Author Topic: RIP Officer Ronil Singh and Pierce Corcoran  (Read 688 times)

Re: RIP Officer Ronil Singh and Pierce Corcoran
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 11:18:53 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Robert Williams
  • Tommy Points: 8
If Illegals commit crimes like citizens, it is not a matter of significance or not, the fact is that they are committing crimes and adding to our already high totals for murders and other crimes.

By this logic, we should be actively seeking not only prevent illegal immigrants from entering the country, but also deporting legal residents, in order to reduce the population and thus the total amount of crime committed.

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 11:25:56 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Robert Williams
  • Tommy Points: 8
Also, the “illegal immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate” claim is silly. Every adult who crosses our border illegally has committed a crime, making the adult crime rate roughly 100%.

I thought we were talking about violent crime. So in that case I guess I agree with you; if all illegal immigrants are criminals by the sheer fact that they don't have papers, then it doesn't really matter what they do after that because they're criminals from the start.

Now, please excuse me. I need to finish off this bowl of fresh-picked strawberries before my cleaning lady arrives. I also need to write a check for the speeding ticket the state trooper gave me last week.

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 11:37:09 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 735
A 2018 study published in Criminology analyzed population-level crime rates from all 50 states from 1990 to 2014 and found that the relationship between immigration and crime is "generally negative." "Increases in the undocumented immigrant population within states are associated with significant decreases in the prevalence of violence," study author Michael Light writes.

A 2015 study found that, in the same period, the immigration population more than tripled in the United States; from 1990 to 2013, the violent crime rate decreased by 48 percent, according to Federal Bureau of Investigation data.

A 2018 study from the Cato Institute found that immigrants have far lower arrest and criminal conviction rates than native-born Americans—a pattern that study author Alex Nowrasteh says holds for all crimes. Homicide conviction rates were 16 percent lower for immigrants than for native-born Americans in Texas in 2015, and criminal convictions overall were 50 percent lower for immigrants.

Another Cato Institute study looked at prison data, finding that the incarceration rate for native-born Americas was 1.53 percent, compared to 0.85 percent for illegal immigrants and 0.47 percent for legal immigrants.
A 2014 study of juvenile offenders in the Journal of Youth and Justice found recent immigrants have "significantly lower" rates of violent or property crime, although second-generation immigrants commit crimes at a level more similar to their native-born peers.

These studies are just a sample of a large body of research confirming what immigration advocates have argued for years. "There's 100 years of data from all different sources that all point in the same direction," Walter Ewing, senior researcher at the American Immigration Council, told USA Today. "If you don't believe one study, there's 10 more behind it that say the same thing."

All unexpected and/or violent deaths are tragedies. If you are looking for cost-effective ways to reduce deaths on a population level, then look elsewhere (gun control, improved interpersonal violence restraining measures, massive public funding for mental health and substance abuse treatment, decreased wealth gap, increased socioeconomic mobility, more universal economic security, etc). If you are looking for anecdotes to justify wasteful spending to build a symbol against brown people, stay in this thread.

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 11:42:43 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2143
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If Illegals commit crimes like citizens, it is not a matter of significance or not, the fact is that they are committing crimes and adding to our already high totals for murders and other crimes. Our country was built off immigrants but they came to our country by legal means. There are many who are trying to become citizens the legal way and the priority should be focused on them. What is the point of becoming a citizen the legal and right way if they see others not following our laws and coming in illegally? Why should our laws and programs give to those who are breaking those laws when others are waiting in turn to become citizens legally? My wife became a citizen the legal way many years ago as did my great grandparents. It is an insult to them and all of those who are following our laws to do this now by letting others skirt those very same laws.

I feel bad for anyone that is killed or has a crime committed against them no matter if it was done by an illegal or not. The bottom line though is there would be less crime being done to our people if illegals were not allowed to move to sanctuary cities and add to those totals. Yes, our citizens commit crimes too but adding a group of people who are here illegally to that mix, puts the total crimes at a higher level. If you have ten glasses of water filled to the top and remove a quarter of one glass, you have less water then you had before.

I am not a fan of rewarding those who break our laws special treatment and think our focus should be two fold. Stop illegals with greater defense and do not offer them programs to help them if here illegally. Shift the focus to those who are trying to become citizens legally and and help them do just that. Promote that we do want new citizens and show them how to do this the legal way but absolutely try and stop rewarding people who break our laws while the majority of other's do not.

I agree.

Also, the “illegal immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate” claim is silly. Every adult who crosses our border illegally has committed a crime, making the adult crime rate roughly 100%.

About half of illegal immigrants crossed the border legally.  Visa overstays are common and are civil offenses.

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 12:41:39 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 881
Brave Newman CA officer Ronil Singh slain by an illegal immigrant on Dec. 26, 2018.  He had a 5 mo. old son.
(The irony is Off. Singh was a legal immigrant and was killed by an illegal immigrant.)

Pierce Corcoran was killed by an illegal immigrant from a car crash..  He was only 22.

When Jamal Khashoggi was killed in Turkey by the Saudi's their were a lot on the left who were really upset and pointed a finger toward Trump.

Why aren't some on the left upset about this.  Very sad.

For the same reason that people on the right are only upset when police are killed by illegal immigrants.

(aka they are, and if people put away the mindset of "people who disagree with me politically do so because they are horrible people", they could see that)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 12:57:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 2149
Sad ....people care more about votes than our own citizens

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 06:48:27 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1106
By this logic, we should be actively seeking not only prevent illegal immigrants from entering the country, but also deporting legal residents, in order to reduce the population and thus the total amount of crime committed

Does willingness to break entry laws mean they may disregard other laws too?

I don't think all illegal immigrants are bad people, but like Roy said they all break the law.  They are plenty of bad ones too.   Trust, I was stationed in El Passo at Fort Bliss, TX, I 've seen both good and bad there.   Called some friends and some enemies but all one had to do was watch the border and you could crossings every day it was porous.

Jaurez made El Passo look tame too, human trafficing galore, drugs and lots dens on inequity and it was a rough town where if you did not know how to take care of yourself  you would get ate alive.

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• Global Moderator
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 976
By this logic, we should be actively seeking not only prevent illegal immigrants from entering the country, but also deporting legal residents, in order to reduce the population and thus the total amount of crime committed

Does willingness to break entry laws mean they may disregard other laws too?

I don't think all illegal immigrants are bad people, but like Roy said they all break the law.  They are plenty of bad ones too.   Trust, I was stationed in El Passo at Fort Bliss, TX, I 've seen both good and bad there.   Called some friends and some enemies but all one had to do was watch the border and you could crossings every day it was porous.

Jaurez made El Passo look tame too, human trafficing galore, drugs and lots dens on inequity and it was a rough town where if you did not know how to take care of yourself  you would get ate alive.
Crossing the border doesn't make you an illegal immigrant. 

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 02:19:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• Global Moderator
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 976
And I'm really confused why a RIP Officer Natalie Corona and Chateri Payne thread hasn't been started.  I mean that is 2 cops that have been killed in the last 2 days (both rookies and both females).  Where is that thread?  Why do only Officers Singh and Corcoran get to be honored on this blog?

I mean at least be consistent.  Either honor all of the fallen police officers or none of them.  Why pick and choose solely based on who the offender was?  Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 03:53:41 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 100
  • #StayWoke
And I'm really confused why a RIP Officer Natalie Corona and Chateri Payne thread hasn't been started.  I mean that is 2 cops that have been killed in the last 2 days (both rookies and both females).  Where is that thread?  Why do only Officers Singh and Corcoran get to be honored on this blog?

I mean at least be consistent.  Either honor all of the fallen police officers or none of them.  Why pick and choose solely based on who the offender was?  Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

At the same time let's start a thread to be happy about Jayme Closs, who was kidnaped by the murderer of her parents (who was a white male) and held in captivity for 3 months!

(But these examples don't fit their racist narrative. Shhhh.)
"I don't really have an ego. I have a presence and aura about me that's very reality-based."

-Zen Master Kyrie

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 04:07:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2143
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

At the same time let's start a thread to be happy about Jayme Closs, who was kidnaped by the murderer of her parents (who was a white male) and held in captivity for 3 months!

(But these examples don't fit their racist narrative. Shhhh.)

I want a thread about illegal immigrants who save people's lives and what a travesty it is because those people should rightly be dead.