Author Topic: Justice Kennedy retiring-Kavanaugh procedings-Congrats Justice Kavanaugh  (Read 47425 times)

Re: Justice Kennedy retiring-Kavanaugh procedings
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »

Offline mef730

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 630
You guys are thinking about this all wrong. I mean, there WILL be some good things that come out of this.

For example, Ivanka will look simply STUNNING in all black.

Mike
Want to learn about frequent flyer miles and flying well for free? Check out my blog here: http://frequentflyermiles101.com/

Actually, check it out even if you don't want to. It'll make me feel good.

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 04:39:08 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 208
A frustrating reminder of McConnell’s stolen seat.

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 109
From McConnell himself:
“The Senate stands ready to fulfill its constitutional role by offering advice and consent on President Trump’s nominee to fill this vacancy,” Mr. McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, said after Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement. “We will vote to confirm Justice Kennedy’s successor this fall.”

From McConnell in 2016:
"One of my proudest moments was when I told Obama, 'You will not fill this Supreme Court vacancy,"

It's like you can't make this stuff up. Republicans who voted for Trump over Hillary - we know who you are - got exactly what they wanted. It's amazing a president can can lose the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes, yet have so much impact on the next generation. And we are only 1 1/2 years in. Hang in there Ruth, we need you!

Were you so upset when Schumer and Biden delayed judicial appointments when Bush was president?

LOL leftists cannot adjust to the fact that they don't have decades long control of congress any longer, and that half the country vehemently disagrees with their world view.

If there was half the concern for the judicial branch imagining rights for mentally ill and perverted men who pretend to be women, robbing Americans of their 2nd amendment right, or forcing people at the point of a gun to buy health insurance or bake cakes for homosexual weddings, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Most of you have zero concern for individual rights. You want a congress and judicial branch that codifies your infringements on freedom.

Sorry, as our former president said just a few years ago, "elections have consequences". And America elected MAGA as president and republicans in charge of both houses of congress. To act as though Obama and Schumer wouldn't do the same thing if they were in charge is a joke and a lie.

Keep talking up impeachment. It makes Trump stronger by the day.

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2018, 05:14:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
From McConnell himself:
“The Senate stands ready to fulfill its constitutional role by offering advice and consent on President Trump’s nominee to fill this vacancy,” Mr. McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, said after Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement. “We will vote to confirm Justice Kennedy’s successor this fall.”

From McConnell in 2016:
"One of my proudest moments was when I told Obama, 'You will not fill this Supreme Court vacancy,"

It's like you can't make this stuff up. Republicans who voted for Trump over Hillary - we know who you are - got exactly what they wanted. It's amazing a president can can lose the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes, yet have so much impact on the next generation. And we are only 1 1/2 years in. Hang in there Ruth, we need you!
This surprises you? Remember how Hatch choose to ignore his previous statements that Garland was a great candidate that Obama will unfortunately never nominate? These people have no shame.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 05:16:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Sorry, as our former president said just a few years ago, "elections have consequences". And America elected MAGA as president and republicans in charge of both houses of congress. To act as though Obama and Schumer wouldn't do the same thing if they were in charge is a joke and a lie.
I agree. That's precisely why we should wait until the midterms with this, right?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 05:23:56 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 371
From McConnell himself:

From McConnell in 2016:

Were you so upset when Schumer and Biden delayed judicial appointments when Bush was president?

LOL leftists cannot adjust to the fact that they don't have decades long control of congress any longer, and that half the country vehemently disagrees with their world view.

If there was half the concern for the judicial branch imagining rights for mentally ill and perverted men who pretend to be women, robbing Americans of their 2nd amendment right, or forcing people at the point of a gun to buy health insurance or bake cakes for homosexual weddings, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Most of you have zero concern for individual rights. You want a congress and judicial branch that codifies your infringements on freedom.

Not comparable. At all.
The Republican Party values party over country.
They have proven their moral bankruptcy over and over again.
They have thrown their core convictions out the window in persuit of power.
They are criminal.
And their Dear Leader will soon be proven so.

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 05:25:35 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1108
Sorry, as our former president said just a few years ago, "elections have consequences".
I agree. That's precisely why we should wait until the midterms with this, right?

Economy is good, most Americans support stronger borders, be careful for what you wish for...  The thing is there are a lot of indicators that the Republicans may do more than ok, in the midterms.

But that Republicans are even discussing the prospect of gaining Senate seats, in the first midterm campaign of a president whose approval rating has never reached 50 percent, illustrates the wildly divergent electoral landscapes for the House and the Senate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/02/us/politics/senate-republicans-midterms.html

I actually thought Trump could win the presidency.   I think the resistance may fail as well and is not a lock.   You see, I used to watch a lot of CNN and MSNBC and they always made it look better than what is was in terms of elections.   We seen this with quite a few president candidates like Gore, Kerry and as of late Hillary.   I would not trust them as far as I could spit.   I also do not trust Fox.

I think Pres. Trump will select Andrew Napolitano.

Personally, I think a lot of the lower level judges are activists at this point.   I like having some checks and balances.

I think it is fair to wait until the mid-terms though.   What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:31:58 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 05:26:41 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 490
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
From McConnell himself:

From McConnell in 2016:

"if ya ain't normal then yer a pervert"
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2018, 05:32:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Sorry, as our former president said just a few years ago, "elections have consequences".

Economy is good, most Americans support stronger borders, be careful for what you wish for...  The thing is there are a lot of indicators that the Republicans may do more than ok, in the midterms.
So how much worse can it get? They already nixed the judicial appointment filibuster in Senate.

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2018, 05:35:59 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 100
  • #StayWoke
From McConnell himself:

From McConnell in 2016:

Mods, is this going to be allowed or are you going to NCE him?
"I don't really have an ego. I have a presence and aura about me that's very reality-based."

-Zen Master Kyrie

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 813
Hated Trump but a big part of why I voted for him was I knew this president would have 1-3 Supreme Court picks.

Big part of why a lot of conservatives had to grin as bear it and vote for that ****.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2018, 05:41:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27548
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Hated Trump but a big part of why I voted for him was I knew this president would have 1-3 Supreme Court picks.

Big part of why a lot of conservatives had to grin as bear it and vote for that ****.

Agreed, regardless of what the “****” was.

No cussing, though.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2018, 05:42:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Agreed, regardless of what the “****” was.

No cussing, though.
Well, it's your souls, I guess.

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2018, 05:46:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27548
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
I think Pres. Trump will select Andrew Napolitano.

I don’t think so. I think he’ll select somebody qualified.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2018, 05:53:26 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 2961
From McConnell himself:

From McConnell in 2016:

Putting all the civil rights issues aside for a moment, what the GOP has done in the past 2 years with the Supreme Court is a completely unprecedented party-first power play. There is nothing remotely similar to:

1) Refusing to vote on a nomination for 10 months.. and the appointee was a left-CENTRIST (leave it to liberals to compromise upfront and get screwed).

2) Make rule changes specifically so they could force through subsequent appointees without a filibuster and unbalance the court as much as possible as quickly as possible.

The GOP is not playing at democracy, they are running a slow moving coup to install a conservative America, and fueling it on the backs of culture war.
---
Lucky17 Yahoo! Points League: Jackalopes
Offseason Tracker

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required