Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Bucks (1-2) Game #4 4/22/18  (Read 51519 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Bucks (1-2) Game #4 4/22/18
« Reply #870 on: April 22, 2018, 04:01:21 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Marcus

save us. !

« Reply #871 on: April 22, 2018, 04:01:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/988142162775822336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics&tfw_site=bleacherreport

Brad Stevens says the two options on the final play were Rozier coming off a misdirection, which was taken away by a switch, or the one-on-one shot that Morris took.

Holy hell, Brad. So you're telling me the two options that you came up with involved the two players who have been absolute garbage the past two games and were a combined 7 for 25 at that point?

Let's hear the Brad apologists explain this ish.

That's disgraceful.

You give the ball to your best players, period.  Brad outsmarted himself.

Yeah, I got a feeling this plays a part in this, too.

« Reply #872 on: April 22, 2018, 04:01:50 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
THIS IS SUCH EFFING BS! HOW IS THAT NOT A FOUL FOR BROWN?!

Brown totally should have held it, but he had his arm ripped away from the ball and they just let it slide. This then led to the wide-open Brogdon 3. That is a 5 point swing and the reason we lost this game.

And I know, I know, if we had played better earlier in the game, then we wouldn't have needed that play, but we didn't and we lost a game that we should have won.

Yeah. It was clearly a foul on Brown that was missed (Ed Maloy is such a d bag), but we have to know to not push it there.

And ultimately that was on Rozier. It's the point guard's job to control the game in that manner, and him pushing it up to Brown on the break ultimately allowed this to happen. He should've pulled it back out and slowed it down. Honestly, just doing that probably wins us this game.

Rozier's terrible BBIQ once again kills us down the stretch.
Im not sure brown made a mistake.  He was in the open court where he is lethal and worst case scenario, he gets fouled.  We were only up one and would have had to work to get a shot.  Take the points if you can get them. 

Unfortunately, worse case scenario was actually brown getting fouled and the refs not calling it.

« Reply #873 on: April 22, 2018, 04:02:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
This is the wizards series all over again

Can we bring back Kelly Olynyk lol

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We'll draft Mo Wagner, who is the rich man's Kelly!

« Reply #874 on: April 22, 2018, 04:02:48 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If Milwaukee wins this series Philly is going to best their asses. Bucks are terrible. Two man crew that gets away with everything.

« Reply #875 on: April 22, 2018, 04:03:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
THIS IS SUCH EFFING BS! HOW IS THAT NOT A FOUL FOR BROWN?!

Brown totally should have held it, but he had his arm ripped away from the ball and they just let it slide. This then led to the wide-open Brogdon 3. That is a 5 point swing and the reason we lost this game.

And I know, I know, if we had played better earlier in the game, then we wouldn't have needed that play, but we didn't and we lost a game that we should have won.

Yeah. It was clearly a foul on Brown that was missed (Ed Maloy is such a d bag), but we have to know to not push it there.

And ultimately that was on Rozier. It's the point guard's job to control the game in that manner, and him pushing it up to Brown on the break ultimately allowed this to happen. He should've pulled it back out and slowed it down. Honestly, just doing that probably wins us this game.

Rozier's terrible BBIQ once again kills us down the stretch.
Im not sure brown made a mistake.  He was in the open court where he is lethal and worst case scenario, he gets fouled.  We were only up one and would have had to work to get a shot.  Take the points if you can get them. 

Unfortunately, worse case scenario was actually brown getting fouled and the refs not calling it.

If Brown got all the free throws he was entitled to, he would've scored at least 40 and The Celtics would've won the game.

« Reply #876 on: April 22, 2018, 04:04:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I will say, regardless of that dumbass play call, or whether or not we win/lose this series, I've already seen everything I've needed to out of this playoff run.

All I cared about coming into the playoffs was to see how Tatum/Brown could handle a big role and whether or not Rozier was capable of being a starting caliber playoff PG.

Brown and Tatum have shown me all I need to see to know they are the cornerstones here we need them to be. Rozier has proven he's nothing more than a good backup.  Whatever happens from here on out is irrelevant.  It would be great if Boston can win this series, but if not, I'm not going to be terribly bothered by it.

« Reply #877 on: April 22, 2018, 04:04:09 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Going to throw my frustrations behind the pacers tonight. Need to see the Cavs go down 3-1

« Reply #878 on: April 22, 2018, 04:05:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Last thing I wanna hear is the Celtics blew 2-0 series lead to the Bucks at the end of this series.

And I thought we're 35-0 all-time when leading 2-0 in a series. Better not let that streak snap by the Bucks of all teams.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #879 on: April 22, 2018, 04:06:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/988142162775822336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics&tfw_site=bleacherreport

Brad Stevens says the two options on the final play were Rozier coming off a misdirection, which was taken away by a switch, or the one-on-one shot that Morris took.

Holy hell, Brad. So you're telling me the two options that you came up with involved the two players who have been absolute garbage the past two games and were a combined 7 for 25 at that point?

Let's hear the Brad apologists explain this ish.

In Brad's defense, it wasn't as bad as the Jared Sullinger 3's he used to draw up ATO.

But yeah, not the ideal options there.
Yeah, but drawing a play with just two options... for the guys that have been ice cold all game? Trying a little too hard there, maybe. Come on, if you really hate giving it to the rooks, you can put Horford on the same play and make him earn his salary...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #880 on: April 22, 2018, 04:07:11 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Last thing I wanna hear is the Celtics blew 2-0 series lead to the Bucks at the end of this series.

And I thought we're 35-0 all-time when leading 2-0 in a series. Better not let that streak snap by the Bucks of all teams.

This is why game five is The Game. Whoever wins it will win this series

« Reply #881 on: April 22, 2018, 04:09:49 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Anyone remember the 2008 Championship team not winning a game in ATL in the first round? Took 7 to beat them. I’m not saying this team is a title contender, but it’s just time to take it to the Bucks back at home.

« Reply #882 on: April 22, 2018, 04:10:27 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Talk about jinx effect.  The talk of being undefeated after up 2-0 is enough to assure beyond any doubt that the streak will end.

« Reply #883 on: April 22, 2018, 04:10:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
So anyone know what time the game on Tuesday will be?

« Reply #884 on: April 22, 2018, 04:12:33 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Anyone remember the 2008 Championship team not winning a game in ATL in the first round? Took 7 to beat them. I’m not saying this team is a title contender, but it’s just time to take it to the Bucks back at home.

That team we had PP34, KG, and Ray Allen in their primes complemented by the likes of James Posey, Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Leon Powe, and Eddie House.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)