Author Topic: Warriors (34-14) at Celtics (30-18) GAme #49 1/26/19  (Read 39613 times)

Re: Warriors (34-14) at Celtics (30-18) GAme #49 1/26/19
« Reply #735 on: January 26, 2019, 11:10:54 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
our 2nd best player went 0-5 tonight and we still only lost to a 5 All-NBA player team by 4 points.

Hayward is the 6th best player

more like 8th...Baynes, Brown and timelord are more important....then GH, then Rozier.   ;D

« Reply #736 on: January 26, 2019, 11:11:13 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Problem is down the stretch other guys have to contribute. Morris was a no show most of the game. Tatum made nothing in the 4th. It was Kyrie and a little bit of Al.

GS shot 16 FTs in the 4th. I don't think Boston got to the line at all
Unfortunately the FT disparity is part and parcel of each team.  We don’t get to the line, and they do.

Yes I agree Boston settles too much for long 3s but GS got come calls tonight. The call on Al on Durant on his 3 was terrible. Same with the call on Mook on Durant. Refs anticipate fouls on Curry and Durant and then call them

« Reply #737 on: January 26, 2019, 11:11:17 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 759
Not sure why so many think "the team will clean up the mistakes by playoffs" or "Hayward will be much better by the end of the season" or "Brad will figure it out by April" or "Team is built for the playoffs".

I don't see it. Hayward has regressed since playing better mid-season, Stevens doesn't know what to do with this group, the bench is awful, we are much worse rebounding this year, Irving is amazing offensively but it hurts the rest of the team in the long run, we have lost our offensive movement, toughness and gritty style of play and it's not going to magically return in 30 games.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #738 on: January 26, 2019, 11:11:32 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Still have no idea why Brad didn't put in Baynes or Theis (or both) for that free throw. Ugh

It was Smart who failed to box out the foul shooter.

Smart came flying in the paint and missed a chance for a rebound.
If Smart boxed out Draymond, he would have gotten the rebound.

It was just an unlucky bounce...Sh*t happens. smart was the fifth man who went in there as  morris was guarding the shooter and tatum was squeezing KD with Al but the [dang] ball bounced the other way.

Also true, it was an unlucky bounce.

Still, I think Ainge needs to make a move to improve the team.
I think packaging Rozier for Vucevic would really improve the team's rebounding and inside scoring.

« Reply #739 on: January 26, 2019, 11:12:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 575
Rozier and Hayward combined for 4 points. Pathetic.

35 mill this season for those 4 points

But wait! Hayward's coming off from a major surgery so he gets a pass!  ::)
He doesn't get a pass, but some empathy from some certain posters would certainly be refreshing, especially considering it was two major surgeries
I personally don't really blame him. Its gonna take time for him to get back to where he was. I don't even expect it to happen this year. I do blame Stevens, who needs to recognize that hayward isn't giving you enough, cut back on his minutes, and distribute more ball handling duties to Brown and Tatum who are at least capable of getting to the rim. Hayward killed them in the second half where he was trying to run the second unit and just couldn't initiate any offense.

« Reply #740 on: January 26, 2019, 11:13:03 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Cs are not ever going to get where they need to with Hayward not making as basket. Too many nights he does not contribute on offense. He just passes, then passes up shots or looks timid. He does not seem to be making any progress.

He is happy to collect his checks...that counts for something right?

« Reply #741 on: January 26, 2019, 11:13:14 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This team is losing too many games in the third quarter when CBS brings in the bench. Happened tonight. Nobody scored. Didn't defend at all.

« Reply #742 on: January 26, 2019, 11:13:23 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
Smart loses the game with failure to box out

amazing

"You guys are all blind here"

That was Tatum's responsibility as the third guy in the lane. Smart was out past the three point line and, thus, not his responsibility  ::)

Tatum was trying to help keep KD away from the boards.  There should have been a 4th guy at the line to block out green.  Just a failure on a lot of levels.

Instead of blocking out, Smart wanted to get a heroic rebound on a potential miss

didnt do the basic thing and it cost them a chance.

You don't understand what boxing out means if you think that it was Smart's responsibility/fault.

Smart had plenty of other mistakes tonight, specifically his chucking, but that last rebound was in no way his fault, as it's literally - not figuratively, literally - impossible for him to box out the shooter five feet in front of him.

« Reply #743 on: January 26, 2019, 11:13:24 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Not sure why so many think "the team will clean up the mistakes by playoffs" or "Hayward will be much better by playoffs" or "Brad will figure it out by April" or "Team is built for the playoffs".

I don't see it. Hayward has regressed since playing better mid-season, Stevens doesn't know what to do with this group, the bench is awful, we are much worse rebounding this year, Irving is amazing offensively but it hurts the rest of the team in the long run, we have lost our offensive movement, toughness and gritty style of play and it's not going to magically return in 30 games.

Addition by subtraction.

I think trading Rozier will open up more minutes for Hayward and Brown.

Rozier is really not very good when he's not a starter.

« Reply #744 on: January 26, 2019, 11:13:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
our 2nd best player went 0-5 tonight and we still only lost to a 5 All-NBA player team by 4 points.

Hayward is the 6th best player

more like 8th...Baynes, Brown and timelord are more important....then GH, then Rozier.   ;D
Don't disrespect the towel boys by putting Rozier ahead of them ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #745 on: January 26, 2019, 11:13:53 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Rozier and Hayward combined for 4 points. Pathetic.

35 mill this season for those 4 points

But wait! Hayward's coming off from a major surgery so he gets a pass!  ::)
He doesn't get a pass, but some empathy from some certain posters would certainly be refreshing, especially considering it was two major surgeries

Some posters think he should've played last season and chose not to. Good luck getting realism 'round here.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #746 on: January 26, 2019, 11:14:41 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 575
Problem is down the stretch other guys have to contribute. Morris was a no show most of the game. Tatum made nothing in the 4th. It was Kyrie and a little bit of Al.

GS shot 16 FTs in the 4th. I don't think Boston got to the line at all
Unfortunately the FT disparity is part and parcel of each team.  We don’t get to the line, and they do.

Yes I agree Boston settles too much for long 3s but GS got come calls tonight. The call on Al on Durant on his 3 was terrible. Same with the call on Mook on Durant. Refs anticipate fouls on Curry and Durant and then call them

If you are talking about the calls I think you are, both were fouls. Al hit Durants arm. Maybe you could argue it was before the shot but it was a foul. It wasn't  the refs tonight guys.

« Reply #747 on: January 26, 2019, 11:14:51 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
This team is losing too many games in the third quarter when CBS brings in the bench. Happened tonight. Nobody scored. Didn't defend at all.

I agree.

I think the solution is trading Rozier.

Removing Rozier from the equation will open up minutes for Hayward and Brown.

Celts will be fine with Wanamaker as the 3rd string PG.

Smart can backup Kyrie.

« Reply #748 on: January 26, 2019, 11:16:02 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Still have no idea why Brad didn't put in Baynes or Theis (or both) for that free throw. Ugh

It was Smart who failed to box out the foul shooter.

Smart came flying in the paint and missed a chance for a rebound.
If Smart boxed out Draymond, he would have gotten the rebound.

It was just an unlucky bounce...Sh*t happens. smart was the fifth man who went in there as  morris was guarding the shooter and tatum was squeezing KD with Al but the [dang] ball bounced the other way.

People can analyze this missed rebound till the cows come home the ball bounces differently it’s a different outcome. I feel like the turnovers late in the 4th and letting Klay hit that 3 were costlier.

Im disappointed in the result but it’s hardly wrist slitting time. I think big picture we can learn from this and continue to build.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #749 on: January 26, 2019, 11:16:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Smart loses the game with failure to box out

amazing

"You guys are all blind here"

That was Tatum's responsibility as the third guy in the lane. Smart was out past the three point line and, thus, not his responsibility  ::)

It was Smarts. Lol. You just can never blame him can you?

You must be Smart's biggest fan on here by far? Am I right?

Yep, again. In  that situation boxing out the shooter is smarts job.

No, that is simply incorrect. You can't freaking box out a guy five feet in front of you. That's, like, by definition a paradox, given that "boxing out" means being in front of the player and in between the player and the ball.

The guys on the perimeter are to crash the boards - not somehow supersede physics and box out the shooter.
Actually it's like basketball, foul shooting defense 101. Your two players not on the box run quickly to the corners of the paint, foul line extended, with the player crashing from the side of the court as the shooter's shooting hand taking responsibility to get in front of the shooter and boxing the shooter out from getting the rebound.