Author Topic: Stephen Miller  (Read 7774 times)

Re: Stephen Miller
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2018, 02:32:39 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 250
Court records show that parents applying for asylum at legal points of entry were still having their children taken from them, despite the administration's claims that it was a "myth".

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-port-of-entry-separations-20180701-story.html

Why are we still pretending this was/is just about illegal border crossing?

Simple Solution....If you don't want to be separated from your kids, DON'T COME INTO THE UNITED STATES ILLEGALLY! That's not racist, that's common sense.

THANK YOU....now, let's talk about the Celtics~!!!!!!!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2018, 02:36:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2144
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Court records show that parents applying for asylum at legal points of entry were still having their children taken from them, despite the administration's claims that it was a "myth".

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-port-of-entry-separations-20180701-story.html

Simple Solution....If you don't want to be separated from your kids, DON'T COME INTO THE UNITED STATES ILLEGALLY! That's not racist, that's common sense.

Ok, so now I'll ask you too - would you like to try and read the article or even the actual post and try again?  I highlighted one very important part in case it's too daunting a task.

Now that I think about it, these two responses are a great answer to the question I posed at the end, though.

« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2018, 02:58:25 PM »

Online heyvik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

Ok, so now I'll ask you too - would you like to try and read the article or even the actual post and try again?  I highlighted one very important part in case it's too daunting a task.

Now that I think about it, these two responses are a great answer to the question I posed at the end, though.

I along with you will wait to see if the article is read and then discussed. I honestly for the life of me do not understand when proof is given its just ignored.

« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2018, 03:13:13 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 88
Today was a court deadline for reuniting confiscated children under 5 years old with their parents. Of 102 such kids DOJ says there are 75 that qualify for reuniting, and 4 have been reunited. They estimate another 34 will be reunited by the end of the day.

Among the details of the cases that can't be resolved by the deadline is this gem:

So we may have detained and taken kids from US citizens. Whether it's true in this case or not, how these kinds of nearly inevitable consequences were totally disregarded by people who normally believe the government is too incompetent to be trusted remains beyond me.

Yes, this part of it is always a head scratcher.
The government is an inefficient and incompetent bureaucracy.
Except for when it comes to (1) prison sentences and capital punishment and (2) separation of parents and children.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2018, 03:38:50 PM »

Offline gift

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 153
Today was a court deadline for reuniting confiscated children under 5 years old with their parents. Of 102 such kids DOJ says there are 75 that qualify for reuniting, and 4 have been reunited. They estimate another 34 will be reunited by the end of the day.

Among the details of the cases that can't be resolved by the deadline is this gem:

So we may have detained and taken kids from US citizens. Whether it's true in this case or not, how these kinds of nearly inevitable consequences were totally disregarded by people who normally believe the government is too incompetent to be trusted remains beyond me.

Except for when it comes to (1) prison sentences and capital punishment and (2) separation of parents and children.

No one likes the government when it acts against their wishes, yet many people empower the government in efforts to use it in accordance with their wishes, knowing that in doing so it will act against the wishes of others and most certainly, using that same power, against their own in the future.

« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2018, 04:16:13 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 2144
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Don't forget police shootings! Where the government agent wielding deadly force is inexplicably far less responsible for their actions than the dead unarmed person who gets castigated and smeared in the grave.

With the exception of the occasional libertarian type who's genuinely consistent on it, the real code always seems to be "small enabling government for me (still subsidizing me but in ways I can easily disregard), big oppressive government for thee."

It always reminds me of how "criminal" gets used rhetorically as a sort of personality trait that defines disliked groups but people with favored identities being convicted of actual crimes are ignored or minimized. Note how Trump and people here's response to the admin violating a court order is to blame the separated families for breaking the law - in other words, "we" don't have to follow the law but "they" do, so it's all their fault. It's ingroups and outgroups all the way down. And these poor kids are definitely an outgroup.

« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2018, 09:09:11 AM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 88
Many children still not reunited with their parents.
This is out of the headlines now, but still very real for the parents and kids that have been separated.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/12/migrant-reunification-aclu-685673
Celtics fan for life.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsStrong Forums.

Community

Signup to win FREE tickets

* indicates required