Author Topic: Justice Kennedy retiring-Kavanaugh procedings-Congrats Justice Kavanaugh  (Read 50011 times)

Re: Justice Kennedy retiring-Kavanaugh procedings-Congrats Justice Kavanaugh
« Reply #2115 on: November 06, 2018, 06:57:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1119
I follow the news pretty closely and I had never even heard this story,

Depends on what news you follow.   I have known about this since Saturday night.    My advice use multiple news sources and use them from both sides.

« Reply #2116 on: November 06, 2018, 07:38:53 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27460
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
so now two woman admit to lying about Kavanaugh?  crickets
I follow the news pretty closely and I had never even heard this story, doesn't seem like anyone really took it seriously at the time. It's just sad that when a credible accusation comes out you have people that try to hop a board and end up creating a distraction. I guess that is bound to happen in this political environment though.

Yeah, there were a few other “bandwagon” claims that weren’t taken particularly seriously: the admittedly fabricated one, an alleged sexual assault on a boat, some nonsense about throwing an ex-girlfriend against the wall (which was denied by the girlfriend, etc.)

These stories were pushed by parts of the mainstream media, notably NBC:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/it-sure-looks-like-that-nbc-story-about-a-fourth-kavanaugh-accuser-is-a-load-of-nonsense%3f_amp=true

There really is something to the “fake news” criticisms. NBC prints thinly-sourced accusations like the above, but refuses to disclose proof that Julie Swetnick was lying.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #2117 on: November 28, 2018, 08:35:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5887
So it turns out that people's claims that Blasey Ford would get rich off of the GoFundMe page set up for her, isn't true. Ford used the money to pay for security for her and her family after all the death threats sent their way and now, any remaining funds are going to be donated to trauma victim's charities.

She also shut down the fund. So Ford at least isn't getting rich off of the notoriety in this manner as many speculated was her primary reason for coming out with the allegations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/christine-blasey-ford-statement-gofundme-today-2018-11-26/

« Reply #2118 on: November 28, 2018, 09:26:38 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1320
So it turns out that people's claims that Blasey Ford would get rich off of the GoFundMe page set up for her, isn't true. Ford used the money to pay for security for her and her family after all the death threats sent their way and now, any remaining funds are going to be donated to trauma victim's charities.

She also shut down the fund. So Ford at least isn't getting rich off of the notoriety in this manner as many speculated was her primary reason for coming out with the allegations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/christine-blasey-ford-statement-gofundme-today-2018-11-26/

When is the book deal announcement?

« Reply #2119 on: November 28, 2018, 10:26:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5887

If there isn't one would you think that maybe, just maybe, she was telling the truth?

If she was just in it for a money grab, wouldn't she just keep all the money?

« Reply #2120 on: November 28, 2018, 10:58:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1320

If there isn't one would you think that maybe, just maybe, she was telling the truth?

If she was just in it for a money grab, wouldn't she just keep all the money?

Eh, my comment was tongue in cheek. 

I don't have any idea what her actual motivation was, nor if she was telling the truth or not.

« Reply #2121 on: November 29, 2018, 12:13:45 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1231
I did not believe her allegation. Ford's claims to have spent the money in a noble manner, do nothing to change that.

Biggest motive of all was "the cause".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXgz055rcxA

« Reply #2122 on: December 10, 2018, 10:54:54 AM »

Offline Moranis

• Global Moderator
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 998
well in one of the first more touchy issue before the court, Roberts and Kavanaugh sided with the more liberal justices and refused to take up a Planned Parenthood case as it pertains to Medicaid. Should be interesting how long they hold off on touching those subjects.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/10/politics/supreme-court-planned-parenthood-abortion/index.html

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required