Author Topic: Rod Rosenstein about to be fired?  (Read 992 times)

Re: Rod Rosenstein about to be fired?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 01:53:58 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 491
Call me crazy, but if I am president and someone in my team makes a "sarcastic" comment that they want to wiretap me as the President of United States, I probably do not feel that comfortable keeping that person on my team. Sarcasm aside, how dumb does one have to be to say that out loud about the President? and if it is not sarcasm, then it is even worse. Either way, I would choose to fire that person. Trust goes out the window with a comment like that.

I cannot imagine any president Democrat or Republican putting up with that. How do you think Bill Clinton would have reacted to that kind of thing when the Monica thing was going on?

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 02:11:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2485
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
It's a weird time we live in, where I'm hoping Rod Rosenstein and Jeff Sessions stay in positions of power despite disagreeing with 99% of the other non-Russia related things they're doing in those positions of power.

It's a weird time when a story comes out that the Deputy Attorney General believes the President who hired him is so grossly incompetent that he's considered trying to have him removed from office, it's consistent with like a dozen other high-level hires, and the public's so numb to all of it  that the story's considered a big win and opportunity for the President to interfere with the criminal investigation into himself and his associates.

When you put it like that it's downright depressing.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 02:16:50 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 88
Call me crazy, but if I am president and someone in my team makes a "sarcastic" comment that they want to wiretap me as the President of United States, I probably do not feel that comfortable keeping that person on my team. Sarcasm aside, how dumb does one have to be to say that out loud about the President? and if it is not sarcasm, then it is even worse. Either way, I would choose to fire that person. Trust goes out the window with a comment like that.

I cannot imagine any president Democrat or Republican putting up with that. How do you think Bill Clinton would have reacted to that kind of thing when the Monica thing was going on?

I completely agree with the above.

That said, there are many that think the NYT piece was a plant to give Trump the excuse he needs to fire Rosenstein.

I donít believe the conspiracy theories about Rosenstein. Just like I donít believe the conspiracy theories about Kavanaugh.

Oh, and everyone on CB who thinks NYT is FAKE NEWS. Doesnít believe that Rosenstein said these things right? Or was it the one (convenient) true thing from the NYT?

:)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 02:58:00 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 656

It is unprecedented. Which is the new normal with Trump in office, and should be the key takeaway. I'm having a hard time imagining Reagan or Obama's own staff basically plotting a coup because they think the President is that inept mentally.

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 03:08:03 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 652

It is unprecedented. Which is the new normal with Trump in office, and should be the key takeaway. I'm having a hard time imagining Reagan or Obama's own staff basically plotting a coup because they think the President is that inept mentally.

Yeah, and Reagan even had progressive Alzheimer's Disease while in office

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 03:19:55 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1192

More like Obama administration/bureaucratic swamp creatures plotting a coup against trump/the American people.....

Obama shaking in his tan suit today.

McCabe and Lisa Paige have already flipped.

O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 03:37:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1138
I read he had resigned.

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 03:53:35 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 144

More like Obama administration/bureaucratic swamp creatures plotting a coup against trump/the American people.....

Obama shaking in his tan suit today.

McCabe and Lisa Paige have already flipped.

O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!
That crafty Obama did a great job of embedding lifelong Republican administration/bureaucratic swamp creatures to take out for our pure and true supreme leader...
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 05:52:50 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 88
Look over here!
Whatever you do donít click on this thread: https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=97026.msg2559577#new

No really donít click on the really important news over here: https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=97026.msg2559577#new

Really donít do it: https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=97026.msg2559577#new
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 06:12:14 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 656

Yeah, and Reagan even had progressive Alzheimer's Disease while in office

Yeah, that's partly why I used him as an example. It says a lot, doesn't it? His people were loyal and kept the ship running even when he had a legitimate medical condition that could have prevented him from serving.

Probably because they respected him. We're in a sad state of affairs right now.

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 06:38:05 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 144
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required