Author Topic: DONE- C's exercised Guerschon Yabusele’s third-year team option  (Read 5916 times)

Re: DONE- C's exercised Guerschon Yabusele’s third-year team option
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 10:26:33 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
He can't hit shots
He has no handle whatsoever but,

He's our dancing bear and I guess we'll keep him.

Since drafting Yabusele, the Boston Celtics have improved in every way...it's just he hasn't had that much to do with it. He cannot be blamed for this. He plays a minute and half per game and those games?

Don't matter.

An important moment in his career: Yabusele, Ojeleye and Theis, for a few minutes, comprised the Boston Celtics frontcourt initiating the first:

French, German, Nigerian "big three" in Celtics history. What some have called an "international incident" on Causeway Street.

The Yabusele era in Boston marches on.

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2018, 09:42:46 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
I will say if you've seen any of Noah Vonleh with the Knicks recently, there's something to be said for being patient with young guys.

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2018, 09:58:39 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 982
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I will say if you've seen any of Noah Vonleh with the Knicks recently, there's something to be said for being patient with young guys.
Right, but Vonleh was at one time considered a potential lottery pick IIRC and ended up going 9th.  Yabusele was never given that much upside.

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2018, 01:45:51 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Brad Stevens on Celtics picking up Guerschon Yabusele's option for next year: "He's young and when you have his ability to move with his skillset and knowledge of how to play, it makes a lot of sense and fits the modern NBA. We're excited to have him back."

https://twitter.com/BrianTRobb/status/1058031010464587777

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2018, 01:59:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398

Yea I have more patience for bigs sometimes, cause you can't teach height as they say :)

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2018, 02:22:08 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 769
Brad Stevens on Celtics picking up Guerschon Yabusele's option for next year: "He's young and when you have his ability to move with his skillset and knowledge of how to play, it makes a lot of sense and fits the modern NBA. We're excited to have him back."

Again, Yabu gets a pretty good endorsement from CBS. I wonder how long before fans realize that CBS is a pretty good evaluator of talent and we should trust him.

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Again, Yabu gets a pretty good endorsement from CBS. I wonder how long before fans realize that CBS is a pretty good evaluator of talent and we should trust him.

He has also said in practice scrimmages they don’t really lose a whole lot when Yabu is inserted.  The problem is we are very deep with bigs.

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2018, 02:17:28 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 769

He has also said in practice scrimmages they don’t really lose a whole lot when Yabu is inserted.  The problem is we are very deep with bigs.

Really? I hadn't heard that.

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 293
Surprised the Celtics are so high on Yabu. It's very encouraging. I'm not seeing what they are seeing, of course.