Author Topic: Trump revokes Brennan's security clearance  (Read 5764 times)

Re: Trump revokes Brennan's security clearance
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 10:32:52 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1192
so I guess Dan Bongino , a secret service agent who worked under Obama is a far right conspiracy theorist ?

Yeah, he's pretty out there. Not at all a reliable source.
I see, a former federal agent, who understands how warrants are obtained, and understands how the justice department is supposed to work is clearly not reliable.

But i guarantee you won't even give it a listen to hear what he has to say.....

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 10:33:01 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2217
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Complete dumb political move to distract / change the subject from Russia investigation, Manafort Trial, Omarosa N-word allegations. 

If anyone missed it the letter revoking clearance was dated July 26th, so yeah, they've been sitting on this a while.

What you will find is Brennan will be a major player when the Russian Hoax is uncovered.  Brennan will be exposed as having a lot to do with the phony dossier and the FISA warrants. He has been linked to Fusion GPS, Steele, Simpson, Strzok, Ohr(s) , Page, Yates, McCabe, Comey etc...

Speaking of misinforming people, when was the dossier shown to be fake? Which specific parts have been disproved?

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Complete dumb political move to distract / change the subject from Russia investigation, Manafort Trial, Omarosa N-word allegations. 

If anyone missed it the letter revoking clearance was dated July 26th, so yeah, they've been sitting on this a while.

What you will find is Brennan will be a major player when the Russian Hoax is uncovered.  Brennan will be exposed as having a lot to do with the phony dossier and the FISA warrants. He has been linked to Fusion GPS, Steele, Simpson, Strzok, Ohr(s) , Page, Yates, McCabe, Comey etc...

Speaking of misinforming people, when was the dossier shown to be fake? Which specific parts have been disproved?
brennan himself has said the dossier was never confirmed on MSNBC. The guy is going to jail when all is said and done, along with others.....

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 10:42:53 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman

brennan himself has said the dossier was never confirmed on MSNBC. The guy is going to jail when all is said and done, along with others.....

That's not even close to answering the question.

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 10:43:44 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2709
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
so I guess Dan Bongino , a secret service agent who worked under Obama is a far right conspiracy theorist ?

I see, a former federal agent, who understands how warrants are obtained, and understands how the justice department is supposed to work is clearly not reliable.

Actually I did. I googled him. I'm not going to listen to the guy talk for hours. But I did google him, looked at the highlight reel. Seems like a good guy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Actually I did. I googled him. I'm not going to listen to the guy talk for hours. But I did google him, looked at the highlight reel. Seems like a good guy.
so you won't go to the actual source,  you just go to articles that want to create a narrative. Got it.

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 10:51:55 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2709
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

so you won't go to the actual source,  you just go to articles that want to create a narrative. Got it.

Show me the source. I will give it a few minutes. I'm not gonna comb through this guy's archives to find what you're referring to, especially since the 10 or so articles I did look at just reeks of a basic cutout of a conservative talk radio host carrying Trump's water and hypocritcally whining about liberals. If I wanted to see that, I'd...well there are a number of places I can find that now due to a myriad of factors. Conservative, Protrump, non-fact based programming is pretty easy to find right now.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6189
Bongino has had Alex Jones on his podcast in the past. If you're asking guys like that to be on your show, then you definitely like getting into far right conspiracy theories.

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2018, 11:08:11 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
I'm not gonna comb through this guy's archives to find what you're referring to, especially since the 10 or so articles I did look at just reeks of a basic cutout of a conservative talk radio host carrying Trump's water and hypocritcally whining about liberals.

This is exactly what he is, with even higher levels of conspiracy mongering and belligerent ignorance than usual. Typical Alpha Victim stuff.  Not a serious person, but has found a lucrative grift after bombing in 3 straight elections.

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2018, 11:13:49 AM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6189
A general question: is there any point at which a critic becomes so vocal that they become compromised, and therefore should lose clearance?

I would think that fired employees would lose clearance. To me thatís common sense.

And, anybody leaking secure material should lose their clearance.

What if Brennan went beyond criticism to imply that he had inside information, and without revealing it, criticized the President? Something like, ďIíve seen some of the stuff heís doing in North Korea, and he could get millions killedĒ?

In this instance Trump seems petty and is further poisoning the political well, but I think itís interesting to explore whatís appropriate in a non-Trumpian context.

Itís probably good to know what ďsecurity clearance ď means, too. Arenít their different levels? Might it make sense to just reduce, rather than eliminate, somebodyís access?
Regarding your general question, I don't see how someone can be so vocal they are compromised unless they are revealing classified information. I haven't followed Brennan's comments close enough, but I have never seen him accused of that.

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2018, 11:16:53 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 382
The republicans screamed abuse of power whenever Obama sneezed, probably many that are now defending Trump over this action.  Also, remaining silent isn't any better than outwardly defending.

Trump has taken abuse of power to ridiculous levels as compared to anything any other president has ever done.  And what are we hearing from those constitution-thumping conservatives in congress?  Pretty much nothing.  Very sad and really for me, concerning.

I think I am not alone with my concern and I am hopeful that this is another nail in the coffin for the republican majority in congress.

For the record, I am not a democrat.  I was republican for a number of years and now consider myself an independent.  I don't relish a democratic majority either but as compared to the current republican party, lordy (to quote James Comey).

What we need is more independents so no one has a majority in either house of congress.  Then things would get done, nonsense would not be tolerated.  Say it was 45% democrats, 40% republicans and 15% independents.  They would actually have to compromise with at least one other caucus to pass any bill and no one caucus could block action.  No more highly partisan judges for example.  No blocking a nomination and waiting for the next election.  Sensible immigration reform would pass.  And so on.

Making america great again is that simple.

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2018, 11:27:08 AM »

Offline blink

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 602
Trump's potential lose-their-security-clearance-list is basically an enemies list that they are trying to justify from another angle.  Unfortunately for the white house, they haven't presented any evidence why Brennan should lose his security clearance.  I expect that they won't ever give any evidence.

Most of the republicans in congress just humm and look away.  Paul Ryan basically said Trump was trolling us, and would never take away security clearances, until he did.  The congress as a whole needs to wake up and pass the legislation protecting Mueller.  Trump is slowly but surely leading to the firing of Rosenstein and Mueller. 

Taking away Brennan's security clearance is just another step in the political defamation of the Russia probe.  Trump told the WSJ that removing the security clearance was related to the Russia investigation.  It seems really clear what is going on.

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2018, 11:36:45 AM »

Offline blink

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 602
I'm not gonna comb through this guy's archives to find what you're referring to, especially since the 10 or so articles I did look at just reeks of a basic cutout of a conservative talk radio host carrying Trump's water and hypocritcally whining about liberals.

This is exactly what he is, with even higher levels of conspiracy mongering and belligerent ignorance than usual. Typical Alpha Victim stuff.  Not a serious person, but has found a lucrative grift after bombing in 3 straight elections.

My question is why does every reasonable discussion about Trump's administration / actions have to turn into a debate about right wing conspiracy garbage that doesn't have anything to do with the topic at all?

I don't know why we need to refute this stuff in every Trump thread.  It is like clockwork, every thread...deep state, highly questionable conspiracy theories, no facts, no logic, nothing really contributing to the discussion.

ok rant off...

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2018, 01:02:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1862
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy ó not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 02:00:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 9133
you know, attacking brennan may not turn out the way trump expects.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/opinion/john-brennan-trump-russia-collusion-security-clearance.html
in all honesty, I don't think this is going to affect Trump at all.  Until Congress holds him accountable like they're supposed to, he'll continue his act of Emperor.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required