Author Topic: Stand Your Ground shooting in Florida - GUILTY VERDICT  (Read 10063 times)

Re: Stand Your Ground shooting in Florida - GUILTY VERDICT
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2019, 01:37:42 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 1163
  • What a Pub Should Be
I linked the section in Castle Doctrine page that had the MAP as that was the key point. Castle Doctrine is for home, SYG is for ANYWHERE. SYG is the ultimate defense against duty to retreat. Either way, none of these are required for being grounded because you cannot retreat. Good lord how are you a lawyer?

I mean this very seriously.  Please don’t get a gun, and if you have one, please get rid of it.  You very clearly do not understand how to use them properly.

Salt,

I read the first page of this thread and it confirms where he is coming from on this case. Perhaps everyone arguing with him should revisit the first page to understand the context of his argument before you continue with trying to convince him.

I’ve been in this thread since the beginning 11 months ago.  He is of the opinion that it is acceptable to instigate a physical confrontation while you are carrying a firearm, and that the law protects you if the confrontation escalates to the point you feel threatened.  People like that should not own firearms, period.

Acceptable? Never said that. I've only stated that regardless of who started it, once your life is in danger, you can fire. Had he immediately shot, he probably wouldn't be going to jail. They looked at the video and determined that the 2 seconds he retreated was enough to make him no longer in danger.

What you just posted about me is a lie and insulting. I've repeated stated that he was out of line for going around starting trouble and the world is better off with him behind bars. I just know that if a POS starts trouble and is about to die, he also has a right to defend himself.

You know what else is disrespectful & insulting?  Questioning how someone is a lawyer.  Are you a lawyer yourself?  What area?

The "woe is me" act swings both ways.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2019, 01:45:36 PM »

Offline Erik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 183
  • The voice of reason
Agreed that it was disrespectful. I got a bit hot because he tried to twist my usage of a castle doctrine page that contained a map of duty to retreat laws as a way to try to imply that i dont know the difference between castle doctrine and SYG. It was pretty dirty, but I do apologize.

« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2019, 02:19:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I dont know why people just will not read the first page and understand where this guy is really coming from in his own words. His early take on this was political. Perhaps if you guys understand that you will stop trying to convince him on the law.

« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2019, 02:45:22 PM »

Online saltlover

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 2514
I dont know why people just will not read the first page and understand where this guy is really coming from in his own words. His early take on this was political. Perhaps if you guys understand that you will stop trying to convince him on the law.

Here is his very first post, page 1:

Have you watched the video? He didn’t take steps back until the gun was pulled. He shoved him and walked towards him in a fighting stance. I have no doubt if that guy was not armed he’d be in a lot of trouble.

Moral of the story: don’t put your hands on people.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=XibZ_1532357840

I don’t know how that goes against what I said a few posts ago.  Dude has been justifying this homicide from the beginning, and even after a jury said “no, that’s not okay” continues to double down.

« Reply #214 on: August 25, 2019, 03:09:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Here is his very first post, page 1:

Have you watched the video? He didn’t take steps back until the gun was pulled. He shoved him and walked towards him in a fighting stance. I have no doubt if that guy was not armed he’d be in a lot of trouble.

Moral of the story: don’t put your hands on people.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=XibZ_1532357840

I don’t know how that goes against what I said a few posts ago.  Dude has been justifying this homicide from the beginning, and even after a jury said “no, that’s not okay” continues to double down.

It does not and was not supposed to.
I was trying to get you to stop pushing a rope uphill, check out his second post where he brings up politics and race.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 03:30:35 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2019, 04:15:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• Global Moderator
  • Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1058
Agreed that it was disrespectful. I got a bit hot because he tried to twist my usage of a castle doctrine page that contained a map of duty to retreat laws as a way to try to imply that i dont know the difference between castle doctrine and SYG. It was pretty dirty, but I do apologize.
it was not. You keep talking about laws that do not apply.

This is not the castle doctrine.

This is not stand your ground.

This is not self defense.
Historical Draft - Portland Trailblazers
PG - Magic Johnson, Tony Parker
SG - Clyde Drexler, Dennis Johnson, Alvin Robertson
SF - James Worthy, Alex English
PF - Charles Barkley, Ben Wallace
C - Moses Malone, George Mikan, Brad Daugherty

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community