Author Topic: Trump once again suggesting violence by his supporters against others?  (Read 1370 times)

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5996
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/15/politics/trump-breitbart-interview-tough-supporters-democrats-violence/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Trump suggests that supporters may get 'tough' against Democrats
By Veronica Stracqualursi, CNN

Updated at 9:33 AM ET, Fri March 15, 2019

Play Video
Trump warns: Police, military supporters could get tough 02:56
Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump appeared to insinuate in a recent interview that his supporters -- the police, military and "Bikers for Trump," he claims -- could turn violent against Democrats.
"You know, the left plays a tougher game, it's very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don't play it tougher. OK?" Trump said in an interview with Breitbart News published Wednesday. "I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump -- I have the tough people, but they don't play it tough -- until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."

His actions and words scare the hell out of me sometimes. I can't help but wonder if he loses, will he try to delegitimize the results and call on his supports for violence to stop him from giving up the presidency. It's sad, but yeah, I think with this human being, that is a possibility.

Offline seancally

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
I do wonder how hed handle an election loss. I would say odds are high he makes claims of fraudulent voting, election interference, etc. Also wonder what Russias role in the 2020 election will be. Im prepared for any outcome, and I would unfortunately not be remotely surprised if this is the first instance of a rocky transfer of power. Hopefully that is not the case.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27418
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
He left himself room to argue its not a direct call to violence, but hes a disgusting human being.  Wed be so much better off if he stepped down.

I worry very much about the craziest 5% - 10% of the electorate on either side. Were starting to see the dehumanizing of political opponents, to the point where at least some violence is a realistic outcome no matter who wins.  Republicans campaign on the loss of our culture, Democrats mention literal loss of life.  Its ugly.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

Online Fan from VT

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 746
He left himself room to argue its not a direct call to violence, but hes a disgusting human being.  Wed be so much better off if he stepped down.

I worry very much about the craziest 5% - 10% of the electorate on either side. Were starting to see the dehumanizing of political opponents, to the point where at least some violence is a realistic outcome no matter who wins.  Republicans campaign on the loss of our culture, Democrats mention literal loss of life.  Its ugly.

You really pick and choose when to give someone massive benefit of the doubt and when to make common sense interpretation of someones words, don't you.

How do the both sides stack up in terms of shootings, deaths, domestic terrorist attacks, etc?

Online fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2189
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
He left himself room to argue its not a direct call to violence, but hes a disgusting human being. 

It's a lot like Michael Cohen said - he doesn't tell people to do things, he declares what he wants to happen as though it's a fact. The stereotypical mob boss language, which in government is also dripping with fascist overtones. "It would be a shame if something happened to my opponents, my supporters are very tough and it would be very bad for them if they decided to do something on my behalf."

Cohen wasn't the first person or the 1000th to say so, but his warning that if Trump loses in 2020 there will not be a peaceful transfer of power is not getting taken nearly as seriously as it should. It's a very real possibility.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
He left himself room to argue its not a direct call to violence, but hes a disgusting human being. 

It's a lot like Michael Cohen said - he doesn't tell people to do things, he declares what he wants to happen as though it's a fact. The stereotypical mob boss language, which in government is also dripping with fascist overtones. "It would be a shame if something happened to my opponents, my supporters are very tough and it would be very bad for them if they decided to do something on my behalf."

For sure. Hes able to deny responsibility, while planting the seed regarding what would please him.

Offline slamtheking

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 9116
Wed be so much better off if he stepped down.
He never should have been voted into office in the first place.  I remember those claims that he was no worse than Hillary which were total BS at the time and have been shown to be completely foolish. 

Hillary sucked as a choice but is there any doubt that we wouldn't be dealing with:
- the pandering to the worst elements of society
- the complete lack of acknowledgement of what's true and what's a lie
- the threatening and vilification of the press
- the threatening and vilification of the opposing party
- the lack of action to shore up our electoral process from outside influence
- the deterioration of our relationships with our allies
- the glorification/worship of dictators/tyrants/Putin
- the vilification of our intelligence agencies and other govt agencies
- the very real concern that should the opposition win the next presidential election that there will not be a willing transfer of power?

I stated Trump was the most vile person to ever run for office and I stand by it.  He never should have made it through the primaries, never mind winning the election.  disgusted this ass-clown got into office and dread the ramifications from next year's election 

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

You really pick and choose when to give someone massive benefit of the doubt and when to make common sense interpretation of someones words, don't you.

How do the both sides stack up in terms of shootings, deaths, domestic terrorist attacks, etc?

Im not giving him the benefit of the doubt.  But, if something violent happens, what do you think Trumps spin will be?  He will say that he never called for it, and that he directly warned against it.

As for your second question, I have no idea. I think that even with political violence, the problem tends to be unhinged mental health issues.  I mean, look at yesterdays shooting in New Zealand.  The shooter is very anti-immigrant.  Hes also anti-corporation and pro-green.  Not everything is tied up neatly in an ideological bow.  But, if we are counting, I think that throughout history violence done in the name of the left-wing causes probably has been more prevalent than right-wing. I just think its stupid to focus on that.

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
The more I think about this the more disturbing it becomes. He said this to Breitbart who's main audience contains the most reactionary group of crazy right wingers that support Trump.

He put it out, specifically to that audience. His mafia boss way of communicating the desire of violence on people who don't support Trump if those people take it too far is obvious to anyone with just half a brain.

So what is taking it too far? Will militant right wingers start making violence if the Mueller report comes out and is devastatingly bad for Trump? Or does he call for that violence if he gets impeached? Or if he loses the election? Or could it be something as simple as denying him his money for the wall?

What is the point where Trump believes his supporters should get violent?

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 64
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/15/politics/trump-breitbart-interview-tough-supporters-democrats-violence/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Play Video
Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump appeared to insinuate in a recent interview that his supporters -- the police, military and "Bikers for Trump," he claims -- could turn violent against Democrats.
"You know, the left plays a tougher game, it's very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don't play it tougher. OK?" Trump said in an interview with Breitbart News published Wednesday. "I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump -- I have the tough people, but they don't play it tough -- until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."

His actions and words scare the hell out of me sometimes. I can't help but wonder if he loses, will he try to delegitimize the results and call on his supports for violence to stop him from giving up the presidency. It's sad, but yeah, I think with this human being, that is a possibility.

Nick is this you in this video? The guy behind the counter?

>>>>>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvFlrnymW_o<<<<<<<<<<<

Re: Trump once again suggesting violence by his supporters against others?
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 04:27:34 PM »

Online fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2189
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I can't help but wonder if he loses, will he try to delegitimize the results and call on his supports for violence to stop him from giving up the presidency. It's sad, but yeah, I think with this human being, that is a possibility.

He's tried to delegitimize the results of the election he won, and spread baseless conspiracies about the midterms, so yeah, it's far more than a possibility.

BTW anyone remember really early in the campaign when two Boston men brutally beat and urinated on a sleeping Latino homeless man then told the cops "Donald Trump is right, all these illegals need to be deported", and his first reaction was "people who follow me are very passionate, they want to make this country great again"? This has been him, all along.

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 04:37:57 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith

Play Video

Nick is this you in this video? The guy behind the counter?

>>>>>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvFlrnymW_o<<<<<<<<<<<

There are ways to discuss the issues and concerns brought up in this thread in the Current Events forum. This is not one of them.

It's belittling and insulting and directed at a mod. Have a nice vacation.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 09:01:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1130
He's tried to delegitimize the results of the election he won

I think the left has that covered.

Classless to encourage violence and shameful.

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 11:53:57 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 252
FAKE NEWS
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 12:06:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 379

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required