Author Topic: Caravan Of Immigrants Heading Toward the Border  (Read 4638 times)

Re: Caravan Of Immigrants Heading Toward the Border
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5898
https://twitter.com/mitchellreports/status/1058106652182765568

More context: @realDonaldTrump said that he has told the military to respond to any rock throwing by members of the migrant caravan as if it was an armed attack. "They want to throw rocks at our military, our military fightsback. I told them to consider it a rifle."
As I said. This is scary. No good comes from putting 15,000 armed forces on the border of a supposed ally. No good comes from relaxing the rules of engagement down to if they throw rocks kill them.

I wonder if the commanders on the ground decide to not listen to the Commander in Chief and not shoot at unarmed people what will be the fallout.

I know the conservatives on this site will roast me for this but there is starting to be a lot of similarities to 1930's Germany here.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:26:04 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2018, 09:18:41 PM »

Offline liam

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1031
https://twitter.com/mitchellreports/status/1058106652182765568

More context: @realDonaldTrump said that he has told the military to respond to any rock throwing by members of the migrant caravan as if it was an armed attack. "They want to throw rocks at our military, our military fightsback. I told them to consider it a rifle."
As I said. This is scary. No good comes from putting 15,000 armed forces on the border of a supposed ally. No good comes from relaxing the rules of engagement down to if they throw rocks kill them.

I wonder if the commanders on the ground decide to not listen to the Commander in Chief and not shoot at unarmed people what will be the fallout.

I know the conservatives on this site will roast me for this but there is starting to be a lot of similarities to 1930's Germany here.

I could see Trump burning down the White house and blaming immigrants. It doesn't take much to see something like this happening in todays America.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:25:28 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2018, 11:22:33 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2466
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
[..]
Here's Trump's most recent ad: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1057728445386539008
[..]

Quote from: Via NYT
The expletive-filled advertisement President Trump released this week, seemingly to raise fears about immigration in advance of the midterm elections, was widely denounced, with Democrats and even some Republicans criticizing it as racist.

But beyond the outrage, the ad was also reportedly based on a falsehood.

The 53-second video, shared by the president on Twitter, focuses on the courtroom behavior of Luis Bracamontes, an undocumented immigrant who was convicted of killing two sheriff’s deputies in California in 2014 — and repeatedly bragged about the slayings during his trial.

“Democrats let him into our country,” the ad’s script reads. “Democrats let him stay.”

Just one problem: It doesn’t appear to be true.

Bracamontes, who had been deported multiple times before his crime rampage, appears to have last entered the country while George W. Bush was president, sometime between May 2001 and February 2002, when there is a record for his marriage in Arizona, according to the Sacramento Bee.

He lived near Salt Lake City until 2014, when a methamphetamine-fueled road trip ended with him murdering two Sacramento-area deputies, according to the newspaper.

The ad also failed to mention that in 1998, Bracamontes was arrested on drug charges in Phoenix, then released by the office of then-Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio “for reasons unknown,” the Bee reported.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2018, 11:34:34 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 81
"Invasion?" 1000 miles away.  People hear the word invasion and are terrified.

What a liar. After the last caravan we were invaded by 11 barefoot women and children.  What people believe coming out of that buffoons mouth is unbelievable.

Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 11:39:06 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2172
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I cut off ALL trade with Mexico if they allow this ...Maybe we should let Canada or Japan send 15 thousand people into their cou try when ever......i warn the El Presidente .  You turn em back or Mexico City gets the wrath of our Navy . 

Leting an i vading force though your country is an act of war .   It would have been at least though Kennedy to Nixons admin.  I doubt even the liberal Bushes or Clinton would have toterated an invading force. on home soil.

I just can t help but think the libs are behind this some how ....somebodies sponsored it.

The utter fabrications (15 thousand people?), ignorance of history ( migrants have been making this journey for as long as we’ve been growing fruit in California), and allusion to conspiracy (“the libs are behind this”) make this post a perfect example of what’s going on in our country.
I fear we are doomed.

Don't forget the thirst for our military murdering probably at least thousands of Mexican civilians, creating at least hundreds of thousands of new refugees, and massively reorganizing our entire trade policy because of fear of a group of migrants, who have morphed into a horde of rampaging boogeymen. It's a great example of why fearmongering is so popular - it works.

Not for nothing that "invasion" was exactly how the synagogue murderer characterized it and precisely why he decided it was time to take action against the Jewish community he thought was behind it. Which is itself an offshoot of the "White Genocide" crap that white supremacists have been pushing for years. There's increasingly less daylight between routine, mainstream right-wing rhetoric and the "logic" of domestic terrorists.

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2018, 12:29:50 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 626
I cut off ALL trade with Mexico if they allow this ...Maybe we should let Canada or Japan send 15 thousand people into their cou try when ever......i warn the El Presidente .  You turn em back or Mexico City gets the wrath of our Navy . 

Leting an i vading force though your country is an act of war .   It would have been at least though Kennedy to Nixons admin.  I doubt even the liberal Bushes or Clinton would have toterated an invading force. on home soil.

I just can t help but think the libs are behind this some how ....somebodies sponsored it.

The utter fabrications (15 thousand people?), ignorance of history ( migrants have been making this journey for as long as we’ve been growing fruit in California), and allusion to conspiracy (“the libs are behind this”) make this post a perfect example of what’s going on in our country.
I fear we are doomed.

Don't forget the thirst for our military murdering probably at least thousands of Mexican civilians, creating at least hundreds of thousands of new refugees, and massively reorganizing our entire trade policy because of fear of a group of migrants, who have morphed into a horde of rampaging boogeymen. It's a great example of why fearmongering is so popular - it works.
Small correction, the caravan was at least initially primarily made up of refugees from the Northern Triangle (Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala) and not Mexicans, though I guess it's possible some Mexicans have joined it.   Of course, your sentence may just be referencing the nature of the "thirst for murder" you are describing.  In which case, the accurate makeup of the caravan probably doesn't matter.

Not for nothing that "invasion" was exactly how the synagogue murderer characterized it and precisely why he decided it was time to take action against the Jewish community he thought was behind it. Which is itself an offshoot of the "White Genocide" crap that white supremacists have been pushing for years. There's increasingly less daylight between routine, mainstream right-wing rhetoric and the "logic" of domestic terrorists.

Yup.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2018, 04:08:27 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2172
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I fear we are doomed.

Small correction, the caravan was at least initially primarily made up of refugees from the Northern Triangle (Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala) and not Mexicans, though I guess it's possible some Mexicans have joined it.   Of course, your sentence may just be referencing the nature of the "thirst for murder" you are describing.  In which case, the accurate makeup of the caravan probably doesn't matter.

Yeah, I was referencing the poster wanting to use the navy to attack Mexico City somehow. It's because of the caravan but they want the caravan itself turned back.

Nigeria is using our President's claim that stones are just like firearms to justify their killing of dozens of protesters last week, many of whom were shot in the back. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/world/africa/nigeria-trump-rocks.html

We released that video to say if President Trump can say that rocks are as good as a rifle, who is Amnesty International?

Good times. Making us proud again.

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2018, 04:44:02 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

I know this is perhaps the most minor quibble to have with this post, but why would we use the Navy to attack a city that is almost as far away from a major water source as you can get in Mexico?

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2018, 04:53:47 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith

I know this is perhaps the most minor quibble to have with this post, but why would we use the Navy to attack a city that is almost as far away from a major water source as you can get in Mexico?
Also, Mexico City is one of the most popular cities in the world. Full of innocent people who have nothing to do with any immigration problems America has. It would just be a genocide to attack that city.

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

Also, Mexico City is one of the most popular cities in the world. Full of innocent people who have nothing to do with any immigration problems America has. It would just be a genocide to attack that city.

Oh, there are several major issues with the post, I just enjoyed the added madness of using the Navy.

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 110

Oh, there are several major issues with the post, I just enjoyed the added madness of using the Navy.

Maybe Shaqattak is a genius, they'd never see it coming.

Mexican president to military advisor,

"They sent the navy?" (in spanish)

'Si Senior." (Almost all of the spanish I know)

"Raise the white flag, we cant stop John Cena and Gerard Butler. I dont care how far from the ocean we are." (In some spanish, in some english)

:Presidente begins to weep, turns on the Tv to find The Hunt for Red October playing.

"Oh Jesus, not Sean Connery too." (in spanish)

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2018, 05:55:49 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
Technically the Navy could send aircraft off of carriers and probably have drones they can launch, but yeah, an aerial attack on Mexico would likely come from one of the 3 air force bases in Texas.

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2018, 05:58:40 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 110
Technically the Navy could send aircraft off of carriers and probably have drones they can launch, but yeah, an aerial attack on Mexico would likely come from one of the 3 air force bases in Texas.

Dont be Silly, Nick. SEND THE NAVY.

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2018, 06:47:26 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
Washington Post reporting that Army estimates are that only 1400 people in the caravans will reach the US border. That's 5 military personnel stationed at the border plus people in the border patrol per person trying to come seek asylum in America, which by the way, is legal.

This is a complete waste of the military budget and nothing more than a political ploy. It's as disgusting as the Republican party using homophobia to rile their base during the run up to the election in 2004 as they put the definition of marriage on the ballot of a majority states in America.

I am not sure I can ever vote Republican nationally again. Fear mongering against brown people in Latin America and gay people in America is an awful and un-American way to get votes in the 21st century.

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2018, 01:00:51 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 626
Today's Whitehouse exchange with the press on this issue:

Here's a portion of their exchange:

Acosta: Do you think you demonized immigrants to try to keep...

Trump: No, I want them to come into the country. But they have to come in legally. Through a process. I want it to be a process. And I want people to come in. And we need the people. Wait, wait. You know why we need the people? Because we have hundreds of companies move in. We need to people.

Acosta: Your campaign had an ad showing migrants climbing over walls and so on...

Trump: That's true. They were not actors. It is true. Do you think that they were actors? They did not come from Hollywood. These were people, this was an actual -- it happened a few days ago and...

Acosta: They are hundreds of miles away. That is not an invasion.

Trump: Honestly I think that you should let me run the country. You run CNN. And if you did it well, your ratings will be much higher.

Acosta: If I may ask one other question.

Trump: That's enough.

Acosta: The other folks asked, pardon me, ma'am...

An unidentified woman attempted to grab the mic from Acosta.

Trump: That's enough.

Acosta: If I can ask on the Russian investigation. Are you concerned that you may have...

Trump: I am not concerned about anything with the Russian investigation because it is a hoax. That is enough, put down the mic mic.

Acosta: Mr. President.

Trump: I tell you what, CNN should be ashamed of themselves having you working for them. You are rude, terrible person. You should not be working for CNN. Go ahead. You are a very rude person, the way that you treat Sarah Huckabee Sanders is horrible. The way that you treat other people is horrible. You should not treat people that way.

Trump then called on another reporter, Peter Alexander

Alexander: In Jim's defense, he is a diligent reporter.

Trump: I'm not a big fan of yours either, to be honest ... You are not the best ... Just sit down, please. When you report fake news — no. When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you're the enemy other of the people.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/election-day-reaction-2018/h_cd5fd5d50e0918588e1cf9dcfd12e287
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required