Author Topic: Caravan Of Immigrants Heading Toward the Border  (Read 4625 times)

Re: Caravan Of Immigrants Heading Toward the Border
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »

Offline matteo

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 105
In Countries in Europe, you can't even get a job without proper papers. That is their border wall.

Can you legally get a job here without proper papers? I'm pretty sure you can't.

I'm not sure if this is Rosco's sentiment, but although I've been to Europe 20 or more times, I am not sure of the job requirements.  IF...i'm not sure its true but IF.. you actually "can't get a job there w/o proper papers" ...there would be a distinction between that and your statement that "you can't legally get a job here w/o papers" because you can get a job here w/o papers

« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2018, 04:41:49 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 362
In Countries in Europe, you can't even get a job without proper papers. That is their border wall.

Can you legally get a job here without proper papers? I'm pretty sure you can't.

I don't think you are supposed to be able to but I think you can in some industries.  Cracking down on this, punishing employers who hire non-compliant workers, would be a great way to discourage illegal entry for the purposes of employment.  Not as sexy as building a big beautiful wall though.

« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2018, 05:19:08 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 362

I'm not sure if this is Rosco's sentiment, but although I've been to Europe 20 or more times, I am not sure of the job requirements.  IF...i'm not sure its true but IF.. you actually "can't get a job there w/o proper papers" ...there would be a distinction between that and your statement that "you can't legally get a job here w/o papers" because you can get a job here w/o papers

I lived and worked in Finland for a year.  There were very strict procedures for getting "papers" before I could work.  I am not sure if it would be different if I was looking to pick vegetables on a farm but there is no way that I could have been employed without all the proper work visas and such.

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2018, 06:28:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5887
If companies in America decided not to hire undocumented workers, the only incentive for coming into the country illegally would be to live with relatives and friends with no way of making money. Then states and federal government would need to further de-incentivize coming by giving no state aid, housing or other stuff which would make undocumented people from coming here.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required