Author Topic: Company Christmas "bonus"  (Read 823 times)

Re: Company Christmas "bonus"
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 9116
It’s a bonus, not an entitlement. If you don’t want the gun, you’re no worse off.

It wouldn’t be my preference, but it’s essentially a gift.

I don't think most people equate a "bonus" with a "gift".  Bonus suggests a reward/recognition for job performance.  Gift suggests an item given in the spririt of giving (or Christmas in this case).

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2018, 03:14:41 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 1139
  • What a Pub Should Be
To each their own, I guess.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 07:53:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1130
I might be mad if the gun was hi-point.

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 09:03:53 AM »

Offline gift

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 172
More like christmas BOGUS

but really I don't even get a bonus.

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 09:25:16 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27418
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
A Wisconsin company that produces novelty glassware is giving each of its employees a handgun of their choice as a Christmas bonus this holiday season.

BenShot makes bulletproof drinking glass products, including whiskey glasses, beer mugs and decanters, with bullets embedded into the glass. The father-son company, based in Hortonville, Wisconsin, has 16 full-time employees.

This is the first time BenShot has done anything like this, according to co-owner Ben Wolfgram. He says giving employees their choice of revolver as a gift is part of an effort to promote personal safety and team building.

“Our main motivator was personal safety and protection, but we live in a local hunting community so we already know how people feel about weapons,” Ben, 35, tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “We also know our employees and their families well, so there’s lots of trust here.”

Last month, during a company meeting in the glass workshop area, the Wolfgrams announced the gift to their staff. “A few people told their spouses who couldn’t believe it,” says Ben.

Employees were instructed to gun-shop on their own time and last week, they were reportedly given a collective $8,000 in gift cards to gun stores. The only condition was that the staff had to undergo a gun-safety course at work.

There were two women who weren’t sure they could use a gun so we gave them VISA gift cards instead,” says Ben.

Employee Chelsea Priest told USA Today that a gun “will empower her and will help keep her safe,” saying, “I’ve never been a part of anything like this.”

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 10:13:26 AM »

Online Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 702
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
A Wisconsin company that produces novelty glassware is giving each of its employees a handgun of their choice as a Christmas bonus this holiday season.

BenShot makes bulletproof drinking glass products, including whiskey glasses, beer mugs and decanters, with bullets embedded into the glass. The father-son company, based in Hortonville, Wisconsin, has 16 full-time employees.

This is the first time BenShot has done anything like this, according to co-owner Ben Wolfgram. He says giving employees their choice of revolver as a gift is part of an effort to promote personal safety and team building.

“Our main motivator was personal safety and protection, but we live in a local hunting community so we already know how people feel about weapons,” Ben, 35, tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “We also know our employees and their families well, so there’s lots of trust here.”

Last month, during a company meeting in the glass workshop area, the Wolfgrams announced the gift to their staff. “A few people told their spouses who couldn’t believe it,” says Ben.

Employees were instructed to gun-shop on their own time and last week, they were reportedly given a collective $8,000 in gift cards to gun stores. The only condition was that the staff had to undergo a gun-safety course at work.

There were two women who weren’t sure they could use a gun so we gave them VISA gift cards instead,” says Ben.

Employee Chelsea Priest told USA Today that a gun “will empower her and will help keep her safe,” saying, “I’ve never been a part of anything like this.”

It would make sense that novelty glassware store that sells drinking glass products with bullets embedded in them, would also give out guns for 'gifts.'  ;D

I do believe you should be armed or have the ability to defend yourself, and gun training safety class is imperative and vital for practical and safe reasons.

Do you think they were out of line, Roy?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 10:17:19 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It would make sense that novelty glassware store that sells drinking glass products with bullets embedded in them, would also give out guns for 'gifts.'  ;D

I do believe you should be armed or have the ability to defend yourself, and gun training safety class is imperative and vital for practical and safe reasons.

Not at all.  They know their employees, and they're a close-knit company.  It sounds like 14 out of 16 employees were happy with the bonus, and the other two got Visa cards.

It's not necessarily a bonus that would make a lot of sense for Bath and Body Works employees, but for employees who make and sell bullet laden glassware?  It sounds right on.

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2018, 10:45:05 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1338
Yes, I would like a gun for a holiday bonus, that would be pretty awesome.

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2018, 10:50:00 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 1139
  • What a Pub Should Be
I need one of those "Rocks" glasses

https://benshot.com/

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2018, 11:08:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I need one of those "Rocks" glasses

https://benshot.com/

Pricey, but cool.

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 9116

Not at all.  They know their employees, and they're a close-knit company.  It sounds like 14 out of 16 employees were happy with the bonus, and the other two got Visa cards.

It's not necessarily a bonus that would make a lot of sense for Bath and Body Works employees, but for employees who make and sell bullet laden glassware?  It sounds right on.
definitely not a 'bonus' that would be appropriate for all companies. 

my company for example.  the execs that decided not to give bonuses to anyone but did decide to re-organize my division by cutting 38 positions and cutting all of our benefits to far lower levels for next year wouldn't consider giving out weapons that might 'encourage' a disgruntled employee from bringing in said bonus and "showing their appreciation" for what these execs have done.

takes a lot of confidence by the owners that their employees are very happy working there

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 04:48:04 PM »

Online liam

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1097
Will Santa be allowed into the country this year? I think he is foreign born...

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required