Author Topic: Justice Kennedy retiring-Kavanaugh procedings-Congrats Justice Kavanaugh  (Read 55816 times)

Re: Justice Kennedy retiring-Kavanaugh procedings
« Reply #675 on: September 23, 2018, 10:06:45 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 6038
I have a hard time believing that the Democratic party found 2-3 women who happened to know Kavanaugh and got them to lie about sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh during the same time period when it looks like he may have used a lot of alcohol.

I am not saying these events definitely happened. I am not saying they didn't. I think it's up to the Senate to look into each allegation and see if these allegations have merit. Get everyone under oath, accusers, Kavanaugh and all the witnesses. I don't care how long it delays the vote.

« Reply #676 on: September 23, 2018, 10:10:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27403
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
I have a hard time believing that the Democratic party found 2-3 women who happened to know Kavanaugh and got them to lie about sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh during the same time period when it looks like he may have used a lot of alcohol.

I don't find it that hard to believe. 

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #677 on: September 23, 2018, 10:32:12 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith

So what you are saying is the Democratic party researched Kavanaugh's high school and college days, found one woman from a high school Kavanaugh didn't even attend, found a woman who lived in Kavanaugh's dorm, told them to make up stories of sexual assault when he was drunk, even though both women would put themselves in danger of death threats to them and their families from wacko right wingers, all to make sure that Kavanaugh didn't become a Supreme Court Justice? And maybe they even found a third woman to do the same thing.

I want everyone to testify under oath and then I will decide. In the meantime, I find it hard to believe anyone can be certain that these things happened or not.

« Reply #678 on: September 23, 2018, 10:36:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

So what you are saying is the Democratic party researched Kavanaugh's high school and college days, found one woman from a high school Kavanaugh didn't even attend, found a woman who lived in Kavanaugh's dorm, told them to make up stories of sexual assault when he was drunk, even though both women would put themselves in danger of death threats to them and their families from wacko right wingers, all to make sure that Kavanaugh didn't become a Supreme Court Justice? And maybe they even found a third woman to do the same thing.

I want everyone to testify under oath and then I will decide. In the meantime, I find it hard to believe anyone can be certain that these things happened or not.

No, I think these women have a political agenda to stop the Kavanaugh nomination.  Ford may have came forward on her own, I don't know.  Democrats and their surrogates / allies are aiding them in whatever way they can.

Ramirez is an anti-Trumper who posed for pictures for the Kavanaugh article (clearly, she's scared for her life) while wearing a Puerto Rico t-shirt.  She's worked at a women's "progressive alliance" for the past 16 years.  Want to guess how she feels about the prospect of five conservatives on the court as it relates to fetal rights?

« Reply #679 on: September 23, 2018, 10:37:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Not only would I say that was basically the general execution of the plan....I would say the plan was made a long time ago. When they lost the Gorsuch thing the plan was "Any means necessary" and they settled on this.

They couldn't find real things that really happened so they have to make stuff up. Then spring it at the worst time.

« Reply #680 on: September 23, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 651
This is ... an interesting take:

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-woman-kavanaugh-assault-claims-what-boy-hasnt-done-high-school-1134736

Another panelist, Gina Sosa, said of the allegations by Ford: ďI mean, weíre talking about a 15-year-old girl, which I respect. Iím a woman. I respect. But weíre talking about a 17-year-old boy in high school with testosterone running high. Tell me, what boy hasnít done this in high school?Ē

Wow.

Those are some truly troubling sentiments being expressed by those women.  Excusing sexual assault is just something I barely have words for.

Yes, people should be allowed the opportunity to repent and rehabilitate, but excusing the behavior is appalling.

There are different social norms in 2018 than in 1982. Iíve been shocked by the number of older, liberal, female colleagues of mine who have expressed that this was just how things were back then.

I canít speak to that, but itís purely theoretical, because all evidence points to this being fiction.

Lack of compelling publicly known evidence that it is true is not the same as evidence pointing to it being fiction.  However much one might want it to be fiction.

Maybe one should take pause from making assertions one way or another?  It hurts nothing to wait to see how this plays out.

On one side:  an allegation from 36 years ago that has changed multiple times and which is missing almost all key details.  Of those details known, witnesses either have rejected or canít corroborate the accusers story;

On the other side: a citizen of impeccable character who has never had any complaints made against him before now.  While itís impossible for anybody to prove themselves innocent under such vague circumstances, Kavanaugh has produced contemporary alibis for much of that summer.

Impeccable?  Sure, if you ignore his own 'memory lapses' in testimony.  And if you ignore his being basically named as a fellow heavy drinking party boy in the book by his high school mate.

Lol.  Are people who drank while underage of poor moral character now?

That excludes what, 85% of the population?

1) It hardly warrants a label of "impeccable" character.
2) This may be hard to believe for some folks, but a large percentage of men do NOT spend most of their teens and 20s getting wasted.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #681 on: September 23, 2018, 10:42:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
2) This may be hard to believe for some folks, but a large percentage of men do NOT spend most of their teens and 20s getting wasted.

I suggested 15% might fit that category. 

I guess the rest of us lack high moral character.

« Reply #682 on: September 23, 2018, 10:50:28 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith

No, I think these women have a political agenda to stop the Kavanaugh nomination.  Ford may have came forward on her own, I don't know.  Democrats and their surrogates / allies are aiding them in whatever way they can.

Ramirez is an anti-Trumper who posed for pictures for the Kavanaugh article (clearly, she's scared for her life) while wearing a Puerto Rico t-shirt.  She's worked at a women's "progressive alliance" for the past 16 years.  Want to guess how she feels about the prospect of five conservatives on the court as it relates to fetal rights?

Not only would I say that was basically the general execution of the plan....I would say the plan was made a long time ago. When they lost the Gorsuch thing the plan was "Any means necessary" and they settled on this.

They couldn't find real things that really happened so they have to make stuff up. Then spring it at the worst time.
So then you would only believe these women if thier politics were Conservative Republican. I think that says more about you guys than it does these women.

« Reply #683 on: September 23, 2018, 10:54:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

So then you would only believe these women if thier politics were Conservative Republican. I think that says more about you guys than it does these women.

I'm saying it's a pretty compelling motive for some.  Certain legal precedents from 1973 are a big, big deal.  People lie for many, many reasons.  Keeping a fifth conservative off the Court is as good of a reason as any.

And, the accuser doesn't have to be a conservative or a Republican.  I would find them more credible if they weren't a p---- hat wearer, though.  What would be even better is if they'd reported the incidents in the last 35 years, rather than keeping it from their parents, siblings, closest friends, etc.

« Reply #684 on: September 23, 2018, 11:07:41 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

When do Republican women do smear jobs like this?  35 year later....juuusssttt as a guy is about to get onto the court?
I believe the 65 women attesting to Kavanaugh's character and I'm curious why the left pays zero attention to them whatsoever and act like they don't exist. No. Wait. Actually I'm not curious about that at all.

The Dems have been exceptionally transparent about all this.

And I'll call it right now. There will be another accuser. It's the only play the Dems can call. The 35 year old accusation. 

Maybe eventually they'll say he mistreated a dog or something. Or yelled at a kid. Or repeatedly took candy from babies.

« Reply #685 on: September 23, 2018, 11:12:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

When do Republican women do smear jobs like this?  35 year later....juuusssttt as a guy is about to get onto the court?
I believe the 65 women attesting to Kavanaugh's character and I'm curious why the left pays zero attention to them whatsoever and act like they don't exist. No. Wait. Actually I'm not curious about that at all.

And I'll call it right now. There will be another accuser. It's the only play the Dems can call. The 35 year old accusation. 

Maybe eventually they'll say he mistreated a dog or something. Or yelled at a kid. Or repeatedly took candy from babies.

In fairness, Democrats would never play politics when it comes to men who mistreat women.

« Reply #686 on: September 23, 2018, 11:20:20 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

In fairness, Democrats would never play politics when it comes to men who mistreat women.

Makes you wonder if the shenanigans of those guys ever made Senator Byrd late for his KKK meetings. 

« Reply #687 on: September 23, 2018, 11:23:56 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Could we add in some pics of Eliot Spitzer and Anthony Weiner? No. Wait. Don't add in pics of Weiner.

« Reply #688 on: September 23, 2018, 11:50:35 PM »

Online nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
So I guess adding in pics of Donald Trump, Roy Moore, Trent Franks, Blake Farenthold, George H W Bush, Steve Wynn, Patrick Meehan, Corey Lewandowski, Dylan Howard, Pat Meehan, Trent Franks, Joe Barton and others don't count? I could just as easily put up a list of Democratic people who have been accused of the same.

My take, it's not a Democrat or Republican thing. It's a powerful person thing. And each allegation should be taken seriously until such time as it is proven otherwise or there is no proof whatsoever. But, in this case, we will never know if there is no proof whatsoever until we hear from everyone under oath.

Until that time, I think we should all have an open mind on this. I mean, what if you are 100% wrong, which is completely possible. Do you really want a sex offender on the Supreme Court just because he agrees with your politics? Heck, we already have had a few as president, it's about time we as Americans start taking this stuff a little more seriously before blindly giving allegiance to a politician simply because their politics matches up with our own.

« Reply #689 on: September 24, 2018, 12:09:41 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 148

I'm pretty liberal myself, but I gotta admit I have absolutely no idea what to make out of all this. My first instinct is to believe the accuser, because just from a statistical view point the rate of false reporting of sexual assaults is low and there is so much blow back that its hard to see anyone willing to risk ruining their live over a supreme court pick. The holes in the story don't really bother me, I was in college like 5 years ago and I can't remember most of the parties I attended, let alone who was there or when they were. I can't imagine trying to rememeber something from 35 years ago. Sexual assaults are massively underreported so the idea that she kept quiet untill faced with the public appearance of her assaulter makes a lot of sense to me at least.

Now, as for some of the other things being thrown around on this thread. I really don't care how many woman come forward to say Kavanaugh is a nice guy. Some the worst killers in history likely got great reviews from ther everyday aquantainces. How many times do we here "I can't believe he would do this!" or "He seeemed like such a nice guy." What matters is how he treated THIS women in question. And again, who the hell cares how democrats have treated other accusers. Yes, they have done a terrible job. But that doesn't mean this allegation is any less valid or that we should ignore it.

In addition I find the idea that this is some sort of demoratic cover up absolutely insane. I mean listen to yourself. Democrats found some woman with a sort of link to Kavanaugh who was sexually assaulted and convinced her to say it was him? I mean there is literally zero evidence of this, and honestly if thats the plan I would hope they would pick a woman/situation in which they could prove Kavanaugh was there and pay up for some of the woman's friends to confirm her story. Because if this is a set up democratic operatives are doing a terrible job. Not to brag, but I feel like I could have done a better job setting Kavanaugh up.

Now all that being said I dont think with the current level of evidence against Kavanugh is enough to condemn him. Ford could simply be wrong about who or what happened 35 years ago, and in this country we still need evidence to prove guilt. Barring some additional evidence I think he gets confirmed, and I'm honestly not sure I would even hold it against the senators that vote for him. On the other-other hand I also don't blame woman who think that line of reasoning is terrible. Its a complicated situation.

And as a side note, I do consider additional accusations as additonal avidence because I don't live in some delusional world where more people coming forward is somehow just further evidence of a democrat led conspiracy. Because, it might just mean mean that Kavanaugh is actually a bad person. And that possibility has to be allowed for.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required