Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 251454 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'd test him for drugs the second he gets to the team and if it's positive I'd tell him to drive up to Maine where he will be remaining with the Red Claws till at least the All Star break. This cycle has to end immediately.

If he doesn't test positive make him carry the bags and fetch everyone water during all summer league.

In practice he wears a yellow jersey till he earns a green one

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
He reminds me of Javale McGee.  Incredible athlete but immature, and can't get out of his own way.

Javale played really well against Cleveland and won a championship, and we did not want him.

Danny did wanted him. Until Javale and his agent screwed him.

How so?

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 769
I'd test him for drugs the second he gets to the team and if it's positive I'd tell him to drive up to Maine where he will be remaining with the Red Claws till at least the All Star break. This cycle has to end immediately.

If he doesn't test positive make him carry the bags and fetch everyone water during all summer league.

Quite a leap from being late to a flight to drugs. Let's not assume the worst possible thing here.

Online mr. dee

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 613
He reminds me of Javale McGee.  Incredible athlete but immature, and can't get out of his own way.

Javale played really well against Cleveland and won a championship, and we did not want him.

Danny did wanted him. Until Javale and his agent screwed him.

How so?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/12425504/javale-mcgee-deal-boston-celtics

He was almost signed but backed out due to contract dispute.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Quite a leap from being late to a flight to drugs. Let's not assume the worst possible thing here.
Well what is the good reason for missing the flight?  I mean how much are we going to baby this guy and shrug our shoulders? Were you late for work your first day? How about your 2nd day? There need to be immediate clear consequences. Personally I think he was gonna be on the flight but then he got high. Na na na na na na. I'd like to know why.

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 748

Well what is the good reason for missing the flight?  I mean how much are we going to baby this guy and shrug our shoulders? Were you late for work your first day? How about your 2nd day? There need to be immediate clear consequences. Personally I think he was gonna be on the flight but then he got high. Na na na na na na. I'd like to know why.

Either we're babying him or he's on drugs. There is no middle ground.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 769

I'm sure they will handle the situation. I'm just saying that surprising him with a drug test is insulting, aggressive, and rude. It's not leading or developing him. It's attacking him.

I agree there should be firm consequences.

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
Definitely warning signs but I am going to hang in with him and assume this is all immaturity.  The Celtics need to be smart with this and get him a mentor or something to help him.  It is a big leap from College to NBA.  I don't have a lot to go on but I have a feeling this is not a character flaw, just some rookie mistakes.

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
They may not be able to drug test him, that sort of stuff is likely spelled out in the contract. It's also silly at this point. Yes, it is a bad thing to miss the flight. Yes, the team should take note and institute a plan to teach him how to be a pro. No they should not assume he's a lost cause or go overboard with ridiculous restrictions. He's a kid. Immature, yes, but hardly unusual for a kid his age. They can't all be Tatum. Let's see what happens during summer league, training camp, and the regular season before we pass judgement.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Either we're babying him or he's on drugs. There is no middle ground.

LOL, TPs for the both of you ;D.

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
waiting on that third strike now....

Kid is positioning himself to land back in Oil City sweeping floors for minimum wage.

LOW LOW IQ

Why because he's a southern black kid? You know nothing about the guy lol

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
This news All over espn even with free agency craziness.

Have to understand how much Celtic/Ainge hate there is out there in the media. Theyre dying for this kid to fail..

Online coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 147
Keep him away from our young guys.  I don’t want Williams to influence any of our young players.

Heck, if it was me, I will not let him inside the facilities,  cut our losses now.

We are the favorite to win the East, don’t want any distraction specially from someone who has not accomplished anything yet....not worth it

Re: Robert Williams and the makings of a masterpiece
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2018, 10:01:47 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
This must be an abstract painting

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Keep him away from our young guys.  I don’t want Williams to influence any of our young players.

Heck, if it was me, I will not let him inside the facilities,  cut our losses now.

We are the favorite to win the East, don’t want any distraction specially from someone who has not accomplished anything yet....not worth it

Good lord, its not like he killed someone. Lol. Settle down..