Author Topic: Fultz ends season with triple-double (youngest ever)  (Read 6425 times)

Fultz ends season with triple-double (youngest ever)
« on: April 12, 2018, 01:14:22 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLp0CQRLgfQ

Yes, it's one game but this is about as well as he could have ended the year.

I'm impressed by how well his athletic tools have translated to the NBA. He still looks really big, fast and coordinated for a PG.

He also seems to have great court vision and a potential knack for big plays. If he keeps it up in the post-season, expectations for next year in Philly will be sky-high, and for good reason.

Re: Fultz ends season with triple-double (youngest ever)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:22:16 PM »

Online gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
What a strange story his year has been.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I liked Fultz a lot coming in. I was all for The Celtics taking him at #1. I think he just needs to take care of some maturity issues and he'll be fine. I am also very happy with Tatum. He plays with a maturity beyond his years. I think in a couple of years this will be looked on as an excellent draft class.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 01:25:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If he gets his 3 point shot back, wow.

Could be major component of Sixer trade package for Leonard. Along with Laker pick. Leonard makes more sense for them than Lebron both age wise and position wise. That would be a tough team to beat.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 01:28:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I liked Fultz a lot coming in. I was all for The Celtics taking him at #1. I think he just needs to take care of some maturity issues and he'll be fine. I am also very happy with Tatum. He plays with a maturity beyond his years. I think in a couple of years this will be looked on as an excellent draft class.

I think it already is, but only more so if Fultz and Ball reach expectations.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 01:35:25 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Impressive but tough to gauge considering MIL just rolled over last night. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 01:35:26 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Let's hope hes' not to the Celtics what Andrew Toney was. Should be an interesting rivalry redux if all parties stay healthy.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 01:41:44 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Before this thread gets too wild it is probably worth noting that the Bucks really didn't try very hard. Bledsoe played 9 minutes and the majority of his damage came against Sterling Brown, a gimpy Delladova playing his first minutes in 2.5 months and the prodigal Brandon Jennings.

To put these end of seasons games in perspective Alec Peters had 36 points, 9 rebounds, Dillon Brooks had 36 points, Josh Hart had 30 points and Erik Moreland had 16 points, 17 rebounds (not to mention Baynes put up 26-14).

This isn't to say whether Fultz will be good or bad, but the majority of games outside Denver Minnesota and Portland Utah were not NBA basketball games last night.

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 01:43:09 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It wasn't just the last game of the season that was impressive by Fultz.  He has had a number of decent games in the last couple of weeks since he came back.  I mean it is only a couple of weeks, but the case of the yips that he had seems to have been corrected.  I don't want him to be good, but he has looked good.

Everything is lining up for a future Sixer / Celtic renewed rivalry in the next few years. 

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 02:10:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
It wasn't just the last game of the season that was impressive by Fultz.  He has had a number of decent games in the last couple of weeks since he came back.  I mean it is only a couple of weeks, but the case of the yips that he had seems to have been corrected.  I don't want him to be good, but he has looked good.

Everything is lining up for a future Sixer / Celtic renewed rivalry in the next few years.

I guess. He shot about 40% from field since coming back, didn't hit free throws and didn't hit a 3. Showed good ability to get to the rim and good assist to turnover ratio. Seems like we are setting the bar real low if we say he has looked good for a number one pick (his starring in this pickup game against backups not withstanding)

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 02:20:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

I guess. He shot about 40% from field since coming back, didn't hit free throws and didn't hit a 3. Showed good ability to get to the rim and good assist to turnover ratio. Seems like we are setting the bar real low if we say he has looked good for a number one pick (his starring in this pickup game against backups not withstanding)

I said he looked good, I didn't say he was shooting a great %, or that he deserved any praise that wasn't warranted. 

Compared to how he looked early in the season, he looked good.  He was scoring, making assists, using his length and his quickness.  He looked like he belonged.  If that bar is too low for you fine.  It isn't for me.

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 02:34:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I said he looked good, I didn't say he was shooting a great %, or that he deserved any praise that wasn't warranted. 

Compared to how he looked early in the season, he looked good.  He was scoring, making assists, using his length and his quickness.  He looked like he belonged.  If that bar is too low for you fine.  It isn't for me.

Would you say if we had never made the trade and this was the season he had for us as a number 1 pick we would be happy as fans? Just that he looked like he belongs in the league? Semi looks like he belongs in the league.

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 02:41:12 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Would you say if we had never made the trade and this was the season he had for us as a number 1 pick we would be happy as fans? Just that he looked like he belongs in the league? Semi looks like he belongs in the league.
He looked a lot better than just belonging in the league.  He also missed the vast majority of the year with an "injury". 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 02:46:02 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

I am happy we drafted Tatum.  I am sure every Celtic fan would be disappointed if we drafted Fultz and he had the year that he had.  But cmon, at the end of the year he has looked better than Semi, that is just a silly comparison. 

Why are you nit picking my posts?  I said I thought he looked good.  If you disagree, disagree no big deal.  Relax my friend.

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 02:58:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I am happy we drafted Tatum.  I am sure every Celtic fan would be disappointed if we drafted Fultz and he had the year that he had.  But cmon, at the end of the year he has looked better than Semi, that is just a silly comparison. 

Why are you nit picking my posts?  I said I thought he looked good.  If you disagree, disagree no big deal.  Relax my friend.

I wasn't trying to nitpick your post. I really was just trying to understand what you meant. Sorry it came off differently.