point guards and Mr. Gordon "Swiss Army Knife" Hayward coordenating the band like a fine Maestro.

Chill man, a lot can happen in a season. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise we lose Irving. We don't know what happened behind close doors. Were you ever a part of a sports team? Even amateur? Sometimes things just don't click. Sometimes a guy is such a pain in the ass that he sucks the will and the desire to play of the other guys. Nobody wants to make an effort on defense for three straight possessions and than don't touch the ball in the offense for 3+ minutes. It's awful when that happens.

I'm all in if Danny wants to go the youth route. I trust his vision. I trust the culture that was built in the locker room the last 4 or 5 years. Irving was not made in that culture, maybe he doesn't fit. If he believes Smart, Tatum and Brown have what it takes, I think I would enjoy more this team succeeding than a Houston-type team.
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #1137 on: May 31, 2019, 11:02:37 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

It literally makes no sense if they call him at midnight and offer him the 4 year Max and tell him he's their franchise player now and In the future.

We have a great ownership group, shrewd management, in the most winning sports town in the country. We are the best sports town literally right now. We should we lose a prized free agent? Who's projecting this crap?

He's not going to find a better situation in regards to management. Danny needs to step up and properly build around him this summer, and Brad needs to conform to Kyrie's playing style. If they let him know that from the jump, he stays.

Actually, he forced his way out of a better situation.  You might remember the team he played on previously made the NBA finals 3 seasons in a row and won a championship before he forced them to trade him with 2 years left on his contract.

Don't confuse Kyrie's malcontent for a desire for stability or a winning environment. 

« Reply #1138 on: May 31, 2019, 11:06:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3142
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Actually, he forced his way out of a better situation.  You might remember the team he played on previously made the NBA finals 3 seasons in a row and won a championship before he forced them to trade him with 2 years left on his contract.

Don't confuse Kyrie's malcontent for a desire for stability or a winning environment.
Way to ignore the writing on the wall that everyone, including Kyrie, could see that said that LeBron was leaving. Why would he want to be stuck on a team with injury-prone Kevin Love and all LeBron's friends that he made Cleveland overpay?

If you think Cleveland's ownership, management, coaching and prestige is better than ours I don't know what to say.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1139 on: May 31, 2019, 11:17:17 PM »

Offline Never Nervous Pervis

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16

Way to ignore the writing on the wall that everyone, including Kyrie, could see that said that LeBron was leaving. Why would he want to be stuck on a team with injury-prone Kevin Love and all LeBron's friends that he made Cleveland overpay?

He also was hurt when he found out Cleveland tried to trade him for Paul George and Eric Bledsoe, thinking Lebron's camp was behind it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21941260/nba-playing-lebron-winning-nba-title-kyrie-irving-decided-move-question-why

In mid-June, shortly before Griffin left, team and league sources confirm, the Cavs explored a three-way deal with Phoenix and Indiana that would have shipped Irving and Frye to the Suns and brought Eric Bledsoe and Paul George to Cleveland. The Suns resisted, unwilling to part with their No. 4 pick, which they planned to use to draft Josh Jackson.

No formal offer was made by any of the teams, but news of this potential transaction stung Irving, who, sources close to him say, became convinced that LeBron's camp, which also represents Bledsoe, orchestrated the trade talks.